The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by Milan.
in addition to the jpmorgan, credit suisse and morgan stanley tests i did yesterday

i now have

deutsche bank, nomura, UBS and BarCap tests to do in the next 6 days

haaate tests!

also

HSBC rejection... lol

You should group all the SHL and kenexa tests together because you may get repeat questions (i did)
Reply 921
Original post by Milan.
in addition to the jpmorgan, credit suisse and morgan stanley tests i did yesterday

i now have

deutsche bank, nomura, UBS and BarCap tests to do in the next 6 days

haaate tests!

also

HSBC rejection... lol

thats a lot of tests! ive got to deutsche tooo do you know if its shl or kenexa?

also do you need to submit a cover letter for barcap and UBS?

:smile:
Original post by eco1234
thats a lot of tests! ive got to deutsche tooo do you know if its shl or kenexa?

Not for UBS, they just ask 4 questions: "Why UBS?, "Why do you suit this programme?", "What is the achievement you are most proud of?" and "Any other information to enhance your application?" They all have 1000 character limits - did it yesterday :P

Don't know about BarCap, not done it yet.
(edited 12 years ago)
do you know which of the following ones do telephone interviews for SW?

BNP
HBSC
DB
Barclays
GS
UBS

they are the only ones for which one can still apply
Reply 924
Original post by Outsanity
Not for UBS, they just ask 4 questions: "Why UBS?, "Why do you suit this programme?", "What is the achievement you are most proud of?" and "Any other information to enhance your application?" They all have 1000 character limits - did it yesterday :P

Don't know about BarCap, not done it yet.

ok thanks very much!

do you know what type of test deutsche is? and have you applied to hsbc, do they need a cover letter? as i know they are 2 competency questions...
Original post by eco1234
ok thanks very much!

do you know what type of test deutsche is? and have you applied to hsbc, do they need a cover letter? as i know they are 2 competency questions...

Sorry, haven't done DB yet and I'm just about to do HSBC today, so we'll see hopefully!
Reply 926
Original post by moritzplatz
do you know which of the following ones do telephone interviews for SW?

BNP
HBSC
DB
Barclays
GS
UBS

they are the only ones for which one can still apply

GS/UBS give offers off the online applications - at least they did last year iirc.
HSBC definitely telephone interview.
Reply 927
Original post by miml
GS/UBS give offers off the online applications - at least they did last year iirc.

dont gs interview?
Original post by LawQC
dont gs interview?

Only for securities not IBD
Reply 929
Original post by miml
People who have Nomura tests, when did you apply? Haven't heard anything from them and it's been 3 weeks

log onto the application thingy and check it, im not sure if i recieved an email or anything, i just saw it on the application centre

Original post by mcp2
You should group all the SHL and kenexa tests together because you may get repeat questions (i did)

yeah i sort of did for the first lot, but now ive on the verge of giving up on trying on these tests!!
yeah there were many repeats actually

Original post by eco1234

not sure if DB is shl or kenexa... ill find out tomorrow

no there wasnt any cover letters for either, just competency questions
Original post by dogmatichurricane

People may be inclined to think that makes it easier with no grilling interviews but imo it might mean it's harder for non-target uni students to get in if they're just being judged by the black and white CV. What do you think?
Reply 931

are you certain of this?

Are there not even phone interviews?
Original post by Marc Fiorano
People may be inclined to think that makes it easier with no grilling interviews but imo it might mean it's harder for non-target uni students to get in if they're just being judged by the black and white CV. What do you think?

Yea I guess it does make it harder for non-target uni students. GS are quite snobby from what I have experienced at presentations. Not having interviews saves them a lot of manpower and time.

I'm applying for Securities though which has a proper face-to-face interview in London. Actually now that you say so I might have increased my chances applying for IBD instead because I am quite solid on paper (CV and uni wise). Oh well, trading seems a lot more exciting.

Honestly though - I would choose to work at MS/DB/CS over Goldman any day. I really liked their events and found them a lot more interested in recruiting than GS. JP is somewhere in between at the moment.
Original post by LawQC
are you certain of this?

Are there not even phone interviews?

Very certain about this. I have a couple of friends who did spring weeks last year in IBD. I think GS are the only ones who pay spring interns as well.
Reply 934
Very certain about this. I have a couple of friends who did spring weeks last year in IBD. I think GS are the only ones who pay spring interns as well.

so i;m assuming cv and cover letter are crucial for gs?

Do you know how else they judge?
Original post by miml

thanks!
that's bad since i'm in italy atm....maybe they can call me on my home phone...mh
btw i think there are other steps before the interview so i don't have to worry too much now :biggrin:
Reply 936
Original post by miml

No GS interview for IBD - see here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1344391&highlight=goldman+sachs+spring+week&page=83
Reply 937
do we definitely not have to attach a cover letter for hsbc?? I uploaded my cv and then it lets you upload more documents....
Reply 938
Original post by Milan.
not sure if DB is shl or kenexa... ill find out tomorrow

kenexa, the nice one.

hmmm strange definitely inconsistent from what I heard.

Anyhow, good job finding that!

Also if anyone is interested MS's selection process is:

Numerical --> Phone interview ---> Assessment Centre.

Latest

Trending

Trending