The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by Outsanity
Just done the tests for JPM and MS, I found the latter slightly easier despite the shorter time which was Kenexa I think, is this the general pattern with Kenexa and SHL tests?

Im going to do MS soon..did the practice tests online help you? how long are the tests?
Reply 821
Original post by mcp2
Yeah brah, did DB and MS on same day as both were Kenexa and there were repeat questions and some even had the same answers

Hey, just wondering... MS says we may have to do various tests including logic reasoning etc..which ones did you actually do for the spring program? just the numerical?
Reply 822
Original post by i_hate_teeth

Get me lunch with head of recruitment at DB? I reckon your opinion would count for a lot around there.
Original post by jayeshr
Im going to do MS soon..did the practice tests online help you? how long are the tests?

I just did the example questions beforehand and went into the test, I didn't find it nearly as bad as the JPM one if you've done it. It took me about 18 minutes of the 20 minute time frame.
Reply 824
I just did the example questions beforehand and went into the test, I didn't find it nearly as bad as the JPM one if you've done it. It took me about 18 minutes of the 20 minute time frame.

Which ones did you do? the ones on the kenexa page? And nope..not done JPM one, it would've been good to have it done though haha, would've had a better idea about the MS one.

Also assuming by what you said, there was only a numerical test to do?
Original post by Industrious Orca
This was a summer internship interview; but the interviewers can ask you whatever they feel like, so be prepared for questions that are a bit technical; especially at places like CS, DB, BNP etc. The European ones have more of a reputation for giving you technical questions than the Anglo-american ones. In my experience, this is true.

Yes but you'd expect those sort of questions at summer internships where its divisional and you apply for specific roles compared to Spring Weeks which is nothing like that, at least, not in all banks. Its more if an introduction to Banking and the various roles in IB, what suits you, various rotations etc.

I understand anything can be asked but within a certain capacity. ECM, DCM and pricing a bond shouldnt be too difficult if its apart of the role im applying to
Reply 826

I agree.. i guessed about 4-5 of the jpm ones! pretty sure thats a rejection.
the MS was waaaay better! and I finished with a bit of time, there were 3 questions i was unsure of so went back pretty sure I got one of them right no idea about the other 2. how many questions were there again, 20?
Can anybody confirm, does the MS Kenexa test let you go back to previous questions?

JP Morgan's SHL didn't, you submit the answer and that's that, can't go back to review any questions if you finish early.
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Can anybody confirm, does the MS Kenexa test let you go back to previous questions?.

Correct. All Kenexa exams allow you to. I've done CS logical and numerical which are Kenexa and you can skip and go back to previous questions
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Correct. All Kenexa exams allow you to. I've done CS logical and numerical which are Kenexa and you can skip and go back to previous questions

Cheers mate. That's much better than SHL then, no wonder most prefer Kenexa over it.
Would +rep but apparently I need to rate other members before you again lol.
Reply 830
has anyone got an answer from JPM after taking the numerical test ?

Best guys,

Jeremy
Anybody not heard from MS? They said they'de get back to us in early December ?
Original post by jerem026
has anyone got an answer from JPM after taking the numerical test ?

Best guys,

Jeremy

Nope have you?
Original post by woods.vanessa

Their deadline's just passed so I would imagine they'd start getting back to applicants in the next week (if they said early Dec). If not then probably after xmas break in January.
Reply 834

Nope have you?

Not for the moment.. i guess they are still checking all the applications and test results !

We'll see !
Original post by eco1234
I agree.. i guessed about 4-5 of the jpm ones! pretty sure thats a rejection.
the MS was waaaay better! and I finished with a bit of time, there were 3 questions i was unsure of so went back pretty sure I got one of them right no idea about the other 2. how many questions were there again, 20?

Yeah 20, do you have any idea of the "pass" marks?
Reply 836
Is anybody here from France ? or from Non-UK target univ ?
Yeah 20, do you have any idea of the "pass" marks?

I think most banks look for 70% in numerical and 80% in verbal etc - source from graduate recruiter

Got a phone interview this week but I applied and took the numerical a month ago.
I think most banks look for 70% in numerical and 80% in verbal etc - source from graduate recruiter

I think it might differ quite a lot from bank to bank because some tests kill the mind whilst others are relatively straight forward. I think RBS test has a pretty low pass mark because it's pretty difficult.

Latest