The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Email from East Anglia

I received this email from East Anglia on the 23rd of November saying:

'Thank you for your application to study at the University of East Anglia. This is a prestigious and competitive programme with a limited number of spaces. As such, some applicants will be considered as part of a gathered field. This will ensure that your application will receive equal academic consideration, taking into account your personal statement and reference.'

Just wondered if anyone else has had one and what it actually means, its been a while since they sent the email and nothing has changed yet?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
If you are unsure as to what it means phone up and ask I'm sure they will be happy to answer you :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
r-e-j-
e-c-t-e-d

rejected

you just got rejecteddddddddddddddddddddddd

just kidding
Reply 3
I didn't receive this email - but the again I applied for international development which isn't a competitive course. I think what they are saying is that, the course you applied for has a lot of other applicants from other candidates - thus the process time will be longer as they are taking their time, and considering all applicants! Good luck :smile:
Yes, I too have this email. I think it means they're going to wait until all the applications are in until making any decisions...a kind of 'you'll do but we'll wait and see if anyone better comes along' type thing.
Hopefully we're still in with a chance though :smile:
Reply 5
I'm assuming this was what they sent you as an acknowledgement right? I submitted my UCAS two days ago and just yesterday they sent me their acknowledgment, but it read:

Dear Philip

I am pleased to inform you that we have received your application at the University of East Anglia.

We are now considering your application. Due to the high volume of applications received it may take some time to process. We ask for your patience and will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

I think LuckyBlackCat7 is right though-- they're just waiting for other applicants because yours may be a very competitive course this year.
Reply 6
Original post by mintaltoids
I'm assuming this was what they sent you as an acknowledgement right? I submitted my UCAS two days ago and just yesterday they sent me their acknowledgment, but it read:

Dear Philip

I am pleased to inform you that we have received your application at the University of East Anglia.

We are now considering your application. Due to the high volume of applications received it may take some time to process. We ask for your patience and will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

I think LuckyBlackCat7 is right though-- they're just waiting for other applicants because yours may be a very competitive course this year.

No they sent me this email a week or so after my acknowledgement email from them the one that you have received. They still haven't said anything yet so fingers crossed they'll reply soon.
Reply 7
Worry over, I got a reply today saying I got a conditional offer, super happy about that :smile: Putting it as my first choice and Leicester as my second.
Reply 8
Original post by hay200
Worry over, I got a reply today saying I got a conditional offer, super happy about that :smile: Putting it as my first choice and Leicester as my second.

Congratulations to you then! I just received an offer for Bio Sci as well :smile: Although I'm still waiting for other universities to reply before making my final decision.
Reply 9
Original post by mintaltoids
Congratulations to you then! I just received an offer for Bio Sci as well :smile: Although I'm still waiting for other universities to reply before making my final decision.

Thank you! Well done to you too :smile: Ooh where else are you applying? Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending