The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by infernalcradle
HUGE WELL DONE TO EVERYONE WHO HAS INTERVIEWS ON THE 14TH.....

where is it?

as some of us current BM6 will come down and say hi....

You spelt my name wrong so I only just got this :P

What do you mean sorry? Moved PP?

15 points from each marker for both the ps and reference (so I'd assume 7.5 marks each if the weighting is equal)

preinterview score- out of 30

interview....each interviewer gives you a mark out of 15....

interview score....out of 30

total application score= out of 60

AFAIK they just agree on a score rather than splitting it. And then the interviewers never even find out if you got an offer. They just write a report and then some unknown god of offers make a decision on that.

Original post by Ally312
Hi :smile: I'm just wondering how they use your academic profile - do they use AS grades or just look at your predicted grades and if you fit the GCSE profile they ask for?
And is there preference for those with bigger and better grades, or is the emphasis mainly on your PS and reference?

They just look at predicted really and whether or not you have the GCSEs.

They don't care as long as you have the minimum, otherwise they'd ask for higher grades. There are all ranges of grades in the classes. It's totally about interviews and ps :smile:
hey, gona send my eligiblity form for the 3rd time this week... lol . my teachers pissed off as she has to sign it for the 3rd time. This time i will send it speical delivery (£5.45) as when i track the other 2 online, its says that they are still being processed. I rang up soton to ask if they had got my form and they told me to assume that they had it. Thry said they had nearly 800 which means that about 800 people applied for the bm6 course ??? They said that if they didnt get the form they would contact me.. btw, good luck to everyone who has inteviews! :smile: ive heard nothing so far!
Original post by BethaneyJ
You spelt my name wrong so I only just got this :P

What do you mean sorry? Moved PP?

As in we aren't in the usual rooms by the cafe in building 85.....we're up in 3077 in building 32...

sorry about the spelling :colondollar:
As in we aren't in the usual rooms by the cafe in building 85.....we're up in 3077 in building 32...

sorry about the spelling :colondollar:

Oooh! I getya. I imagine they'll be in 87 as a lot were last year. They've probably moved you guys as we ALL went and chatted to them last year in the PP break :P

No problem just didn't want you thinkin I ignored you.
Oooh! I getya. I imagine they'll be in 87 as a lot were last year. They've probably moved you guys as we ALL went and chatted to them last year in the PP break :P

No problem just didn't want you thinkin I ignored you.

haha, no worries :biggrin:

any chance you could have a look at my nutrition report?

I've sent it to you over fb
YEESS..i got an Interview on the 14th:biggrin::biggrin:

They just look at predicted really and whether or not you have the GCSEs.

They don't care as long as you have the minimum, otherwise they'd ask for higher grades. There are all ranges of grades in the classes. It's totally about interviews and ps :smile:

Ahh okay :smile: so are decisions to call people for interview based on any particular ranking? For the PS and reference?

Original post by Qasid Ahmed

Nice one!! Good luck!! :smile:
Reply 1167

Wow. Six days notification? Get prepping! Haha. :biggrin:
Reply 1168
Anyone know when UEA will send out their criteria form or if anyone got thiers yet?

Omg people getting interviews from bm6...I havnt got an interview yet or heard if they received my criteria as I just sent it in the given envelope-didnt take it to the post office to do special delivery?
Original post by mashalli
Anyone know when UEA will send out their criteria form or if anyone got thiers yet?

Omg people getting interviews from bm6...I havnt got an interview yet or heard if they received my criteria as I just sent it in the given envelope-didnt take it to the post office to do special delivery?

Hey , don't worry about the eligibility form. I send mine in the freepost envelope too and they received it fine. They,ll contact you if they have not received. Plus interviews are till March which is ages awayyy. An interview in March is just as good as an interview now. Do your best in Jan if you got exams, without the actual grades next August your screwed. Good luck with your application =D

Well doneee :biggrin: , you must be over the moon :biggrin: . Good luck with your interview :smile:
Reply 1171
Thanks sumsum123!
Do they do a batch of interviews each week?
Thanks sumsum123!
Do they do a batch of interviews each week?

I don't know sorry. I hope we both get an interview :biggrin: & no probs
Reply 1173
Original post by arsi123
I am applying for Medicine, however, after reading this, I feel so scared now. And especially, once you read the comments, EVERYBODY agrees with it.

Once you read it and the comments of current students, you'll be so so worried and doubting your decision to do Medicine. :s-smilie:

http://www.medschoolhell.com/2007/04/24/101-things-you-wish-you-knew-before-starting-medical-school/

Whilst reading that I went through a range of emotions from smiling like a psychotic mass murderer to "oh ****!".
Original post by besakt
whilst reading that i went through a range of emotions from smiling like a psychotic mass murderer to "oh ****!".

hahahahaha 36!
Reply 1175
people with interviews, what times have you been allocated?
Reply 1176
Original post by taunt
people with interviews, what times have you been allocated?

I'm at 4:20, How about you? Good luck to everyone else with interviews tomorrow! :smile:
Reply 1177
Do they do one batch of interview per month?
Do they do one batch of interview per month?

a batch every week....however I don't think they'll do anymore this month as we break up this friday
Reply 1179
Original post by .eXe
edit: whoops wrong thread.

You could just delete your comment. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending