The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Xero Xenith
I've heard the social life at Imperial is a bit meh, but dude, it's COWI. Don't miss your chance :smile:

Chew dat! Surely the social life can't vary THAT much??? I thought all London Unis share accommodation. You could end up next door to some really social kids from Brunel. :wink:
Original post by deejayy
Just got an offer from durham as well!

Original post by fGDu
I've got an offer from durham too, and oxford was quite an experience.

:O More Durham? I still haven't heard ... :s-smilie:

Congrats though =)
offers from lancaster and bath came through on UCAS today, i'm glad really as southampton was getting lonely, just waiting for my rejection from cambridge to comethrough and a decision from durham now
Original post by fGDu
I've got an offer from durham too, and oxford was quite an experience.

did I see you? :tongue:
Reply 3924
Original post by dnumberwang
did I see you? :tongue:

Yeah you saw my cards during that crazy game of snap lol
Assuming I get rejected from Camb. I have offers from UCL, Durham and Warwick. Do you think its a good idea to have firm - Warwick, Insurance - Durham... hmm
Original post by maths134
Assuming I get rejected from Camb. I have offers from UCL, Durham and Warwick. Do you think its a good idea to have firm - Warwick, Insurance - Durham... hmm

Yep as long as you're confident you can get A*AA, which you definitely should be :tongue:

Another problem would be anyone who gets Cambridge and Warwick... is it safe to have both depending on STEP, even if one is any 2 and the other is 1,1? :s-smilie:
Reply 3927
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Why Birmingham over Nottingham/Sheffield if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Good question! You're not the first one to ask... simply because I've found that Birmingham, as a city as well as university, offers a wider range of opportunities in terms of experience whilst at univ. I'm proposing to undertake a postgraduate in Actuarial Science after my undergrad in maths, and the "Big 4" have good foundations in Birmingham and I can see this as a great opportunity. Nonetheless Nottingham and Sheffield too are really good for Maths :smile: but I just got so drawn in by the academic vibe felt at Birmingham!!
Reply 3928
Original post by alfredtehbutler
When did you actually send your UCAS form off then?
Mine got sent from my reference to UCAS on the 29th November and I've only heard back from one so far.

I've applied for Bath, Bristol, Cardiff, Swansea and Glamorgan.

Mine got sent on the 9th November :smile: ...received my first offer on 18th November and my Last one on 7th December! :smile: I guess it varies from uni to uni on how long they take to reply, but nice choices! Good luck, i'm sure you'll get what you want!
Reply 3929
Original post by Rahul.S
cuz sox and jaykae go there :wink:

hahaha true that, where abouts you applying?
Yep as long as you're confident you can get A*AA, which you definitely should be :tongue:

Another problem would be anyone who gets Cambridge and Warwick... is it safe to have both depending on STEP, even if one is any 2 and the other is 1,1? :s-smilie:

This is probably not going to be a very useful response but: it depends on you.
Every year lots of people do firm Cambridge and insurance Warwick so it is doable. Personally, I wouldn't but who knows how I'd feel if I were to somehow get an offer from Cam.

If I got camb I would put that as firm (obv) and Durham as insurance. I just couldnt risk it all on STEP... I'm confident on the A-levels (A*A*A*A) but STEP is not certain for me... I mean I wouldnt be happy doing it...
Original post by smit1994
hahaha true that, where abouts you applying?

cambridge- Trinity, warwick, lse imperial and ucl

u? :smile:
Reply 3933
Original post by Rahul.S
cambridge- Trinity, warwick, lse imperial and ucl

u? :smile:

easy! nice one.. good luck man, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester & Aston! got all of em, gonna firm Birmingham now :smile: where bouts u from anyway?
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Chew dat! Surely the social life can't vary THAT much??? I thought all London Unis share accommodation. You could end up next door to some really social kids from Brunel. :wink:

next door to girls attending Brunel :sexface: :colone:
easy! nice one.. good luck man, Birmingham, Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester & Aston! got all of em, gonna firm Birmingham now :smile: where bouts u from anyway?

thanks g....good luck to you as well althought looks like your heading to your desired destination :tongue: Im fromt East London...you from Brum? :eek:
Reply 3936
Original post by Rahul.S
thanks g....good luck to you as well althought looks like your heading to your desired destination :tongue: Im fromt East London...you from Brum? :eek:

haha yeah no worries cuz, nah i'm from Leicester :smile: and where abouts in East London? you hindu as well? im guessing from the name, you probably cant tell from my name though!
haha yeah no worries cuz, nah i'm from Leicester :smile: and where abouts in East London? you hindu as well? im guessing from the name, you probably cant tell from my name though!

yh im hindu :colone: from ilford....i dont mind giving address....probably posted it before already....dont like it when fake kids of TSR try hyping :tongue:

I would never risk it. STEP can be too unpredictable. A-levels you know where you stand, sometimes there may be a STEP paper that just doesn't suit you and you fail miserably. Or even if you do 2 or 3 you just might bottom out for whatever reason.
Original post by hassi94
I would never risk it. STEP can be too unpredictable. A-levels you know where you stand, sometimes there may be a STEP paper that just doesn't suit you and you fail miserably. Or even if you do 2 or 3 you just might bottom out for whatever reason.

Good point... how about the AEA? I'm yet to try a full paper but 70+ seems pretty doable and gets you into Warwick :smile:

Latest