The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by apple17

Original post by apple17
yeah, honestly, regret taking IB. If a-levels were offered in my country, would have loved to taken them cuz in IB, you have to be good at everything: language, arts, math and sciences. Nah, all my real exams are in may but got 13 mocks in January. What exams do u have in jan? :/
Yeah, no boxing day or christmas for me either. Better be worth it in the end. :rolleyes:

I feel sorry for you mann :sigh:

Hopefully it will be worth it for the both of us :crossedf:
Reply 9861
Original post by ViceVersa
I feel sorry for you mann :sigh:

Hopefully it will be worth it for the both of us :crossedf:

Thank you. When will u hear about offers from barts?
Fingers crossed for both of us. Going to be so mad if i spend all my winter break studying and bomb my mock again. :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by apple17
Yeah, no boxing day or christmas for me either. Better be worth it in the end. :rolleyes:

Original post by ViceVersa
I'm studying even on christmas eve :sigh:

Remeber to have a break and take some time for yourselves guys. You'll be no use when it comes to your Jan exams and find you've completely burned out because you didn't take a break. It is a holiday after all :biggrin: Although I do admire your commitment to do well, wish I was more like that last year :rolleyes:
Reply 9863
Original post by Quackers93
Remeber to have a break and take some time for yourselves guys. You'll be no use when it comes to your Jan exams and find you've completely burned out because you didn't take a break. It is a holiday after all :biggrin: Although I do admire your commitment to do well, wish I was more like that last year :rolleyes:

Aw thank you. Prob going to study a lot of bio, got 10 units and econ as those are being rescheduled earlier. Then, the rest i will study during interview week. Sure, you were pretty hard working too, u are a hopeful medic after all. :tongue:
Hows UCAS going btw?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by apple17
Aw thank you. Prob going to study a lot of bio, got 10 units and econ as those are being rescheduled earlier. Then, the rest i will study during interview week. Sure, you were pretty hard working too, u are a hopeful medic after all. :tongue:
Hows UCAS going btw?

I was one of those who got very very distracted so didn't do as much as I could've. But I found if I worked when I didn't feel like it, I just didn't take anything in. But if I felt like doing a particular subject, and did it, I did it really well and I did really try. It worked well for me cause I liked my sleep haha. My brother was gutted when he realised that that method doesn't work for him cause he never feels like doing work :tongue:

Nothing new really, still to hear from Glasgow and Cardiff yet. When did you get your 4th interview?! :eek: Well done! At least they'll all be over and done with in one go and it means you have more time to focus on your studies and stuff :smile:
Reply 9865
Got my first interview this week. Starting to freak out already.. I'll be a nervous wreck on the day. :frown:
Reply 9866
I was one of those who got very very distracted so didn't do as much as I could've. But I found if I worked when I didn't feel like it, I just didn't take anything in. But if I felt like doing a particular subject, and did it, I did it really well and I did really try. It worked well for me cause I liked my sleep haha. My brother was gutted when he realised that that method doesn't work for him cause he never feels like doing work :tongue:

Nothing new really, still to hear from Glasgow and Cardiff yet. When did you get your 4th interview?! :eek: Well done! At least they'll all be over and done with in one go and it means you have more time to focus on your studies and stuff :smile:

Oh, i am one of those too, but when i know i have mocks/exams: tend to be a bit less distracted. :tongue: Aww, poor him: i he doing a-levels too. but that method does sound amazing. :rolleyes:
Don't worry, sure u will get an interview; way over the cutoff for glasgow. Like 2 weeks ago, i was pretty shocked .That is the only benefit, after January, I can focus on my IB may exams.
Original post by Angury
Got my first interview this week. Starting to freak out already.. I'll be a nervous wreck on the day. :frown:

Same, mine's on Tuesday for Barts. How's the prep going?
Reply 9868
Original post by Normandy114
Same, mine's on Tuesday for Barts. How's the prep going?

Good luck! Mines a MMI so I'm not sure how I'm meant to be preparing. I've just been looking at some ethical issues and researching what sort of scenarios their going to put me in.
Original post by Angury
Good luck! Mines a MMI so I'm not sure how I'm meant to be preparing. I've just been looking at some ethical issues and researching what sort of scenarios their going to put me in.

Oh right, where is this?

AFAIK mine is just a regular interview, so I'm doing the regular things of researching the course in depth, the NHS, all those sorts of things.
Reply 9870
Oh right, where is this?

AFAIK mine is just a regular interview, so I'm doing the regular things of researching the course in depth, the NHS, all those sorts of things.

It's at Queens Belfast, but it's not until Friday so I've got a whole week to worry! :tongue: At least you get yours over and done with by Tuesday. Sounds like you've been doing some good preparation though, I'm sure you'll be great on the day.
Original post by apple17
Oh, i am one of those too, but when i know i have mocks/exams: tend to be a bit less distracted. :tongue: Aww, poor him: i he doing a-levels too. but that method does sound amazing. :rolleyes:
Don't worry, sure u will get an interview; way over the cutoff for glasgow. Like 2 weeks ago, i was pretty shocked .That is the only benefit, after January, I can focus on my IB may exams.

I'm terrible, even on the day of an exam say if it's an afternoon exam I'll end up doing about half an hour total revision before hand because I can't concentrate... and then die inside when a topic I decided to skip turns out to be the first question and worth a good 20 marks :l It's good if you actually get round to doing it, and not a lazy person who keeps putting it off... aka. my brother :tongue: Yeah, he's doing them now, just a year younger than me :tongue: I shall wish you good luck for all your interviews now, especially Glasgow cause it's awesome :wink: And I'll re-wish you it nearer the time haha :biggrin:
Reply 9872
I'm terrible, even on the day of an exam say if it's an afternoon exam I'll end up doing about half an hour total revision before hand because I can't concentrate... and then die inside when a topic I decided to skip turns out to be the first question and worth a good 20 marks :l It's good if you actually get round to doing it, and not a lazy person who keeps putting it off... aka. my brother :tongue: Yeah, he's doing them now, just a year younger than me :tongue: I shall wish you good luck for all your interviews now, especially Glasgow cause it's awesome :wink: And I'll re-wish you it nearer the time haha :biggrin:

Aw, damn. Nah, i am not that bad. I am def way more hard-working than that. :cool: It might never work out for some people like me and a frd, we are hug worrywarts but if ur chilled and can handle stress, definitely the way to go.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! You too, hope you get ur St.A's offer, even thought Glasgow is def better. :tongue:
Reply 9873
I'm the laziest sod you'll ever get :sigh: I wish I was motivated to work.
Reply 9874
Guyz just chill for the interview - try and actually enjoy it - everything is so much more natural if you do :smile: good luck though
5 days until kings :afraid:
Reply 9876
Original post by laurie:)

:woo: Good luck!
Original post by laurie:)

3 days until barts :afraid:
Reply 9878
3 days until barts :afraid:

Good luck to you too! :tongue: