The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xero Xenith
Turns out that's actually pretty famous! I didn't know it but I like it, thanks for pointing it out :smile:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_that_22/7_exceeds_%CF%80

Oh cool, I didn't know it was famous either! :P And now I know that 355113\dfrac{355}{113} is a better approximation of π\pi... thanks! :L
Anybody had any offers from Loughborough,Birmingham or Derby?
Original post by cashmoneyorg
Anybody had any offers from Loughborough,Birmingham or Derby?

Judging from your spoiler aren't you applying for something other than Maths? I see the BMAT an UKCAT. :confused: And with 3 Ds at AS it's not likely of an offer from Birmingham tbh. :frown:
Original post by hamina93
Ahaa I see.
How about G125???

not sure sorry :frown:
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Judging from your spoiler aren't you applying for something other than Maths? I see the BMAT an UKCAT. :confused: And with 3 Ds at AS it's not likely of an offer from Birmingham tbh. :frown:

I now have abc after resitting some exams. I forgot how to edit spoilers
Original post by cashmoneyorg
I now have abc after resitting some exams. I forgot how to edit spoilers

Aha, oh right that's fair enough then. :smile: Click the TSR logo at the top, then near the top the tab saying settings and 'Edit Signature'. :smile:
Oxford-Trinity-Rejected
Warwick C
Bath C
Durham C
Bristol C

I guess I am done for the year.
Original post by actuarialmaestro:p

[QUOTE=actuarialmaestro[excludedFace]tongue[/excludedFace];35276693]Oxford-Trinity-Rejected
Warwick C
Bath C
Durham C
Bristol C

You already have an offer from Bristol?!
Original post by Edwin Okli
You already have an offer from Bristol?!

Er, international yo. Btw, Oxford reject (which is what counts mroe) :P
Reply 3829
Er, international yo. Btw, Oxford reject (which is what counts mroe) :P

did you apply for actuary science anywhere? if so why?

[QUOTE=actuarialmaestro[excludedFace]tongue[/excludedFace];35276813]Er, international yo. Btw, Oxford reject (which is what counts mroe) :P

Didn't know they give out offers to international applicants first. But life goes on without Oxbridge (that's the conclusion that I've reached following my interview). Of course I'd love to get an offer from Cambridge but it's really very unlikely.
Maybe you have to visit then you get an offer? :/ I haven't even been acknowledged by them. :frown: LOL.

Maybe but I think its more like another open day. I think the letter acted as an acknowledgement as that's all I've heard.... Don't give up! :biggrin:

Original post by Miller693
It took about a month for UCAS to update, maybe 3 weeks at best for me. :smile:

Ahh ok. Thank you :smile: I'll keep waiting......
Oxford-Trinity-Rejected
Warwick C
Bath C
Durham C
Bristol C

That's great!! Well done! :smile: what's your firm going to be? They're all great unis :biggrin:
Original post by BeccaCath94
Maybe but I think its more like another open day. I think the letter acted as an acknowledgement as that's all I've heard.... Don't give up! :biggrin:

That's good to know. And I only gave my UCAS off 2 weeks ago so that's most likely why. :smile: Is Lancaster your firm?
Oxford-Trinity-Rejected
Warwick C
Bath C
Durham C
Bristol C

Durham offer too? Seems like they're trickling in! Have you (or anyone else) heard of any other Durham offers, and whether or not they're internationals?

Congrats by the way :smile:

EDIT: some stalking has revealed Ultimate1992 who is also an international... any more people? :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Why would someone do a 4 year Maths degree?
EDIT: it was a genuine question.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Why would someone do a 4 year Maths degree?

because they want to do a phd in maths
That's good to know. And I only gave my UCAS off 2 weeks ago so that's most likely why. :smile: Is Lancaster your firm?

Ahh yeah you'll get one soon :smile:
Ermm i think it'll be my insurance purely because i have two almost joint favourites and the other has higher grades so it seems stupid putting that as the insurance!!
Oxford-Trinity-Rejected
Warwick C
Bath C
Durham C
Bristol C

Yay! Fellow Trinity reject! Congrats on all your other offers though. I'm still waiting to hear from Durham, I guess you're an international student?
Does anyone have the link to the 'Mathematics Offers 2011' page (if it exists) ?

Latest