The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Have lunch with the head of Sales at a BB tomoz..may see if I can on the Spring programme!
Original post by Focus08
How is WOS treating you?

WOS is probably the hardest module tbh, but still not too bad

all the rest are pretty piss! :biggrin:
rejected from Deutsche Bank...ahh sheeet!!! :frown:

So, so far

Morgan Stanley - Rejection
Deutsche Bank - Rejection

Nomura - waiting
Citi - waiting
GS - waiting
HSBC - waiting

JPM - exams done, waiting
BarCap - exams done, waiting
CS - exams done, waiting
UBS - exams done, waiting

RBS - AC :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 783
Invited to "Fast Track interviews" for the Credit Suisse Spring Week.

Anyone know what questions to expect?
Original post by viksta1000

So, so far

Nomura - waiting
Citi - waiting
GS - waiting
HSBC - waiting

CS - exams done, waiting

DB take like 10 interns into each of markets and IBD; probably the hardest bank to get into when applicants to places is considered.

Do you know the format of the RBS AC?

So, so far

Nomura - waiting
Citi - waiting
GS - waiting
HSBC - waiting

CS - exams done, waiting

Didn't know DB was already replying.....that's quite soon. Is this for the Spring Insight or the Start up scholarship?
Reply 786

So, so far

Nomura - waiting
Citi - waiting
GS - waiting
HSBC - waiting

CS - exams done, waiting

Wow you've done a lot of apps! haha.

how long after you'd done the Morgans stanley tests did you hear back? and if you dont mind me asking was it for markets or IB?

thanks, and congrats on the RBS AC, just doing my app for them now :P
Original post by Industrious Orca
DB take like 10 interns into each of markets and IBD; probably the hardest bank to get into when applicants to places is considered.

Do you know the format of the RBS AC?

Haha, I heard that too, always worth a shot I guess :biggrin:

I've heard that its like a 5 step process:
another exam
Group work
Individual work
Presentation
Interview

Seems quite strenuous to say its for a spring insight...hate to see the AC for an actual job....can anyone shine some light on whether or not this is the correct format?

Original post by dogmatichurricane
Didn't know DB was already replying.....that's quite soon. Is this for the Spring Insight or the Start up scholarship?

Didn't expect it at all tbh (the reply that is, I expected not to get through knowing how difficult it is for DB)

It was for the Spring Insight :biggrin:
Original post by er1ksson

Expect some technical questions.

When i was there i got talking to 3 other people getting interviewed; the two before me both got asked how to value a bond by the same banker. Me and the applicant who interviewed alongside me (you have one applicant with one banker, and another applicant with another banker, then you both switch bankers to get interviewed by the other) both got asked about DCF by the same junior banker.

Talking to junior bankers at other banks (GS and RBS), Credit Suisse and other european banks seem to be quite well known for liking their technical questions.

Having said that, the other interviewer i got literally just went down my CV asking competency questions about each activity/internship/EC, so you make sure you know your CV and practice some comps too i guess. Also, they like to ask questions going off what you just said; so if you say you say that you like reading the FT, they will ask you what, and then grill you on it etc. So try to lead the interview somewhere you're comfortable.
Reply 789
Original post by er1ksson

Fast ones
Original post by eco1234
Wow you've done a lot of apps! haha.

how long after you'd done the Morgans stanley tests did you hear back? and if you dont mind me asking was it for markets or IB?

thanks, and congrats on the RBS AC, just doing my app for them now :P

for MS, I applied on November 1, received the test notification on November 13 and got the rejection last Friday (Demember 9)

it was for IB

The RBS app was one of the only ones to ask essay type questions (their test was pretty difficult, but i hear it had a low percentage required to pass :biggrin:)

Good Luck!!! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Haha, I heard that too, always worth a shot I guess :biggrin:

I've heard that its like a 5 step process:
another exam
Group work
Individual work
Presentation
Interview

Seems quite strenuous to say its for a spring insight...hate to see the AC for an actual job....can anyone shine some light on whether or not this is the correct format?

Sounds exactly the same format as the one i had for a summer internship 2 weeks ago. I have an exam in an hour and a half that I've not revised for yet, but i will give you some insight/tips in a bit once that's done. When is the AC?
Reply 792
Sounds exactly the same format as the one i had for a summer internship 2 weeks ago. I have an exam in an hour and a half that I've not revised for yet, but i will give you some insight/tips in a bit once that's done. When is the AC?

Called up RBS today, they told me it was one competency interview and one role play exercise sort of thing. (vikster don't worry about anything else).

Also would you mind explaining a bit about the role play exercise please from your summer internship ac.

thanks
Reply 793
Original post by natashabedford
Hey, when did you apply? And, what mark do you think you got in the logical/numerical tests?

umm i applied at the beginning of november.. i took ages to do all the tests though. I'm not too sure tbh, but i thought i did really bad!
Original post by eco1234
did you submit a cover letter for deustche bank?? it doesn't ask for one...... and there are a million questions so im guessing ti's not necessary

It's either a cover letter or answering competency questions

Expect some technical questions.

When i was there i got talking to 3 other people getting interviewed; the two before me both got asked how to value a bond by the same banker. Me and the applicant who interviewed alongside me (you have one applicant with one banker, and another applicant with another banker, then you both switch bankers to get interviewed by the other) both got asked about DCF by the same junior banker.

Talking to junior bankers at other banks (GS and RBS), Credit Suisse and other european banks seem to be quite well known for liking their technical questions.

Having said that, the other interviewer i got literally just went down my CV asking competency questions about each activity/internship/EC, so you make sure you know your CV and practice some comps too i guess. Also, they like to ask questions going off what you just said; so if you say you say that you like reading the FT, they will ask you what, and then grill you on it etc. So try to lead the interview somewhere you're comfortable.

Wow, that's pretty tough. I'd expect something like that for summer internships but for spring weeks!? I better read some books then

Haha, cheers for that, appreciate it!!! :biggrin:

Original post by sach100
Called up RBS today, they told me it was one competency interview and one role play exercise sort of thing. (vikster don't worry about anything else).

Also would you mind explaining a bit about the role play exercise please from your summer internship ac.

thanks

ahhh right, that's a relief....funnily enough, I don't know when it is, and neither do RBS by the sounds of it...in the email it says AC for my deparment has started yet, but once it does they'll let me know :biggrin:
Reply 796
just got rejected for deutche bank - wtf lol - i thought that was my best numerical test:frown:
Reply 797
Original post by LawQC
just got rejected for deutche bank - wtf lol - i thought that was my best numerical test:frown:

sorry to hear that, deutsche bank is probably one of the most competitive though.

ive just sent my app but ive not much hope haha. how long after you submitted did you recieve tests? and was it for markets of IB? which type of test is it... please say kenexa waaaay prefer them :P
Reply 798
DB rejection here too =)
Reply 799
is it ok to put an employees name on your cover letter that has inspired you? they did a speech that i went to and i really liked one specific thing they mentioned about the bank. i am writing about that element of the bank now and want to say it was strongly endorsed by this person is that ok do you think?

Latest

Trending

Trending