The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quark123
I know Warwick is a great econ uni, and when I went round I really liked it, both the university and the department but I fell in love with Oxford while I was there. That said however, I suppose that I could always apply for post grad at Ox, I know quite a few people get in from lesser universities than Warwick so that looks like a good option. In any case I would only reapply if I got 4A*s and didn't get LSE either.

I'm thinking of investment banking or possibly academia; I would love to do a Phd, although that decision is a few years off.

Where have you applied?

Nope. Reapplying for next year. If the grades are good, then Camb, LSE, Warwick, UCL and Nottingham :smile:
Reply 6121
Had my interview earlier today...meh :/ Not getting my hopes up but could've gone a lot worse I spose.
Original post by Groat
Did you to apply to Cambridge? :u:

Applied to Oxford!
Original post by Tateco
Tips for the application progress? :tongue: Going to apply if I don't get Cambridge I think!

Just show desire and ambition, and be unique! Dont spew out the same dross about reading the economist etc.
Reply 6124
Original post by Tomatochuckers
You mean for the one starting next year?

plz share x
Original post by nathgooner
Applied to Oxford!

My my, you have been hiding from us (us being all the other oxford interviewees minus me) :awesome: which college. Guessing EM/EEM oui?
Original post by Tateco
Let me know what they say :wink:

:cool:

I am calling UCL admissions office tommorow. Pretending it's about another issue, then probing to get info on this issue. I shall report back :colone:
Original post by Trizzle
Had my interview earlier today...meh :/ Not getting my hopes up but could've gone a lot worse I spose.

Which college?
Original post by Brand New Eyes
My my, you have been hiding from us (us being all the other oxford interviewees minus me) :awesome: which college. Guessing EM/EEM oui?

EM all the way! Applied to trinity, ha! And you?!
Just out of curiosity, has anyone got offers from Nottingham?
Reply 6130
Just out of curiosity, has anyone got offers from Nottingham?

No.
My cousin had her interview today for Clare college Cambridge. Anyone on here had/ have an interview for Clare?

Do you think that as she's an overseas student boost her chances, by the way she's predicted A* AA( A* in maths), and has offers to St Andrews, Bristol and Warick. Do you think she stands a good chance of getting into Cambridge?
Reply 6132
Original post by WalkerPrince

I am calling UCL admissions office tommorow. Pretending it's about another issue, then probing to get info on this issue. I shall report back :colone:

How exciting! :tongue:
Original post by schoolisnice
My cousin had her interview today for Clare college Cambridge. Anyone on here had/ have an interview for Clare?

Do you think that as she's an overseas student boost her chances, by the way she's predicted A* AA( A* in maths), and has offers to St Andrews, Bristol and Warick. Do you think she stands a good chance of getting into Cambridge?

In general, I would guess that most econ applicants at Cambridge are predicted 4A*'s but predictions mean nothing at Cambridge really. What matters is UMS (average for those who are accepted for econ at my college is 95%) and interview performance is just as important.
Reply 6134
Original post by schoolisnice

She'll have low predictions compared to everyone else, overseas doesn't have any bearing on the decision and neither does her other university offers. Other universities like the ones you have listed are normally more likely to give offers to overseas students because they have to pay a lot more, but Cambridge seems less bothered about that. Whether she gets in or not depends on how her interview went, what the admissions tutors thought of her and her grades relative to other applicants.
EM all the way! Applied to trinity, ha! And you?!

:love: Trinity aww my friend is there right now for her interview. See my sig P:
Reply 6136
Original post by WalkerPrince

Kudos for you courage, kid! :cool: Let us know what they say :biggrin:
Just wondering has anybody had any offers from Leeds or Lancaster???
Reply 6138
Original post by crazy1234
Quick question to all those considering a gap year, if you get 3/4A*s and a warwick offer, would you take it or apply again hoping for oxbridge?

P.s. I dont have an warwick offer, but am just curious....

I was rejected from Oxford, so I am determined to ace my IB exams and re-apply next year /maybe to Cambridge) as I will know my results for sure. At the moment I am waiting to see if St.Andrews gives me an offer, if they do I will Firm it and scratch the re-applying, if they don't I will re-apply. Hope this helps seeing as it is a similar situation.
If I dont get a Warwick offer, I'll probably reapply. If I get a Warwick offer, and a place at a gap year scheme, depending on how well I've done in August I'll reapply.

Latest

Trending

Trending