The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wow, where did all these posts come from!

Original post by greeneyedgirl
Gonna need to buy some seamless underwear though, rather tight on bottom. Gonna have to wobble through the party not just cos of heels!

:rofl:

Original post by Facticity
This thread is heading into a very gender specific one... :ninjagirl:

How is everyone tonight? :h:

Tired. Just about to go to bed actually. But have had a relatively good day, so can't complain! :smile:

Aha, soon this thread will be invaded by Non-Christians seeking more than just a chat :ninja2:

Why do you think I came here originally? We have a pretty good female:male ratio methinks :tongue: :ninja:

Original post by tasha96
All your schools offered Latin? :eek:
I'd love to learn that! Was it popular? I didn't think it was taught very much any more. :smile:

I did Latin up to GCSE as well, wish I'd kept it for A-Level though. Caecilius est in tablino. Servus est in horto. Matella est in atrio. :smile:

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I had the opportunity to hear her sing at the open mic night but got ill and had to flee the city quite quickly :frown:

:frown: :console:

Original post by Josiea
I want a onesie now :biggrin: !

My ear has gone bright red and is very much uncomfortably hot, and mum said I am probably getting an infection :frown::frown: If I get an ear infection now I'm going to stay in bed and be incredibly grumpy until it heals. And consume my body weight in satsumas. I just thought I would let everybody know :wink:

I wear a onesie now. Onesies are cool.
(Oh, and what I actually wanted to say: praying for you!)

Original post by sloanegirl
Why is there so much hate for Christians on this site. Most of us lead good lives and are known for that. It hurts me.

Anyway. What's happening? :wavey:

We've been talking about persecution and suffering a fair bit in here recently actually - we just finished an X-Soc study of 2 Timothy. You might find it interesting to read back through some of our thoughts - if you can find them in this massive spam-bucket of a thread! Anyway, I don't think we've met - so hi! :console:

Also, in regards to your other convo, everyone should love reading. Its a basic precursor to, well, life. I've never understood when people say they don't like to read, there is something out there for everyone and every kind of taste. :yep:

It sounds weird to say this but I'm perfectly fine with it. Books are a central part of my life. I honestly don't know what I'd do without having copious reading materials about!

Or is it top secret stuff? :ninja:

Did I tell you guys that I got to go on a submarine a couple of weeks back? :ninja:

EDIT: While I sit back and admire this feat of multi-quoting, I can't help noticing that a certain person hasn't been around much lately...

Lantana

Where are you m'dear? :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by EEngWillow
Did I tell you guys that I got to go on a submarine a couple of weeks back? :ninja:

EDIT: While I sit back and admire this feat of multi-quoting, I can't help noticing that a certain person hasn't been around much lately...

Lantana's away doing exams. Or something. I can't remember. But she said in PS Help coz she's a forum assistant and we have to tell people when we're unavailable :yes:

Was the submarine yellow? :awesome:
Lantana's away doing exams. Or something. I can't remember. But she said in PS Help coz she's a forum assistant and we have to tell people when we're unavailable :yes:

Was the submarine yellow? :awesome:

Oh. That'd explain it then I guess!

Sadly it wasn't. And even if it was, I'm not allowed to tell you. It's confidential! :tongue:
Oooh, what are you doing in government. Or is it top secret stuff? :ninja:

Nah- its a school trip to Holyrood! :biggrin: Sorry if I sounded like a spy there!

Night all!
Original post by tasha96
Nah- its a school trip to Holyrood! :biggrin: Sorry if I sounded like a spy there!

Night all!

Night! Sweet dreams.

I should really be heading off too. Good night folks.
Oh. That'd explain it then I guess!

Sadly it wasn't. And even if it was, I'm not allowed to tell you. It's confidential! :tongue:

:getmecoat:

Good night guys :hello:
Oooh, I like the sound of this Primark coat. That sounds promising for my search :awesome:

Indeed it does :smile: keeping me warm and pretty dry in Glasgow :yep:

O rly? :sly:

Awesome - about you being good :redface: Why have you decided to put it off? Well, its good to relax anyway.

I'm good. Just been working still, can't wait for Christmas break. So going to take my holiday pay during it so I can not bother doing any work when the school closes aha. Had Christmas dinner today, that was err... Interesting.
Lets just say, special needs primary kids can do a lot, school wide dinner and sweets, should not be on the list though :tongue:

Aha, soon this thread will be invaded by Non-Christians seeking more than just a chat :ninja2:

Sounds good. Send me some pizza, pweeasse? :puppyeyes:

Early night is always good though :yy:

How about you? I don't believe we've spoken before :ninja:

Or if we have, I apologise for forgetting :tongue:

Sorry didn't send you pizza was really tasty though!

Early night would be good, but just got back and should revise

Original post by d123
They don't do them in my size. :frown:

You're going to Taize? Exciting!!

Aww gutting :console:

Original post by sloanegirl
Why is there so much hate for Christians on this site. Most of us lead good lives and are known for that. It hurts me.

Anyway. What's happening? :wavey:

I always like to think they hate because they are threatened by our presence and unshakeable beliefs deep down. But y'know suffering is part of Christian life. You should read 2 Timothy, really short, great stuff about how AWESOME suffering is though :yep:

Original post by Millie_2951
Haha ooooh cool :smile: haha at the face :biggrin:

But I would refer to Scotland as home, Glasgow feels like home to me :yep:

I also know Swahili and Kikuyu as mother tongues :smug: People are always surprised when I say english is my third language. :tongue:

Na I'm not that clever, just hard working. :yes:

Aha, well in all honesty, I've done as much as I can to forget french because I hated it and my teacher was the meanest guy ever - pretty sure he was the reason I ended up hating it. :sadnod: I do not want to remember latin so don't try to get me to translate anything :colondollar: My spanish is still alright and my Italian yea - they're pretty similar anyway aha. Japanese I'm learning because I'm going abroad of course :biggrin:

Is it wrong that I really want to do a linguistic study on you? You must have an AMAZING range of phonemes :drool:

Wow, where did all these posts come from!

:rofl:

Tired. Just about to go to bed actually. But have had a relatively good day, so can't complain! :smile:

Why do you think I came here originally? We have a pretty good female:male ratio methinks :tongue: :ninja:

I did Latin up to GCSE as well, wish I'd kept it for A-Level though. Caecilius est in tablino. Servus est in horto. Matella est in atrio. :smile:

:frown: :console:

I wear a onesie now. Onesies are cool.
(Oh, and what I actually wanted to say: praying for you!)

We've been talking about persecution and suffering a fair bit in here recently actually - we just finished an X-Soc study of 2 Timothy. You might find it interesting to read back through some of our thoughts - if you can find them in this massive spam-bucket of a thread! Anyway, I don't think we've met - so hi! :console:

It sounds weird to say this but I'm perfectly fine with it. Books are a central part of my life. I honestly don't know what I'd do without having copious reading materials about!

Teehee I think I'm just about out-multi-quoting you :smug:

Christianity has way more females than males :sadnod:

Had a great final church youth group. Really sad cos two of our members are going back to home countries :frown: gonna miss them. But was great and looked at a really cool bit of the bible which I'll fill you guys in more on tomorrow, cos it was epic and I want to do it justice :yep:
SATS are cancelled now aren't they? :mute:

My little sister is still doing them AFAIK, I've been employed by my mum to tutor her so she doesn't end up in the bottom set. I never did them, myself, we moved to Scotland in the nick of time :tongue:

Teehee I think I'm just about out-multi-quoting you :smug:

Christianity has way more females than males :sadnod:

Had a great final church youth group. Really sad cos two of our members are going back to home countries :frown: gonna miss them. But was great and looked at a really cool bit of the bible which I'll fill you guys in more on tomorrow, cos it was epic and I want to do it justice :yep:

Depends how you're measuring, but I had 9 quote boxes (not including the Lantana summoning quote), you only had 7... :smug:

I'm not complaining on that count... :yep:

We want to hear all about it, but not until after your exam! I'm going to be very cross with you if I see you on here before you're done. *Prepares chastisement face*
Sad to hear about your memberss going home! :console:

EDIT: Oh you're already online. Oh go on then, stay for a while... :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Depends how you're measuring, but I had 9 quote boxes (not including the Lantana summoning quote), you only had 7... :smug:

I'm not complaining on that count... :yep:

We want to hear all about it, but not until after your exam! I'm going to be very cross with you if I see you on here before you're done. *Prepares chastisement face*
Sad to hear about your memberss going home! :console:

EDIT: Oh you're already online. Oh go on then, stay for a while... :tongue:

Mine were longer quotes and were more individual people iirc :tongue:

I'll complain on that count. Can't marry non Christians yet too few Christian men around. GRRR.

Oh dear, I don't like your chastisement face! But I woke up at 8:30 so that I could doss on here AND revise!

EDIT: OH and maybe have eggy bread :ahee:
Mine were longer quotes and were more individual people iirc :tongue:

I'll complain on that count. Can't marry non Christians yet too few Christian men around. GRRR.

Oh dear, I don't like your chastisement face! But I woke up at 8:30 so that I could doss on here AND revise!

EDIT: OH and maybe have eggy bread :ahee:

Yours were longer quotes because I went through and (mostly) trimmed out the parts I wasn't replying to for user-friendliness. You just leave it all there! (Your first Facticity quote, and mine, for example)

Awww. You'll meet the right one eventually. Maybe you already know him and just don't know it? :yep:

Oh well that's ok then. I'll let you off! :smile:

Eggy bread is good. :yep: :woo:
Yours were longer quotes because I went through and (mostly) trimmed out the parts I wasn't replying to for user-friendliness. You just leave it all there! (Your first Facticity quote, and mine, for example)

Awww. You'll meet the right one eventually. Maybe you already know him and just don't know it? :yep:

Oh well that's ok then. I'll let you off! :smile:

Eggy bread is good. :yep: :woo:

Shhhhh let me say I beat you. It will be a confidence boost for the exam.

Perhaps, God knows at least :yep:

It is good, and I'm pretty sure I've got eggs I need to use up, this would normally occur through a cake, but going home soon...
Shhhhh let me say I beat you. It will be a confidence boost for the exam.

Perhaps, God knows at least :yep:

It is good, and I'm pretty sure I've got eggs I need to use up, this would normally occur through a cake, but going home soon...

Fine! You win, this round. But only because I'm feeling generous this morning.

:yep: He always knows. I wish he was more forthcoming with said knowledge sometimes...

You could just eat the whole cake before you come back... :ahee:
Fine! You win, this round. But only because I'm feeling generous this morning.

:yep: He always knows. I wish he was more forthcoming with said knowledge sometimes...

You could just eat the whole cake before you come back... :ahee:

Good...cos I'm feeling nervous as anything. Looked at a past paper last night before going to bed with headache...really don't think can answer the majority of it even though I attended all the lectures :s

Yeah twould be nice :rolleyes:

Ooo that's true...as I'm going to Tesco to get chicken, I could always see if they've got brown sugar and if so bake my brownies again...would make nice after Christmas dinner desert, plus transportable on train home very easily! Right I'm gonna revise for a bit...shout at me if I'm on here pre 10 please :yep:
Good...cos I'm feeling nervous as anything. Looked at a past paper last night before going to bed with headache...really don't think can answer the majority of it even though I attended all the lectures :s

Yeah twould be nice :rolleyes:

Ooo that's true...as I'm going to Tesco to get chicken, I could always see if they've got brown sugar and if so bake my brownies again...would make nice after Christmas dinner desert, plus transportable on train home very easily! Right I'm gonna revise for a bit...shout at me if I'm on here pre 10 please :yep:

Don't be nervous :smile: You'll be fine, you've got a while to revise yet... plus we're all still praying for you!

Ooooooooor, save the baking until you're back in the south... *Selfish-face* :yep:

Will do! /me wonders if he should do some work for a while...
Don't be nervous :smile: You'll be fine, you've got a while to revise yet... plus we're all still praying for you!

Ooooooooor, save the baking until you're back in the south... *Selfish-face* :yep:

Will do! /me wonders if he should do some work for a while...

Yeah but when it takes 45 mins for me to read all my notes (seriously, over 40 flashcards...) I won't have time to read them all again (gotta shower, go to greggs, meet friend, find exam room)

Ha ha but I can't really transport eggs on a squished train journey which lasts over 7 hours...

You can work while I work, which means after 3pm today you don't have to work till January :ahee:
:tumble:
Yeah but when it takes 45 mins for me to read all my notes (seriously, over 40 flashcards...) I won't have time to read them all again (gotta shower, go to greggs, meet friend, find exam room)

Ha ha but I can't really transport eggs on a squished train journey which lasts over 7 hours...

You can work while I work, which means after 3pm today you don't have to work till January :ahee:
:tumble:

Hmm. Point taken. Finding the exam room is quite essential...

Hmm. Plan adaptation. You make delicious goodies to celebrate the end of exams, and then you make MORE delicious goodies in the South. :yep:

I can totally roll with that plan! :biggrin:
Hmm. Point taken. Finding the exam room is quite essential...

Hmm. Plan adaptation. You make delicious goodies to celebrate the end of exams, and then you make MORE delicious goodies in the South. :yep:

I can totally roll with that plan! :biggrin:

Right just practised one section of the exam (the section where I pretty much need to be able to translate Old English into Present Day English as well as recognising verb endings, noun endings, adjective endings, stresses etc. and got it all right, had to check flashcards a few times but still.
Just got to remember Masculine Type 1 nouns and Neuter nouns = 'e's and 'es's, Feminine Nouns = 'e's or 'a's, Masculine Type 2 Nouns = 'a's and 'an's
Highly simplified but should just about cover me. Plus Dative plural for all of them is 'um'

Ha ha well I make an epic chocolate log each year for my dad (his birthday = 27th) tempted to enter it into the cake competition...

YAY
Right just practised one section of the exam (the section where I pretty much need to be able to translate Old English into Present Day English as well as recognising verb endings, noun endings, adjective endings, stresses etc. and got it all right, had to check flashcards a few times but still.
Just got to remember Masculine Type 1 nouns and Neuter nouns = 'e's and 'es's, Feminine Nouns = 'e's or 'a's, Masculine Type 2 Nouns = 'a's and 'an's
Highly simplified but should just about cover me. Plus Dative plural for all of them is 'um'

Ha ha well I make an epic chocolate log each year for my dad (his birthday = 27th) tempted to enter it into the cake competition...

YAY

See? I told you everything was fine...

:biggrin: I'm doing dessert for our Christmas dinner this year. I'm planning on doing my chocolate roulade, making some form of chocolate ganache to go with it and then adding my brandy snaps. All I need to do now is actually learn how to make the brandy snaps. That's this weekend's project, which I'm looking forward to.

It seems like you do sometimes have good ideas... :tongue:
See? I told you everything was fine...

:biggrin: I'm doing dessert for our Christmas dinner this year. I'm planning on doing my chocolate roulade, making some form of chocolate ganache to go with it and then adding my brandy snaps. All I need to do now is actually learn how to make the brandy snaps. That's this weekend's project, which I'm looking forward to.

It seems like you do sometimes have good ideas... :tongue:

That's one section out of 4...can't do the other sections at all :colondollar:

Ooo sounds yummy :tongue: you know you totally want to share some :yep:

I do indeed.

Latest

Trending

Trending