The Student Room Group

how to get good grade in English language

hi. im doing my english language exam on jan 2012 and i need help because i really want to get an A. can some please tell me how to revise for english lang. and how to get good grade. can u tell me what to do to get an A. at the moment i am on a B but i need an A. how can i achieve that.
also can some one suggest me any revision books that are good.

soz if i am asking to much question.

thanks alot azzy. =]
Learn the terminology (word classes, frameworks, discourse grammar, etc) in and out.
Learn theorists and theory in and out.
Study what is needed for A01, A02, and A03.
A lot of practice -- practice essays too.

Good revision tools include Justin Craig, Teachit, GetRevising, xtremepapers (for past papers and mark schemes), and the standard English Language B text book -- because it's written by examiners and it's a great revision tool.

Good luck.
Practise papers.
And if you have the opportunity to get drafts of your coursework looked at, keep redoing them until they have 100%.
Reply 3
Original post by azzy13
hi. im doing my english language exam on jan 2012 and i need help because i really want to get an A. can some please tell me how to revise for english lang. and how to get good grade. can u tell me what to do to get an A. at the moment i am on a B but i need an A. how can i achieve that.
also can some one suggest me any revision books that are good.

soz if i am asking to much question.

thanks alot azzy. =]
Oh **** in the hills, you must be joking. If that's how you write, you wouldn't have even got an E at my school.
Original post by Tootles
Oh **** in the hills, you must be joking. If that's how you write, you wouldn't have even got an E at my school.

How she writes and structures her sentences on the Internet -- a place known for a high degree of informality and anonymity -- is a fair and accurate representation of how she writes on her English Language paper?

Alrighty then, Language and Technology must not have been a well covered and taught area of study at your school.
Reply 5
Original post by Id and Ego seek
How she writes and structures her sentences on the Internet -- a place known for a high degree of informality and anonymity -- is a fair and accurate representation of how she writes on her English Language paper?

Alrighty then, Language and Technology must not have been a well covered and taught area of study at your school.
Given the stuff I've done and the communities I'm in, writing informally on the Internet seems thoroughly stupid. Also, someone who is that concerned about their English grade should be willing to work at it whenever they write.

Informal situations should never be cited as an excuse for poor grammar.
Original post by Tootles
Also, someone who is that concerned about their English grade should be willing to work at it whenever they write.

That's all you needed to say; you should save the banter for the Religion board :rolleyes:
Reply 7
That's all you needed to say; you should save the banter for the Religion board :rolleyes:
Excuse me, but this crap coming from a sixteen-year-old - are you still at school, yourself? Get back to me when you've matured enough to understand why I stick to my belief that people should take pride in their selves and make what they write clear by adhering to correct grammar.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Tootles
people should take pride in their selves and make what they write clear by adhering to correct grammar.

Haha, wait what? What "crap"? Me telling you to stop judging people by how they write on the Internet? I never even challenged your belief because I agree with you to an extent, but I don't think anyone can be judged on their intellectually and maturity by their lack of proper grammar use -- especially when they probably really don't care about using perfect grammar where it doesn't matter (to most, clearly not you).

Sorry if I've offended you but the misinformed assumptions weren't productive to the purpose and progression of this thread.
Original post by Tootles
Excuse me, but this crap coming from a sixteen-year-old - are you still at school, yourself? Get back to me when you've matured enough to understand why I stick to my belief that people should take pride in their selves and make what they write clear by adhering to correct grammar.

21 now & you're still wrong hoe
21 now & you're still wrong hoe

rofl 5 years ago
21 now & still a ****
Corrected it for you :rolleyes:

Waits five years to reply, bless your little heart.
Original post by Tootles
Corrected it for you :rolleyes:

Waits five years to reply, bless your little heart.

Lmao someone repped one of my
prevous comments today
I hope OP got an A*
i need help man i beg sum1 helps
need help pls
(edited 5 years ago)
Im doing an exam however im nit ding GCSE yet but got an English exam for 1:30 mins and i really wanna pass if anyone can help with my query pls do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending