The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vulpes
Same here. Can't wait to fly back to HK on Sunday :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tons of work to do over Christmas tho...

(Are you jealous of the Cambridge people? :tongue: )

You're going to have such a culture shock when you get back there I would imagine :tongue:

I can't wait to get out of london and back home to the north countryside... will be so odd though :lol:

I know what you mean..... I am currently two weeks and 1 day behind on my lecture notes for cardiorespiratory... I haven't started apart from PBLs :sigh:

Could do with more than just 2 weeks off!

I am unaware of what the oxbridge people do over christmas....
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Ha! I might get back to you on that. I'm going to see if an English student I know has any single coursemates. I can't remember the last time I met an unattached female of the species. :ahee:

Haha I know that feeling.. seeing that here is all medics and dentists that I come across they all seem to be in relationships...
At least you can meet some arts students :colone:

Well for the few second years at Nottingham that I know that are single there's an English Studies student who is already a crazy cat lady, and an alright physics student but is just the most frigid person ever (not that there's anything wrong with that... it's just not what some people want..)

So yeah... you might be better off without my help :tongue:

And if you know anyone suited for me down here in London then don't hesitate :lol:

#foreveralone
Original post by No Future
Everyone wore them. From HCA to consultant. I was an HCA

As above :smile:
Original post by Vulpes
Same here. Can't wait to fly back to HK on Sunday :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Tons of work to do over Christmas tho...

(Are you jealous of the Cambridge people? :tongue: )

You from HK? Cool.

:wink:
Original post by a moist feeling
You don't want to be in a relationship :tongue: you know they are over rated :colone:

You're still up?
Finished episode V yet? Episode III is now done and time to finish PBL...

And I know what you're saying but you are the biggest cynic when it comes to relationships ever.

I like relationships :tongue:

I don't do single very well.. it's shameful as you know :ninja:
Original post by Philosoraptor
I swear our theatres don't allow crocs due to the gaps and therefore not H&S compliant lol

The theatres manager bought them for nursing staff, but they gave me the crappy clogs that hurt my feet so I just bought Crocs instead.

Crocs are banned everywhere else in the hospital for that reason, but that manager always got what she wanted in her department.

She reminded me of a bulldog. A very ferocious one. Lol.
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Well for the few second years at Nottingham that I know that are single there's an English Studies student who is already a crazy cat lady, and an alright physics student but is just the most frigid person ever (not that there's anything wrong with that... it's just not what some people want..)

So yeah... you might be better off without my help :tongue:

And if you know anyone suited for me down here in London then don't hesitate :lol:

#foreveralone

Arts students are overrated :biggrin:

Haha I know that feeling.. seeing that here is all medics and dentists that I come across they all seem to be in relationships...

Wouldn't mind bagging myself an arts student. Every girl I've been with seems to be science or maths. Bit boring after a while as the personalities tend to be fairly similar.

That said, I wouldn't mind meeting a non-student for a change. The bubble of student life is a bit suffocating after a while.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7367
You're going to have such a culture shock when you get back there I would imagine :tongue:

I can't wait to get out of london and back home to the north countryside... will be so odd though :lol:

I know what you mean..... I am currently two weeks and 1 day behind on my lecture notes for cardiorespiratory... I haven't started apart from PBLs :sigh:

Could do with more than just 2 weeks off!

I am unaware of what the oxbridge people do over christmas....

Apparently my accent has changed :cry:

I might splurge quite a bit when I get back to HK... Food is 1/3 of the price here and everything there is so cheap in comparison!!!

Only 2 weeks and a day? I'm up-to-date with my current module (Cardio) but I have like 3 weeks of lectures to catch up on for our Intro to Medicine module. Then theres an SSC and a 2500 word essay to write. :redface:

People at cambridge got off last week and start ~ Jan 16th.

Hmm.. My ex was an art student. The difference in subjects + interests didn't really help :s-smilie:

You from HK? Cool.

:wink:

:yep: Most awesome place on earth.
Original post by Vulpes

Yep. Sigh, going there next summer. Have missed it.
Reply 7369
Yep. Sigh, going there next summer. Have missed it.

:woo: Cool!!! Are you from HK then? Seeing that you "missed it".
Arts students are overrated :biggrin:

Seeing as my most recent ex is a humanities student I could be a bit bitchy if needed but shan't be :colone:

My sample size is too small to make a comment on that statement......... for now :colone:

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Wouldn't mind bagging myself an arts student. Every girl I've been with seems to be science or maths. Bit boring after a while as the personalities tend to be fairly similar.

Why not try the other lot eh? :colone:

Original post by Vulpes
Apparently my accent has changed :cry:

I might splurge quite a bit when I get back to HK... Food is 1/3 of the price here and everything there is so cheap in comparison!!!

Only 2 weeks and a day? I'm up-to-date with my current module (Cardio) but I have like 3 weeks of lectures to catch up on for our Intro to Medicine module. Then theres an SSC and a 2500 word essay to write. :redface:

People at cambridge got off last week and start ~ Jan 16th.

Hmm.. My ex was an art student. The difference in subjects + interests didn't really help :s-smilie:

It'll probably revert back as soon as you get back to HK.. I reckon I sound relatively southern when talking to people down here, but as soon as I talk to family on the phone or my old mates it goes straight back to northern goodness :yep:

Fancy sending some of that food my way? :puppyeyes:

Intro to Medicine doesn't count as a module if it's anything like ours :noway:
Don't envy you for the SSC or essay though... at least all I'll be doing is getting up to date with notes :console:

How how how... that's not fair.
Back on the 3rd Jan ffs :colonhash:
You're still up?
Finished episode V yet? Episode III is now done and time to finish PBL...

And I know what you're saying but you are the biggest cynic when it comes to relationships ever.

I like relationships :tongue:

I don't do single very well.. it's shameful as you know :ninja:

Yeh and watched The Inbetweeners Movie too :tongue: I am productive :colone:

I think you do single alright from what I've seen :teehee: I am the one who is bad with being single :tongue:
Original post by Vulpes
:woo: Cool!!! Are you from HK then? Seeing that you "missed it".

Nah, just have family there.

Why not try the other lot eh? :colone:

Would like to, but I'm finding it remarkably hard to break out of the medic bubble. Our medschool seems to be incredibly isolated. We have our own campus and we are told nothing about events on main campus. All of my social events tend to be medic based which isn't a bad thing, but would be nice to meet new people for a change.

My girlfriend does history and politics and I have to say it is refreshing sometimes to be free from the medic-isolation factor.

So many conversations, no matter how obscure, random, whatever, seem to end up circling back in some way to medicine.

Srsly? I'm not back til the 9th :awesome:

Though I still have like 8500 words to write before I can leave for Christmas. I'm torn between wanting an extra week of term in which to actually get this work done, and just wanting a holiday right now.
Reply 7376

It'll probably revert back as soon as you get back to HK.. I reckon I sound relatively southern when talking to people down here, but as soon as I talk to family on the phone or my old mates it goes straight back to northern goodness :yep:

Fancy sending some of that food my way? :puppyeyes:

Intro to Medicine doesn't count as a module if it's anything like ours :noway:
Don't envy you for the SSC or essay though... at least all I'll be doing is getting up to date with notes :console:

How how how... that's not fair.

My accent turns very british when I get angry :colondollar: Haha.

I wouldn't mind, if you like japanese curry + instant noodles. (Seeing thats all I can really bring over :tongue: ) - Gonna bring back a suitcase-full of food :biggrin:

Our IMMS module is apparently one of the most packed modules in our pre-clinical years. Some of the lectures are so packed with information it takes me over two hours just to learn it properly.

Nah, just have family there.

We may be organising a UK medics meet-up in HK :wink:

x

I just have this image of you and PSQ staying in opposite flats but using TSR as a method of communication.

Would like to, but I'm finding it remarkably hard to break out of the medic bubble. Our medschool seems to be incredibly isolated. We have our own campus and we are told nothing about events on main campus. All of my social events tend to be medic based which isn't a bad thing, but would be nice to meet new people for a change.

Go for uni accommodation!!! Randomly allocated flatmates! :biggrin:
Original post by Vulpes

Cool :smile:

Are there more of us?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Vulpes

I just have this image of you and PSQ staying in opposite flats but using TSR as a method of communication.

Unfortunately this happens :tongue: he lives like 4 doors away from me :sigh:
Yeh and watched The Inbetweeners Movie too :tongue: I am productive :colone:

I think you do single alright from what I've seen :teehee: I am the one who is bad with being single :tongue:

Ah you just reminded me I wanted to see that, cheers!
For someone that procrastinates as much as you do I have no idea how you are on top of things :sigh:
You going to turn up to PBL this week? :tongue:

Haha thanks mate but no... no more shameful antics :noway:
From now on the antics will be worthy of the blade of glory :colone:

Yeah you're a bad single person...
We need to hit QM campus at some point :lol:

If I didn't know you studied at Warwick (yeah?) then I would have thought you were studying here at BL then... it sounds like the exact same situation us lot are in.
If you find a way to break out that medic bubble then please let me know :erm:

Original post by Becca-Sarah
Srsly? I'm not back til the 9th :awesome:

Though I still have like 8500 words to write before I can leave for Christmas. I'm torn between wanting an extra week of term in which to actually get this work done, and just wanting a holiday right now.

You lucky lucky person :unimpressed:

But then again if you have that much to write then I don't envy you at all :console:

Need to spend less time stealing bow ties don't you? :tongue:

Holiday vs getting work done... good luck :tongue:
Original post by Vulpes
My accent turns very british when I get angry :colondollar: Haha.

I wouldn't mind, if you like japanese curry + instant noodles. (Seeing thats all I can really bring over :tongue: ) - Gonna bring back a suitcase-full of food :biggrin:

Our IMMS module is apparently one of the most packed modules in our pre-clinical years. Some of the lectures are so packed with information it takes me over two hours just to learn it properly.

Go for uni accommodation!!! Randomly allocated flatmates! :biggrin:

You'll have to record it at some point or something. Or god forbid we ever manage to arrange a TSR medic meet :lol:

Maybe not then... The noodles in my cupboard just sit there :redface:

Does it actually need to be learnt though? :wink:

Oh and moisty is currently 3 doors down from me.. so could communicate via TSR if need be :lol: