The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish
I thought the third season had a nice twist on the formula of the first couple, having a human main character set up to succeed Ai, but at the end of the day it's still the same episodic 'one minor character sends another minor character to hell, gets cursed themselves' again and again.

I think I got bored because it dragged on a bit too much, the first seasons were great but then after it wasn't really original anymore (despite the twist)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2381
in fate zero rider says the holy grail isnt a drinking cup ... but i thought it was originally just that:hmmmm: in indiana jones it was a cup :yes:

I also noticed that drop in quality.:beard: Whilst not awful it was certainly below the seres usual standard. Archer is such a proud bastard as always.:giggle: Rider is frigging awesome though.:awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
any here read manga? :biggrin: im a huge anime fan but im kind of into manga more now a days...i just find reading it better o.O
Reply 2383
Original post by vin
in fate zero rider says the holy grail isnt a drinking cup ... but i thought it was originally just that:hmmmm: in indiana jones it was a cup :yes:

When it first appeared (well, in anything that survives) it was like, a serving dish. And IIRC it's described as 'a grail' not 'the Grail'. Its first appearance is in Chrétien de Troyes's Perceval at some point. There're lots of guesses as to where he got the idea, none of which are proveable.

This is probably not relevant to why it's not a cup in Fate/zero, though.
Original post by Abdullah0
any here read manga? :biggrin: im a huge anime fan but im kind of into manga more now a days...i just find reading it better o.O

I read because I get impatient with anime releases and just want to know what happens next :tongue:
Really enjoyed princess mononoke tonight.

They cut a bit of blood which i thought was silly when it was subbed meaning those young enough to be bothered by animated blood wouldnt be able to read quick enough to follow it anyway.

The info on virgin media said it starred gillian anderson so i was supprised by the subs.
I'm downloading a bunch of doujinshi and watching Lucky Star at the moment, does anyone here watch it? I just love how Hiyori is like a mirror image of me. ^__^
Original post by The Cornerstone
I read because I get impatient with anime releases and just want to know what happens next :tongue:

haha excatly thats what i do ^.^ but after some time i started liking manga more as it had soo many good stories that should of became anime but didnt T-T....e.g Psyren.
Original post by Akuma
Really enjoyed princess mononoke tonight.

They cut a bit of blood which i thought was silly when it was subbed meaning those young enough to be bothered by animated blood wouldnt be able to read quick enough to follow it anyway.

The info on virgin media said it starred gillian anderson so i was supprised by the subs.

Aw, I forgot to watch it! ): The Studio Ghibli film I'm looking most forward to watching on Film4 is Whisper of the Heart, but still... *grumble*
Original post by Abdullah0

I do! Except action-genred mangas though, if there's an anime adaptation of it, I'd tend to watch the anime. It's mostly romance, horror or comedy-style mangas that I read. :biggrin:
Original post by Blue_Clover
Aw, I forgot to watch it! ): The Studio Ghibli film I'm looking most forward to watching on Film4 is Whisper of the Heart, but still... *grumble*

Im looking forward to getting my sister to watch kiki.

Shes always liked withcrafty stuff and loves disney so itll be a good introduction to ghibli.
Original post by Akuma
Im looking forward to getting my sister to watch kiki.

Shes always liked withcrafty stuff and loves disney so itll be a good introduction to ghibli.

That sounds great since Studio Ghibli films always send a friendly message to people, both adults and children. :biggrin: I haven't watched Kiki's Delivery Service yet either, the only Studio Ghibli films I've watched are Spirited Away, My Neighbour Totoro and The Cat Returns. ^__^
Mirrai Nikki

Spoiler

Teddie going super saiyan in persona was epic :awesome:

:afraid:

:p:
(edited 12 years ago)
ive watched the first few eps of Zero no Tsukaima, its pretty good :yep: poor guy :mmm: :whip: its so much like in HP :h: have been wanting to watch this show for ages, but been put off it for a while cos someone said Loiuse was incredibally annoying but she seems alright so far...:p:

the"staff of destruction" :awesome: cute ball ending to that ep :h:
(edited 12 years ago)
I've recently started watching xxxHOLiC again. Ah, I love CLAMP. ^__^

About Mirai Nikki... Can someone please explain the ending to me? I understand a bit of it but it's still confusing. -___-;

About Mirai Nikki... Can someone please explain the ending to me? I understand a bit of it but it's still confusing. -___-;

The ending? When the fourth framed Yukki and Yuno?
Original post by The Cornerstone
The ending? When the fourth framed Yukki and Yuno?

Yeah, I kind of got confused during that part and after, like, the whole parallel universe thing. (Ah, damn it, how do I make one of those 'hidden spoilers' things..? o___o)
Yeah, I kind of got confused during that part and after, like, the whole parallel universe thing. (Ah, damn it, how do I make one of those 'hidden spoilers' things..? o___o)

[noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse] :smile:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
[noparse]

Spoiler

[/noparse] :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:

Latest