The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just finished reading Mirai Nikki, but I think I'll wait for the anime to finish before I start watching it. Is it only me who loves Aru Akise and finds Yukiteru annoying? -_-

Does anyone watch Oofuri/ Big Windup? It's an interesting anime (if you like baseball), but it's not that popular outside Japan. D:
Original post by Blue_Clover
I just finished reading Mirai Nikki, but I think I'll wait for the anime to finish before I start watching it. Is it only me who loves Aru Akise and finds Yukiteru annoying? -_-

Does anyone watch Oofuri/ Big Windup? It's an interesting anime (if you like baseball), but it's not that popular outside Japan. D:

I've only just encountered Aru (since I've not read the manga, and he was only introduced a couple of eps ago in the anime), but he seems to be an interesting character so far. I don't dislike Yuki as much as a lot of people seem to, though - I've seen whinier characters, and at least he mans up when the situation calls for it. He seems to care a lot about his friends, too, which is a plus. :yes:

I've not seen Oofuri, but I've seen a few people mentioning it here or in various other threads over the years, so there must have a few fans around. :smile:

I also read it and yes Akise is one of my favourite characters (along with Uryuu Miene) in the series and yes I do find Yukiteru annoying. He relies too much on Yuno and even when...

SPOILER ALERT! (for those who haven't read the manga)

Spoiler

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I've only just encountered Aru (since I've not read the manga, and he was only introduced a couple of eps ago in the anime), but he seems to be an interesting character so far. I don't dislike Yuki as much as a lot of people seem to, though - I've seen whinier characters, and at least he mans up when the situation calls for it. He seems to care a lot about his friends, too, which is a plus. :yes:

I've not seen Oofuri, but I've seen a few people mentioning it here or in various other threads over the years, so there must have a few fans around. :smile:

Yukiteru is humorous at times, I just wish he was less of a coward. He's annoying to me but I don't hate him; I just wish he was a braver protagonist. Aru Akise is a really interesting character, but I won't say anymore since I don't want to spoil the story for you. >__< Have you read the spin-offs to Mirai Nikki called Mirai Nikki Paradox and Mirai Nikki Mosaic? They're interesting, but it's better to read the manga first since they're all connected(?) in a way. (Sorry, I can't think of a better way to say it! -__-)

And about Oofuri, that's great! :biggrin: I always tend to watch unpopular animes rather than the most popular ones.
Original post by The Cornerstone
I also read it and yes Akise is one of my favourite characters (along with Uryuu Miene) in the series and yes I do find Yukiteru annoying. He relies too much on Yuno and even when...

SPOILER ALERT! (for those who haven't read the manga)

Spoiler

I agree! Minene is also one of my favourites, I love her tsundere character when it comes to romance. ^__^ I assume you've read the spin-offs that feature Akise and Minene as the protagonists? :smile:
I agree! Minene is also one of my favourites, I love her tsundere character when it comes to romance. ^__^ I assume you've read the spin-offs that feature Akise and Minene as the protagonists? :smile:

The have spin offs?:eek:

The link. Gimme Gimme :dance:
*edited out*
(edited 12 years ago)
Yukiteru is humorous at times, I just wish he was less of a coward. He's annoying to me but I don't hate him; I just wish he was a braver protagonist. Aru Akise is a really interesting character, but I won't say anymore since I don't want to spoil the story for you. >__< Have you read the spin-offs to Mirai Nikki called Mirai Nikki Paradox and Mirai Nikki Mosaic? They're interesting, but it's better to read the manga first since they're all connected(?) in a way. (Sorry, I can't think of a better way to say it! -__-)

And about Oofuri, that's great! :biggrin: I always tend to watch unpopular animes rather than the most popular ones.

I've not read the spin-offs, but I was aware of them. :nah: I had planned to start following Tokyopop's release of the original manga, but I'm glad I didn't what with them going bust. :p: I'll probably just go for scanlations of the main series and spin-offs, but not until the anime ends, since I'm following it on my blog episode by episode, and plot spoilers could have an effect on what I write. :yes:

I'm the same with regards to less popular/obscure series, in fact I actively seek them out these days. :p:

^ That one features Akise as the protagonist.

^ and that one features Minene as the protagonist.

Enjoy! :biggrin:

And there goes my planned revision of today. Cheers :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
*links*

Sorry, you aren't allowed to link to manga scanlations or anime fansubs, it's against TSR rules. Any chance of you editing that out? :o:

And there goes my planned revision of today. Cheers :biggrin:

Could you also edit the links out of your quote? Shouldn't matter now that you know where to get them. :p:
(edited 12 years ago)
I've not read the spin-offs, but I was aware of them. :nah: I had planned to start following Tokyopop's release of the original manga, but I'm glad I didn't what with them going bust. :p: I'll probably just go for scanlations of the main series and spin-offs, but not until the anime ends, since I'm following it on my blog episode by episode, and plot spoilers could have an effect on what I write. :yes:

I'm the same with regards to less popular/obscure series, in fact I actively seek them out these days. :p:

In that case, may I recommend some for you? :smile:

~ Red Garden (genre: horror, drama)
~ Jyu-Oh-Sei (genre: supernatural)
~ Paradise Kiss (genre: romance, drama)
~ Eyeshield 21 (genre: sports, comedy)

I tried to cover most genres. :biggrin:
Sorry, you aren't allowed to link to manga scanlations or anime fansubs, it's against TSR rules. Any chance of you editing that out? :o:

Could you also edit the links out of your quote? Shouldn't matter now that you know where to get them. :p:

Sure, sorry about that!

done, sorry about that :tongue:
Reply 2373
I didnt mind yukiteru that much.. he's basicly an ordinary kid in such a messed up situation.. how would anyone react. But lately... his wanting to make friends, his ignoring yuno.. and the decisions he makes are not exactly smart.. so now he's beginning to irritate me.:frown:

:hmmm:such an anime/manga hipster jellyfish:no:
Sure, sorry about that!

No problem, and thanks. :smile:

In that case, may I recommend some for you? :smile:

~ Red Garden (genre: horror, drama)
~ Jyu-Oh-Sei (genre: supernatural)
~ Paradise Kiss (genre: romance, drama)
~ Eyeshield 21 (genre: sports, comedy)

I tried to cover most genres. :biggrin:

I've seen Red Garden and Paradise Kiss, both were great. :biggrin: Jyu-Oh-Sei is something I should probably get around to someday, since it's short and I usually like noitaminA slot series. As for Eyeshield 21, that's something I've been constantly recommended by Pippin4242, but I haven't really looked into it much due to it's relatively long length. I've got a lot of 100+ episode series waiting to be watched already, but once I've gotten through some of those I'll give Eyeshield some consideration. :smile:

All in all, some pretty good recommendations there, so thanks again. :biggrin:
done, sorry about that :tongue:

No problem, hope you enjoy the manga. :p:

Original post by vin
:hmmm:such an anime/manga hipster jellyfish:no:

I may as well be a hipster when it comes to anime, as nobody'd call me one in any other sense of the word. :giggle:
No problem, and thanks. :smile:

I've seen Red Garden and Paradise Kiss, both were great. :biggrin: Jyu-Oh-Sei is something I should probably get around to someday, since it's short and I usually like noitaminA slot series. As for Eyeshield 21, that's something I've been constantly recommended by Pippin4242, but I haven't really looked into it much due to it's relatively long length. I've got a lot of 100+ episode series waiting to be watched already, but once I've gotten through some of those I'll give Eyeshield some consideration. :smile:

All in all, some pretty good recommendations there, so thanks again. :biggrin:

You're welcome! :smile: True, Eyeshield 21 is really long, to be honest, I skipped most of the rugby match parts since I watched it mainly for slapstick comedy :biggrin: (And I prefer baseball =w= ).

Does anyone watch Jigoku Shoujo/ Hell Girl? I watched season 1 and a bit of season 2, but I stopped watching ever since. (I watched it on Animax until it got cancelled).
You're welcome! :smile: True, Eyeshield 21 is really long, to be honest, I skipped most of the rugby match parts since I watched it mainly for slapstick comedy :biggrin: (And I prefer baseball =w= ).

Does anyone watch Jigoku Shoujo/ Hell Girl? I watched season 1 and a bit of season 2, but I stopped watching ever since. (I watched it on Animax until it got cancelled).

I didn't really encounter baseball until I became an anime fan, with the UK preferring cricket and rounders and all, so I avoided anime about baseball (and sport in general) for years. Cross Game was the first baseball series I watched, and from there I went on to One Outs, which was very different. :giggle: I've not watched any since, but currently have Princess Nine on my list of things to watch later. :smile:

I've watched all three seasons of Jigoku Shoujou. :yes: It got a bit repetitive, but the premise and characters were good, and it's certainly better than a lot of the shows Studio Deen produce. :p: If they made a 4th season (which I wouldn't put passed them if the 3rd sold well), I'd watch it again.

I watched both seasons (although they are the same I think :s-smilie:) and I watched half of the third season, which reminds me I should get back to watching it again. The first seasons were great but I somehow get bored of the last one
I watched both seasons (although they are the same I think :s-smilie:) and I watched half of the third season, which reminds me I should get back to watching it again. The first seasons were great but I somehow get bored of the last one

I thought the third season had a nice twist on the formula of the first couple, having a human main character set up to succeed Ai, but at the end of the day it's still the same episodic 'one minor character sends another minor character to hell, gets cursed themselves' again and again.

Latest