The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 94george94
Yes, Jehst is my favourite, Skinny Man, Rhyme Asylum, Kyza, Foreign Beggars, LDZ, Braintax :biggrin:

Yup looks like I stumbled upon a UKHH head. I like all of them but never heard of LDZ. My favourites are Jehst, Lowkey, Akala, Klashnekoff, (now) Task Force, and English Frank.
Have to admit, disappointed with how little the UKHH scene is, but Mic Righteous and Kingpin are defo great prospects!
Everyone in Peoples army is good
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sweetascandy
What was LSE like guys? The campus, the people, location, etc etc.

The campus, well... what campus? :tongue: You couldn't really call it a campus, more a cluster of buildings. If you're looking for a campus university then this isn't it. The buildings are new(ish) compared to UCL, but they're pretty much standard London buildings.

As you may already know, LSE has many international applicants, especially Asians. This was reflected in the talks that I attended, where I walked in and saw the majority of heads bore black hair :biggrin: Of course, this is a good thing as I'd love to meet people from all around the globe, and LSE is as international as it gets.

Location wise, it's London so obviously it'll be convenient going out and such. I can't really remember whereabouts the main buildings were situated but it took around 15 minutes from Waterloo to get there.

Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by jamiepango
The campus, well... what campus? :tongue: You couldn't really call it a campus, more a cluster of buildings. If you're looking for a campus university then this isn't it. The buildings are new(ish) compared to UCL, but they're pretty much standard London buildings.

As you may already know, LSE has many international applicants, especially Asians. This was reflected in the talks that I attended, where I walked in and saw the majority of heads bore black hair :biggrin: Of course, this is a good thing as I'd love to meet people from all around the globe, and LSE is as international as it gets.

Location wise, it's London so obviously it'll be convenient going out and such. I can't really remember whereabouts the main buildings were situated but it took around 15 minutes from Waterloo to get there.

Hope this helps :smile:

Thanks for all the info, +rep :smile: Yeah I have heard a lot about it being highly-chinese oriented, but that's not a problem! :p: I couldn't help but notice that you went to UCL as well.. which did you prefer out of the two? If you got offers from both (assuming you've applied), which would you choose?
Reply 6063
Thanks for all the info, +rep :smile: Yeah I have heard a lot about it being highly-chinese oriented, but that's not a problem! :p: I couldn't help but notice that you went to UCL as well.. which did you prefer out of the two? If you got offers from both (assuming you've applied), which would you choose?

i know you're not directing the qn to me but i'd choose UCL haha, cos it seemed more fun :smile:
Reply 6064
I already have offers from Warwick and St.Andrews, anyone got offers from UCL?
Reply 6065
Original post by varadh
I already have offers from Warwick and St.Andrews, anyone got offers from UCL?

Not as far as I know, what was your offer from St. Andrews?
Reply 6066
You clever guys and your Warwick offers. Its my birthday tomorrow if I get an offer then I will scream like a little girl lol. If I get a rejection I will drink a bit more than usual haha.Although, I'll probably hear nothing anyways...
(edited 12 years ago)
Can people reccommend any revision websites for AS Macro? How is Tutor2u?
Reply 6068
Thought I saw UCL giving out offers Econs early November last year. What happened? :frown:
Reply 6069
Original post by -Illmatic-
All I want for Christmas...is a Warwick offer...THATS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK, IS IT?! :emo:

:tongue:

I want this too!
Original post by jhthed
Thought I saw UCL giving out offers Econs early November last year. What happened? :frown:

I thought so too. I really hope I get a UCL offer if I don't get one from Cambridge so dying waiting for them!
Original post by Irenicis
i know you're not directing the qn to me but i'd choose UCL haha, cos it seemed more fun :smile:

What makes you say that? Even if you get a place for pure economics at London School of Economics, you'd still choose UCL? Fair enough I guess :smile:
Reply 6072
Original post by jhthed

You have an LSE offer though? Why are you bothered...

All I want for Christmas...is a Warwick offer...THATS NOT TOO MUCH TO ASK, IS IT?! :emo:

:tongue:

What are your predicted grades?
Sweet name by the way :wink:
Lse offer!
Reply 6075
Original post by nathgooner
Lse offer!

Well done. It was to be expected with 4A* achieved.

I would be extremely lucky if I got an offer from either one; I'm not really expecting an offer so that hasn't really crossed my mind :colondollar:
Original post by zxh800
Well done. It was to be expected with 4A* achieved.

Thanks dude, but tbh I'm waiting on Oxford, and failing that UCL. LSE doesn't really appeal to me as an overall place, the atmosphere is too workmanlike!
Reply 6078
Original post by nathgooner
Thanks dude, but tbh I'm waiting on Oxford, and failing that UCL. LSE doesn't really appeal to me as an overall place, the atmosphere is too workmanlike!

Fair enough! Although, for me personally as I probably won't get into Cambridge, If I recieve an LSE and UCL offer I'd take LSE. I'm willing to bite the bullet in terms of the atmosphere, Chinesefest and poor teaching (or so they say) for the LSE name.
Original post by blueslidepark
What are your predicted grades?
Sweet name by the way :wink:

Thanks dude :tongue:

They're technically below what Warwick ask for so i'm not really counting on an offer: AAAA

Latest

Trending

Trending