The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
But I'm going to enjoy the aftermath of the tidying :yep:

Silly fool, everyone knows that Scottish isn't a dialect, it's a language :yep:

You mean "Having your favourite boots back"? :tongue:

Nope, definitely a dialect. You didn't think you were that indepedent did you?! (If there's one thing I learned a long time ago, questioning Scottish indepedence often leads to violent results)

EDIT: I think we should all consider the merits of this verse from Colossians:

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." (Col 3:13)

:tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by EEngWillow
You mean "Having your favourite boots back"? :tongue:

Nope, definitely a dialect. You didn't think you were that indepedent did you?! (If there's one thing I learned a long time ago, questioning Scottish indepedence often leads to violent results)

EDIT: I think we should all consider the merits of this verse from Colossians:

"Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." (Col 3:13)

:tongue:

Favourite boots, ability to walk round room rather than having to leap around it etc.

Nooo it actually is. Trust me I study languages :tongue: just like American is now classed as a separate language. While their root language is English they have evolved :yep:
Favourite boots, ability to walk round room rather than having to leap around it etc.

Nooo it actually is. Trust me I study languages :tongue: just like American is now classed as a separate language. While their root language is English they have evolved :yep:

I quite enjoyed playing Leapfrog around my room. THE FLOOR IS ACTUALLY LAVA :colondollar:

I do trust you!
I quite enjoyed playing Leapfrog around my room. THE FLOOR IS ACTUALLY LAVA :colondollar:

I do trust you!

I would say my floor is not so much lava as piles of clothes/books which could potential be hiding the evil plugs which lurk prongs upwards ready to attack your soft feet...

YAY TRUST!
I would say my floor is not so much lava as piles of clothes/books which could potential be hiding the evil plugs which lurk prongs upwards ready to attack your soft feet...

YAY TRUST!

Hehe. Replace lava with other hazards as applicable. Plugs are evil when you wake up in the morning, grudgingly force yourself out of bed and then step on one. Aaaaaaah bad memories!

Trust is good :yep:
Hehe. Replace lava with other hazards as applicable. Plugs are evil when you wake up in the morning, grudgingly force yourself out of bed and then step on one. Aaaaaaah bad memories!

Trust is good :yep:

Equally as evil as plugs are high heels, they lurk about as well. Ooft on Friday gonna be in high heels, gonna have to spend some time remembering how to walk in high heels. Silly black tie things! Luckily only wearing 3 inches on Friday, for major party over Christmas I'll be in 5 inches...
Equally as evil as plugs are high heels, they lurk about as well. Ooft on Friday gonna be in high heels, gonna have to spend some time remembering how to walk in high heels. Silly black tie things! Luckily only wearing 3 inches on Friday, for major party over Christmas I'll be in 5 inches...

I'm afraid I can't sympathise with you, I wear sensible shoes. :tongue:
I'm afraid I can't sympathise with you, I wear sensible shoes. :tongue:

WOOO I found my favourite boots (hidden under an umbrella)

Normally I wear sensible shoes, I never wear heels for going out normally. But a black tie dress such as this one (http://www.karenmillen.com/Folded-stretch-strapless-dress/Dresses/karenmillen/fcp-product/903000056467) which I'm wearing for party over Christmas hols, CANNOT be worn with flats, would be a crime to humanity.

Normally I wear sensible shoes, I never wear heels for going out normally. But a black tie dress such as this one (http://www.karenmillen.com/Folded-stretch-strapless-dress/Dresses/karenmillen/fcp-product/903000056467) which I'm wearing for party over Christmas hols, CANNOT be worn with flats, would be a crime to humanity.

Amen to that :yep:

That's such a nice dress :cool:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Amen to that :yep:

That's such a nice dress :cool:

Isn't it gorgeous! Especially when I only payed £40 for it :awesome: (parents offered to pay the rest as it's their fault the party is black tie and my mum wants me to look better than anyone else there...and only such a dress would do me justice :tongue:)
Isn't it gorgeous! Especially when I only payed £40 for it :awesome: (parents offered to pay the rest as it's their fault the party is black tie and my mum wants me to look better than anyone else there...and only such a dress would do me justice :tongue:)

It really is lovely. It's sadly the kind of dress only a slim person can pull of though. I wouldn't look very good in it! :nopity:

I'm liking your mum's logic here :yep:

Yay boots!

That is a rather pretty dress. Will you be modelling it for us? :tongue:

Why, out of all the empty seats on the bus, does the man who smells like a walking cigarette choose to sit next to me. Grrrrr.
Reply 9492

That's beautiful!

I can't wear heels. It's a problem when you're only 5 ft 2.
Original post by d123
That's beautiful!

:hugs: I can't walk in heels either and I'm 5'3" :console:
It really is lovely. It's sadly the kind of dress only a slim person can pull of though. I wouldn't look very good in it! :nopity:

I'm liking your mum's logic here :yep:

Oh nooo I'm not all that slim. It just accentuates the right places on me...at least I hope it still will, deffo gained weight this term...

Yay boots!

That is a rather pretty dress. Will you be modelling it for us? :tongue:

Why, out of all the empty seats on the bus, does the man who smells like a walking cigarette choose to sit next to me. Grrrrr.

Ha ha depending on the pics of the party I may post some

Urgh hate it when that happens. Fags stink.

Original post by d123
That's beautiful!

I can't wear heels. I can barely walk as it is (literally nearly killed myself 3 times walking to exam by tripping...I don't think Glasgow's wobbly pavements help this!) but I feel I have to wear heels from time to time!
How dare you ask questions after I invited you to! :angry: I jest, I jest. Sorry, long and boring day!

Regarding Alpha:

Session 1: Who is Jesus?

Session 2: Why Did Jesus Die?

Session 3: How Can We Have Faith?

Session 4: Why and How Do I Pray?

Session 5: Why and How Should I Read the Bible?

Session 6: How Does God Guide Us?

Session 7: How Can I Resist Evil?

Session 8: Why and How Should I Tell Others?

Session 9: Does God Heal Today?

Session 10: What about the Church?

Day or weekend away sessions:

Who is the Holy Spirit?

What Does the Holy Spirit Do?

How Can I be Filled with the Holy Spirit?

How Can I Make the Most of the Rest of My Life?

Regarding problems with the Bible / Christian Teachings:

I think this depends on what you mean by problems. My knowledge of the Old Testament is rather weak, which is something I know I need to work on. There's nothing that I can think of in the New Testament that is jumping out at me as problematic. There are things that are problematic to follow at times though - being willing to suffer and be persecuted for your faith, always welcoming the Lord's will for you over your own wants and desires etc, but I don't disagree with them.

Regarding the Holy Spirit:

I'm not particularly sure what you're asking here if I'm honest. Did it feel Christian? Well it didn't feel anything I know! It's not a feeling that I know how to describe with the words I know, but I'll try for you. For me it's a magnificant and inspiring feeling, yet at the same time heart-breaking and tear-jerking.

Thanks for the info on Alpha, there's a couple running in Oxford early next year I might try and go to. By problems I meant things like homosexuality being a sin, women generally being subservient to men, mankind having dominion over the animals- thing that grate a little bit with your average, fairly liberal student. I've heard there's some fairly anti-semitic stuff in there too but I've never read a real bible (only the children's one xD) so I don't know how true that is.

What I was trying to ask is when you felt it, did you specificly think "This is God, who came to earth as Jesus and died for our sins"?- how did you know it wasn't Allah or Gaia or whatever? Once you felt that something was there, what made you choose to worship it as a Christian?
Oh nooo I'm not all that slim. It just accentuates the right places on me...at least I hope it still will, deffo gained weight this term...

Ah I'm sure it'll be fine. It's great that it accentuates the right places! I have a nice Tinkerbell dress (it's bright green :biggrin: ) that does the same :awesome:
Ah I'm sure it'll be fine. It's great that it accentuates the right places! I have a nice Tinkerbell dress (it's bright green :biggrin: ) that does the same :awesome:

Yeah it nips in at waist and all the pleating on top makes me actually look as though I have some shape! Gonna need to buy some seamless underwear though, rather tight on bottom. Gonna have to wobble through the party not just cos of heels!
Yeah it nips in at waist and all the pleating on top makes me actually look as though I have some shape! Gonna need to buy some seamless underwear though, rather tight on bottom. Gonna have to wobble through the party not just cos of heels!

M and S do some good seamless ones, they suck you in a bit as well :redface:
Original post by riotgrrl
M and S do some good seamless ones, they suck you in a bit as well :redface:

I shall head there on Saturday :yep: (I must be insane trying to go shopping on a Saturday so close to Christmas, but only time I'm free!)

Latest

Trending

Trending