The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 940
how long does it take DB to get back to you after the numerical? apparently they reject lots of people, even if they passed the numerical, quite soon after?
Reply 941
Original post by lilly xx
how long does it take DB to get back to you after the numerical? apparently they reject lots of people, even if they passed the numerical, quite soon after?

It's been over a week for moi.
Original post by lilly xx

Their intake is usually around 10 interns a year, so yeah I imagine they end up rejecting a huge number of top candidates.
Gonna take my first numerical test soon.

Argh, not looking forward to it.
Reply 944
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Their intake is usually around 10 interns a year, so yeah I imagine they end up rejecting a huge number of top candidates.

So I assume that those who make it into the Spring programme will more than likely do their summer intern at DB and then work there? Seems like they're already moulding people from now.

Original post by Michael XYZ
Gonna take my first numerical test soon.

Argh, not looking forward to it.

Treat the practice test as a real test and see how fast you can do it :smile:
Reply 945
when you're answering questions such as 'your responsibilties in your role at a certain job' is it ok to just bullet point??
Reply 946
Original post by eco1234
when you're answering questions such as 'your responsibilties in your role at a certain job' is it ok to just bullet point??

I do, no other real way to write it is there?
Well some of the practice tests are way too easy, I'm assuming, compared to the real thing. I just did a Kenexa one but that was 1000000x easier than SHL for example.

Will just try a real one and see what's up. Hopefully I'll get better as I go along so that I do decent enough to get an interview or two.
Reply 948
Original post by mcp2
I do, no other real way to write it is there?

no other than in pros which takes up a lot of space.

just checking :biggrin: thanks for the reply

also im basically referring to Nomura here, they ask for your 'primary responsibilities' is it ok to say what you learnt eg:

I served customers therefore I have excellent communication skills.
???

not quite like that but just an example :P
Reply 949
Original post by eco1234
no other than in pros which takes up a lot of space.

just checking :biggrin: thanks for the reply

also im basically referring to Nomura here, they ask for your 'primary responsibilities' is it ok to say what you learnt eg:

I served customers therefore I have excellent communication skills.
???

not quite like that but just an example :P

Uhm I would put what you learnt in your cover letter, like in a little section saying why you're good for this "role"
Reply 950
Original post by mcp2
Uhm I would put what you learnt in your cover letter, like in a little section saying why you're good for this "role"

ok so you just basically list i did this this and this. not i did this and built up good communication skills...
Reply 951
Original post by eco1234
ok so you just basically list i did this this and this. not i did this and built up good communication skills...

Yep
Original post by dogmatichurricane
Only for securities not IBD

Yea I guess it does make it harder for non-target uni students. GS are quite snobby from what I have experienced at presentations. Not having interviews saves them a lot of manpower and time.

I'm applying for Securities though which has a proper face-to-face interview in London. Actually now that you say so I might have increased my chances applying for IBD instead because I am quite solid on paper (CV and uni wise). Oh well, trading seems a lot more exciting.

Honestly though - I would choose to work at MS/DB/CS over Goldman any day. I really liked their events and found them a lot more interested in recruiting than GS. JP is somewhere in between at the moment.

Are you sure about that? My friend in the second year who did GS Spring Week had a proper interview for IBD and they asked him quite a few technical questions :s-smilie:

On the other hand does anyone know what happens if we put IBD and Securities as your first or second choice etc?
Yea I guess it does make it harder for non-target uni students. GS are quite snobby from what I have experienced at presentations. Not having interviews saves them a lot of manpower and time.

I'm applying for Securities though which has a proper face-to-face interview in London. Actually now that you say so I might have increased my chances applying for IBD instead because I am quite solid on paper (CV and uni wise). Oh well, trading seems a lot more exciting.

Honestly though - I would choose to work at MS/DB/CS over Goldman any day. I really liked their events and found them a lot more interested in recruiting than GS. JP is somewhere in between at the moment.

Really? GS and MS are the least snobby IB's that I have encountered.
They're all snobby.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Really? GS and MS are the least snobby IB's that I have encountered.

MS had 25 analysts/associates and 2 MDs for their firm-wide presentation. GS had 5 analysts/associates and 5 spring/summer interns for their's. MS had their presentation in a hotel banquet room, GS had their's in a museum.
Original post by sportycricketer
Are you sure about that? My friend in the second year who did GS Spring Week had a proper interview for IBD and they asked him quite a few technical questions :s-smilie:

On the other hand does anyone know what happens if we put IBD and Securities as your first or second choice etc?

Check LawQC's link on the previous page - as it turns out there were interviews for IBD, will re-check with my sources once...maybe he was an anomaly or he hadn't applied for IBD.

Not sure about that.....I was tempted to put IBD as a second choice after Securities but decided I didn't have much to say about it in my cover letter so just left it with one choice.
Check LawQC's link on the previous page - as it turns out there were interviews for IBD, will re-check with my sources once...maybe he was an anomaly or he hadn't applied for IBD.

Not sure about that.....I was tempted to put IBD as a second choice after Securities but decided I didn't have much to say about it in my cover letter so just left it with one choice.

What if we do decide to put that on? IBD and Sales have similar skills like negotiation, communication etc? Couldn't you associate both of them together or they might think someone is indecisive?
Reply 958
nice of BNP Paribas to include us 20 year olds!!

Reply 959
is UBS's insight scheme division specific? do we have to choose a division??

the comp question asks why we are best suited to this division but i didnt think i'd chosen a division...

Latest

Trending

Trending