The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Don_123
I've always been told to submit CVs as PDF as apparently it doesn't screw with the formatting, may want to try that in the future :smile:

Pretty sure that MS didn't allow PDF uploads - only .doc.
Did anyone hear back from CS yet ? I heard that they just randomly ring you up for a phone interview. MS on the other hand called in advance and made an appointment for it.
I am a bit worried as they may not be able to reach me under the phone number I gave them, as I am back in my home country and my phone isn't working properly. Should I give them a call or write them an email telling them about it and provide them with a new number that would work ?
Original post by The_Don_123
I've always been told to submit CVs as PDF as apparently it doesn't screw with the formatting, may want to try that in the future :smile:

My thoughts exactly, I always prefer PDF but MS didn't list it as one of their accepted formats unfortunately.
Anyway I'm sure mine isn't the first CV to be messed up by their system I'm sure they're aware of the problem.
Original post by Turbokapitalist
Did anyone hear back from CS yet ? I heard that they just randomly ring you up for a phone interview. MS on the other hand called in advance and made an appointment for it.
I am a bit worried as they may not be able to reach me under the phone number I gave them, as I am back in my home country and my phone isn't working properly. Should I give them a call or write them an email telling them about it and provide them with a new number that would work ?

Can't you just update your personal details when you log in to your account? I'm pretty sure they allow you to change addresses and phone numbers. Update it with a number that works.
Original post by Turbokapitalist

When did you complete the CS Tests? Do they let you know if you passed?
Reply 725
Does anyone know how JPM use their numerical test to screen out candidates i.e. do they benchmark or is there a minimum level?

Thanks
Reply 726
Got freaking screened out from the HSBC first year internship, how the ****...
Original post by mcp2

The spring insight programme or the first year retail internship?
Reply 728
Original post by Marc Fiorano
The spring insight programme or the first year retail internship?

Retail internship, got an email like 5 hours later saying I didn't make it through?
Reply 729
apparently, I somehow passed the RBS tests...(thought I did pretty bad)
Okay, thanks, I might try that.

I completed the CS test like 3 weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything since.
Original post by mcp2

Yea quite a few of us already.....all target unis, decent CVs etc. Maybe something to do with that personality test of theirs.
Reply 732
Original post by dogmatichurricane
Yea quite a few of us already.....all target unis, decent CVs etc. Maybe something to do with that personality test of theirs.

Personality test :confused: I got rejected straight after hitting submit application!
Reply 733
Original post by ough789
apparently, I somehow passed the RBS tests...(thought I did pretty bad)

Same, cant believe it, it was such a weird test!
Reply 734
i ran out of time for the jpmorgan test, i guessed about 6 questions.... how likely am i to get to the next round?!
Reply 735
what type of test is morgan stanely?!?! kenexa??
Reply 736
Original post by shaz111
Same, cant believe it, it was such a weird test!

yeah, It was strange because it was easy at first then got really hard then got easy again! But I heard that the tests are trying to find your "level" by giving you questions of different levels. It was a bit strange that they didn't ask for a numerical.
Original post by eco1234
what type of test is morgan stanely?!?! kenexa??

Yes
Original post by twinkl
Does anyone know how JPM use their numerical test to screen out candidates i.e. do they benchmark or is there a minimum level?

Thanks

Although, according to some on this website I know nothing about invesment banking, I recently had an in depth conversation with the head of EMEA recruitment at JPM. He told me that there is a pass mark.
Original post by eco1234
i ran out of time for the jpmorgan test, i guessed about 6 questions.... how likely am i to get to the next round?!

Really? I found the JPM test relatively easy (compared to Credit Suisse at least). Maybe because now I've had more practice...

Latest

Trending

Trending