The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anywhere in Newcastle or Glasgow.

EDIT: Apologies everyone, perhaps I didn't make it clear before that this post was humour, not a serious comment.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Kerr Avon

I can't speak for Newcastle but it's true that everywhere in Glasgow is rough. It's well known that you can often see Kelvinside ladies threatening each other with knives over the last bits of Iberico ham in the delicatessen.
Primark at Christmas. People go in looking for a discount sweater... come out with no arms or legs.
Reply 4
Original post by foxo
I can't speak for Newcastle but it's true that everywhere in Glasgow is rough. It's well known that you can often see Kelvinside ladies threatening each other with knives over the last bits of Iberico ham in the delicatessen.

(edited 12 years ago)
Tottenham, Hackney, Dagenham.
I was in North London this morning and I saw a bloke in a wheelchair. I said to him, "What happened to you?"He replied, "I was in Nam."I said, "What, Vietnam?"He said, "No. Tottenham."
Reply 7
Various parts of London, Glasgow, Chapeltown (Leeds), Nottingham, Birmingham and some parts of Newcastle, Liverpool and Manchester I suppose? I know it's not 5 but it's hard to pick.
Reply 8
Blimey, I was just joking, but I actually got it right! Edinburgh has a better reputation, is that true?

In Edinburgh violence tends to be confined to areas like Morningside and establishments such as Jenners and Valvona and Crolla. If you stick to Wester Hailes and Niddrie you should be fine.
Reply 9
leeds, tottenham, hull, glasgow, some parts of manchester..first 5 that come to my head
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by foxo
In Edinburgh violence tends to be confined to areas like Morningside and establishments such as Jenners and Valvona and Crolla. If you stick to Wester Hailes and Niddrie you should be fine.

Hahahah Yeah wester hailes, Niddrie and the famous pilton/granton/muirhouse are all great areas to live in :tongue: :wink:
Reply 11
Manchester is the safest city in England, its just bad press from a kid that got shot 5 years ago
Liverpool ! Leeds ! Glasgow ! hackney ! moss side !

anyone agree ? :smile:
newcastle aint rough......i would agree that most cities in scotland are though
I would've said, Brixton, Hackney, Glasgow, Liverpool and (surprisingly) Cardiff

Can't speak for glasgow, but for the most part newcastle is quite friendly, Byker is definitely rough though :|
Reply 16
Original post by abdiz12
Manchester is the safest city in England, its just bad press from a kid that got shot 5 years ago

You do realise you're taking Moss Side into account there?
Most of these areas are not rough . ****holes yes . rough no
Reply 18
Most big UK cities have plenty of smart areas, loads of reasonable areas, a handful of rundown areas and a couple of genuinely rough areas.
Large parts of Newport and Bristol are pretty rough.

Southampton is pretty tame. :h:

Latest