The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4980
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
The video is from 2010 and is the Batman Begins indents.

Ultra Culture fail then?
Reply 4981
Original post by Phalanges
Controversial opinion of the night: Chris Nolan's best film is The Prestige.

The Prestige for me was a bitterly disappointing experience. Mainly because most of it was so good. The ending undid it completely for me. The build-up, I agree, was excellent, and kept me intrigued. The other cinematic elements also worked well; the acting was good, the cinematography sharp, and the structure in particular very effectively used. And then came the ending.

Spoiler

Just because it hasn't been mentioned at all - I think Insomnia is also a very good film, and easily as good as The Prestige.

Phalanges
Stop what you are doing and watch this. One of the world's greatest editors is back:

Pure genius. :adore:
(edited 12 years ago)
Stop what you are doing and watch this. One of the world's greatest editors is back:

Tasty. That is all.

The last 40 seconds are the best imo :biggrin:.
Filmography 2010 was far, far better in scene sync, music and general flow. Still good though.
The Prestige is an uneven film that shines and all falls flat in several places. I can understand what people see in it, but The Dark Knight and Inception are better films.
Original post by Nephilim
I really enjoyed Rise of the Planet of the Apes, it was so much better than I thought it would be. You actually liked Hanna? I didn't like it that much because it didn't really have a plot, and the end scene imo was very anti-climactic. Why on earth did she even have to alert the government to her location :sigh:.

Anyone else think that the Tree of Life was incredibly self-indulgent?

Yeah, Apes was one of the biggest surprises of the year for me. Went in expecting to hate it because of that god-awful trailer, and it was really a strong film. Hanna is one of my favourite films of the year, I loved it.

Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Filmography 2010 was far, far better in scene sync, music and general flow. Still good though.

I wasn't as speechless when I was watching it, but I still think it's pretty amazing and it's still seems really fluid to me. I can't even begin to contemplate how long it must take to make something like that.
I must say the Harry Potter one i discovered by going to his channel gives me chills.
Reply 4988
Writing an essay about the American Dream whilst watching The Land Before Time. The word count is suffering because the film is so damn good.
Reply 4989
Have started up a little film blog, will mostly be reviews and top tens, stuff like that. First post is a brief list of ten of the best non-Disney animated features. All subject to personal opinion, of course! :cool:

http://amysfilmblog.tumblr.com/
Reply 4990
Original post by aja89
Have started up a little film blog, will mostly be reviews and top tens, stuff like that. First post is a brief list of ten of the best non-Disney animated features. All subject to personal opinion, of course! :cool:

Following. :smile:
Reply 4991
Original post by Pi!
Following. :smile:

Thanks! Following back. :colondollar:
Reply 4992
Original post by aja89
Thanks! Following back. :colondollar:

You are my 40th follower. Have a cookie.

Original post by aja89
Saw My Week With Marilyn today, didn't like it at all. Fine enough performance from Michelle Williams but the film bored me to death.

I saw it this evening and Kenneth Branagh not convincing as Larry Olivier.
Reply 4994
Original post by barnetlad
I saw it this evening and Kenneth Branagh not convincing as Larry Olivier.

That was one of the main things I really hated! I had expected better of Branagh too.
Original post by aja89

Strange - I went to follow you and saw that you'd just started following me (on your personal blog)! :eek::biggrin:
Anyways, followed on both blogs :h:
Anyone know of any worthwhile Horrors coming out soon?
Original post by nannipigg
Anyone know of any worthwhile Horrors coming out soon?

The Woman In Black is coming out sometime next year. I assumed it was in Spring, but it might have been pushed back.
Reply 4998
Original post by Pandora.
Strange - I went to follow you and saw that you'd just started following me (on your personal blog)! :eek::biggrin:
Anyways, followed on both blogs :h:

:eek:

It must be fate! :tongue:
DKR prologue's leaked. No sense in posting a link, it'll just be swarmed by WB eventually anyway.

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest