The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Illmatic-
What you're thinking

Okay...:K:
Hey guys! Back from Oxford... Those 4 days were just amazing, I already miss Oxford :frown: Interviews weren't horrible but not that great either... They didn't ask me a single thing on the eurozone crisis or other economics related topics I prepared for. It was just Game theory in my economics interview and for management it was a text from the guardian which I had to analyse and comment on... I didn't get a third interview though, that is, I was only interviewed by the college I applied to (Merton). Don't know whether that's a good thing or not...

Oh and by the way: Got a Warwick L100 offer yesterday :biggrin:
Reply 6022
Original post by nightmare91
Hey guys! Back from Oxford... Those 4 days were just amazing, I already miss Oxford :frown: Interviews weren't horrible but not that great either... They didn't ask me a single thing on the eurozone crisis or other economics related topics I prepared for. It was just Game theory in my economics interview and for management it was a text from the guardian which I had to analyse and comment on... I didn't get a third interview though, that is, I was only interviewed by the college I applied to (Merton). Don't know whether that's a good thing or not...

Glad your interview went well and well done on the offer! :biggrin:
Original post by Tateco
Glad your interview went well and well done on the offer! :biggrin:

Thankyou! What about you? How did your interviews go? :smile:

That's a pretty sweet offer to fall back on :cool:

Well done on the offer! Don't worry about only one college interviewing you, my sister only had one at Magdalen (law) and was given an offer and told she performed second best at interview, so hopefully this is a good sign! Your interview sounds quite interesting especially about the management, hopefully I get one next year too :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6026
Thankyou! What about you? How did your interviews go? :smile:

OK I think, hard to tell! Just wish some of my other universities would get a move on! :frown:
Original post by Tateco
OK I think, hard to tell! Just wish some of my other universities would get a move on! :frown:

Your interview is over as well :biggrin:

I wouldn't be too worried if I were you - most people, myself included tend to be pessimistic when nervous. You probably did quite well ^_^

Has anyone applied to the same uni more than once and recieved offers for all those courses? I've got a friend with four offers from somewhere, but I'm not sure if that's just that specific university who give out multiple offers...
Anybody taking the OCR: Work & Leisure exam in January?

Have you started revising? Would you like to discuss ideas through PMs closer to the date?

:u:
Reply 6029
Original post by 94george94
Anybody taking the OCR: Work & Leisure exam in January?

Have you started revising? Would you like to discuss ideas through PMs closer to the date?

:u:

what do you study in Work and Leisure?
Original post by Nadine10
what do you study in Work and Leisure?

Wage Rates
Poverty & Inequality
Market Structures
Leisure Markets
Trade Unions etc.

Just a few of the topics that come to mind, it's an awful module in my opinion.
Reply 6031
Original post by 94george94
Wage Rates
Poverty & Inequality
Market Structures
Leisure Markets
Trade Unions etc.

Just a few of the topics that come to mind, it's an awful module in my opinion.

What do you study under Leisure Markets?
Original post by Tateco

Yea hopefully you'll get offers soon! When will Cambride send out the offers/rejections?
Reply 6033
Original post by zxh800
What do you study under Leisure Markets?

I'm doing ocr work and leisure in jan. I have started revision, because I really want that A* :tongue:.

We study:
Holiday & Air Travel
Cinema Admissions
Spectator Sports
Television Broadcasting.

I think it's quite simple, apart from the fact you have to remember the features of the individual markets :mad:
Reply 6034

I've just got back from Oxford as well, Christ Church, and have a Warwick L100 offer. I was just wondering what you plan to do if you don't get the Oxford offer, assuming that grades are good, would you reapply to Oxford/ apply to Cambridge next year, or just go with Warwick? I was so pleased when I got the Warwick offer, but having spent 4 days in Oxford, don't really want to study anywhere else.
Original post by Quark123
I've just got back from Oxford as well, Christ Church, and have a Warwick L100 offer. I was just wondering what you plan to do if you don't get the Oxford offer, assuming that grades are good, would you reapply to Oxford/ apply to Cambridge next year, or just go with Warwick? I was so pleased when I got the Warwick offer, but having spent 4 days in Oxford, don't really want to study anywhere else.

I totally understand you. Oxford is so amazing, I really want to study there. I mean before I stayed there for 5 days, I of course wanted to get accepted by Oxford but I am sure it wouldn't have crushed me if they had rejected me pre-interview... Those 4 days though made it clear that this is the perfect place to study. But I don't think I would reapply. It was such a mind-exhausting time and as a German I had to spend a lot of money as well... Now we have to wait until Christmas... How did your interviews go? What was the economics interview like?
Original post by Quark123

Warwick econ is pretty slick, 4th according to the complete uni guide, and will put you in good stead, not sure if it would be worth reapplying... What are you thinking of doing in the future out of interest?
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Warwick econ is pretty slick, 4th according to the complete uni guide, and will put you in good stead, not sure if it would be worth reapplying... What are you thinking of doing in the future out of interest?

Do you like Task Force out of interest?
Reply 6038
It seems that UCL is waiting for the 15/1/12 deadline to give out offers and rejections
Reply 6039
Original post by Francium
It seems that UCL is waiting for the 15/1/12 deadline to give out offers and rejections

Is that fact or simply speculation?

Latest

Trending

Trending