The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by estel
OnLive is now available for Android (and iOS)

And even more than with the desktop version, it blows me away at how incredible this tech is. Really. Freaking. Unbelievable.

Really cool, but I tried playing Dirt 3 with it on my galaxy S2 and there was so much input lag that the car just went everywhere. The picture was great through.
Original post by G8D
I tried it on my HD2.

No major input lag but the car would only drive in reverse...

Hmm weird :frown: And I'm on a 15mb/s connections too :frown:
Original post by + polarity -
Do any of you ever find yourself being forced to reboot, because your phone gets really sluggish?

Yeah, I downloaded App Cache Clear. I haven't rebooted my for months now.
I tried Lego Batman and it was fine. I'd expect their servers to be busy what with all the Android early adopeters. Give it a day or so...

Edit: On keyboards, I honestly prefer HTC_IME to all of them...
Original post by TheCasual
Yeah, I downloaded App Cache Clear. I haven't rebooted my for months now.

Is that the reason why the phone slows down after a while? The cache gets too big?

Original post by mikeyd85
Edit: On keyboards, I honestly prefer HTC_IME to all of them...

I can't remember what HTC_IME is like, and I haven't had any problems with the stock keyboard (it looks lovely in blue :redface:), but I wish I could change the row gap/key height, because it takes up half my screen :colonhash:
Is that the reason why the phone slows down after a while? The cache gets too big?

I can't remember what HTC_IME is like, and I haven't had any problems with the stock keyboard (it looks lovely in blue :redface:), but I wish I could change the row gap/key height, because it takes up half my screen :colonhash:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think so. I've had had alot less crashes and slowness since i've been using it.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.moo.android.inputmethod.latin.free&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5tb28uYW5kcm9pZC5pbnB1dG1ldGhvZC5sYXRpbi5mcmVlIl0.

That any good to you?

I already have this tab open, actually :P

I've found where my custom dictionary is stored, so I should be able to copy that easily. I'll try it out. :ta:
Original post by G8D
Does anyone else prefer the GB keyboard over ICS? :creep:

I've used SwiftKey since it was in beta many moons ago and I doubt I could go back

Original post by G8D
I tried it on my HD2.

No major input lag but the car would only drive in reverse...

That would be a cool race :tongue:
Reply 6509
Original post by hassi94
Really cool, but I tried playing Dirt 3 with it on my galaxy S2 and there was so much input lag that the car just went everywhere. The picture was great through.

Just tried Dirt 3 again (first time wouldn't load) and it played perfectly. Didn't even come last! I'm on sgs2 stock rom
Surprised nobody posted it yet. The SGS2 for effectively £20/month 900 mins 5000 texts 1gb internet (or £3 extra for truly unlimited) or 500 mins for £17, 24 months on 3 network.
I think it's an awesome deal and close to SIM only deals, kinda like getting the phone free.

I'm not sure whether Affordable Mobiles have the stock to cope, but head over to HUKD for th link.
Reply 6511
Phone has decided to stop reading my memory card, saying theres no memory card when there is. Any suggestions?
Hi,
So i've got a stylus for my samsung galaxy s2. Could any1 recommend me an app that allows me to take notes please (like a digital notepad so i can write notes and sync with an online account).

Thanks.
Original post by silent ninja

Surprised nobody posted it yet. The SGS2 for effectively £20/month 900 mins 5000 texts 1gb internet (or £3 extra for truly unlimited) or 500 mins for £17, 24 months on 3 network.
I think it's an awesome deal and close to SIM only deals, kinda like getting the phone free.

I'm not sure whether Affordable Mobiles have the stock to cope, but head over to HUKD for th link.

Only downside is its 3 and I wouldn't touch 3 with a barge pole
Original post by wizard710
Only downside is its 3 and I wouldn't touch 3 with a barge pole

Been with them 18 months. No problems here :smile:
Original post by G8D
Orange San Fran is really getting on my tits atm.

I put CM7 on it for my dad but it has this really annoying bug that basically renders it useless if you receive a phone call (screen goes black, unresponsive to buttons).

I'm trying the latest nightly on a clean install but idk. I hope that CM9 works better on it.

Anyone with this phone recommend me a decent 2.2 build (maybe one that looks nice) to put on his phone?

Was it on 7.1.0?
My SGS2 is due for delivery today. I think I got one of the best deals around. I hope I can used to the screen size. Anyone recommend a decent slim case? I'm liking the Samsung mesh case but I can't tell if it covers the corners.

My SGS2 is due for delivery today. I think I got one of the best deals around. I hope I can used to the screen size. Anyone recommend a decent slim case? I'm liking the Samsung mesh case but I can't tell if it covers the corners.

II picked up a silicon casemate one from carphone warehouse for a tenner but I think I'm going to change it soon cos it's a bugger to get in and out of my pockets. My friends have got a £25 casemate which is more solid and not as grippy which I think I'll buy with Christmas money :smile:
Original post by wizard710
II picked up a silicon casemate one from carphone warehouse for a tenner but I think I'm going to change it soon cos it's a bugger to get in and out of my pockets. My friends have got a £25 casemate which is more solid and not as grippy which I think I'll buy with Christmas money :smile:

£25 casemate is probably the casemate tough? That case is bulky. I want to retain as much of the SGS2 slim and sleek look as possible.
There are a few SGP ones I like but they all have issues and SGP quality is hardly worth writing home about.

Do you get any echo with a solid case (ie the person you are calling hears an echo)? This is another issue where some people are saying a case interferes with second mic.

what deal did you get?

Latest