Don't panic? And prepare for the basic questions: NHS, Work experience, etc

There really aren't that many possible tips
Original post by Normandy114
3 days until barts :afraid:

Same! I don't feel like I've done enoughhh :erm:

Original post by laurie:)
any interview tips?

i almost broke down the other day prepping for it :frown:

I've had my King's interview, seriously don't stress yourself out! It's honestly not a horrible interview, for now just do some light prep, read over your notes/ps etc casually and relax!

Good luckkk :smile:
Original post by oHellno
Same! I don't feel like I've done enoughhh :erm:

Oh do you have one on Tuesday too? Same, I keep doing tiny little bits but get distracted a lot. :rolleyes:
The good thing is the interviews are apparently quite friendly, and from what I can tell they give out quite a few offers compared to interviews. So just have to try and stay optimistic!
Oh do you have one on Tuesday too? Same, I keep doing tiny little bits but get distracted a lot. :rolleyes:
The good thing is the interviews are apparently quite friendly, and from what I can tell they give out quite a few offers compared to interviews. So just have to try and stay optimistic!

Yep! I've had such a crazy week, I mean I've gone through the article and formed an opinon, but don't know how much detail to go in lol.

Haha yeah, I'm basically just hoping for nice interviewers tbh.
Original post by oHellno
Yep! I've had such a crazy week, I mean I've gone through the article and formed an opinon, but don't know how much detail to go in lol.

Haha yeah, I'm basically just hoping for nice interviewers tbh.

Ah I've gone through the article and made a list of pros/cons, but still not sure as to what my decision on it is yet.

What time is yours? 1.30pm here.
Original post by apple17
Thank you. When will u hear about offers from barts?
Fingers crossed for both of us. Going to be so mad if i spend all my winter break studying and bomb my mock again. :rolleyes:

Feb :sigh:

Hard work pays off

Original post by Quackers93
Remeber to have a break and take some time for yourselves guys. You'll be no use when it comes to your Jan exams and find you've completely burned out because you didn't take a break. It is a holiday after all :biggrin: Although I do admire your commitment to do well, wish I was more like that last year :rolleyes:

That's what I've been doing since like September - taking breaks :ashamed2:

Original post by Angury
Got my first interview this week. Starting to freak out already.. I'll be a nervous wreck on the day. :frown:

Well done, knew it'll work out for you :redface:

Don't get those hopes up too much :sigh:
Reply 9887
Original post by ViceVersa
Feb :sigh:

Hard work pays off

Well done, knew it'll work out for you :redface:

Good luck, sure u did well. :biggrin:
Cliched but c'est vrai. :smile:
well, congratulations laurie, yet another wasted day :frown: why cant i seem to knuckle down and work anymore!?!?!
Don't get those hopes up too much :sigh:

I bet it went better than you think :tongue:

As long as you do work, breaks are good things :smile: That's what I did for two years and managed to get the grades :tongue: I've read that taking a nap helps you retain information better. I can't find the original source, but it said something along the lines of: the recent information short term memory place in your brain fills up rather quickly and by taking a nap say 30mins or so that helps shift it to the long term memory bit and "empties" the recent info bit so you have more "space" for new information. (It was described in as simply as that, although they explained it a lot better than I did)

So basically taking a nap helps you revise! It's what got me through second year haha :biggrin:
Reply 9891
well, congratulations laurie, yet another wasted day :frown: why cant i seem to knuckle down and work anymore!?!?!

Think you are being too harsh on yourself.:tongue:
I get distracted tons so i set a goal of completing one task then going on tsr/hotmail for maybe 5 minutes then getting back to work. Helps me get through everything and its not like i am continuously studying either. :smile:
Reply 9892

Well, my interviewers were unfriendly and sarcastic. I came out totally battered. Be prepared...

Read what I said to quackers a few posts up,mahout not working since sep :sigh: we actually talked about this earlier :frown:

I understand :console:
Original post by apple17
Good luck, sure u did well. :biggrin:
Cliched but c'est vrai. :smile:

Let's hope so, thanks :smile:

I bet it went better than you think :tongue:

Who knows eh? :dontknow:
As long as you do work, breaks are good things :smile: That's what I did for two years and managed to get the grades :tongue: I've read that taking a nap helps you retain information better. I can't find the original source, but it said something along the lines of: the recent information short term memory place in your brain fills up rather quickly and by taking a nap say 30mins or so that helps shift it to the long term memory bit and "empties" the recent info bit so you have more "space" for new information. (It was described in as simply as that, although they explained it a lot better than I did)

So basically taking a nap helps you revise! It's what got me through second year haha :biggrin:

I basically napped and worked all the way through last year, but this year I literally mean I haven't been working, I've just been taking constant breaks :cry2:
-

Original post by kim93
Well, my interviewers were unfriendly and sarcastic. I came out totally battered. Be prepared...

This.
Reply 9895
100 more posts to go to hit 10,000!!! :woo:
Reply 9896
Original post by Vulpes

Original post by Vulpes
100 more posts to go to hit 10,000!!! :woo:

Seriously?!? Heh, 99 now. :smile:
I basically napped and worked all the way through last year, but this year I literally mean I haven't been working, I've just been taking constant breaks :cry2:

Haha you are totally me a year ago :') Why don't you have a complete day off doing nothing related to school or uni or work or anything to de-stress (I imagine you're maybe getting a bit stressed from the fact that feel you aren't doing work?) You'll probably feel a lot better and more refreshed and will be more likely to do work effectively. Also you could try rewarding yourself perhaps? If I revise X, Y and Z effectively and remember them in 2 hrs then I can have (insert something you really like here). I found it worked well with me when my "treat" was checking my emails in the hope that a uni had emailed me haha
Reply 9898
Haha you are totally me a year ago :') Why don't you have a complete day off doing nothing related to school or uni or work or anything to de-stress (I imagine you're maybe getting a bit stressed from the fact that feel you aren't doing work?) You'll probably feel a lot better and more refreshed and will be more likely to do work effectively. Also you could try rewarding yourself perhaps? If I revise X, Y and Z effectively and remember them in 2 hrs then I can have (insert something you really like here). I found it worked well with me when my "treat" was checking my emails in the hope that a uni had emailed me haha

That is what i use. My treat is TSR. :smile:
Original post by apple17
That is what i use. My treat is TSR. :smile:

Mine used to be tsr for a while but I had to set a ban on it for myself :frown: I'd always break my time limits reading threads by idiots that just annoyed me haha

Latest