The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Where else have people applied to?

Need to apply to HSBC and possibly ICAP if the deadline hasn't passed for either of them.
Does anybody know what the "General" sub-division is for the GS IB division? I'm interested in their ECM part of the Finance sub-division and their main IB sub-division so I'd like to take a look at both if that's what this means?

I tried contacting their campus recruiting team but they didn't answer my question properly.
Ouch, both of the RBS tests were vastly harder than any other I've done so far.
Reply 1063
isnt rbs a really bad bank - since its nationalised.....
Well they're definitely not doing well.

"How do we differentiate ourselves from our competitors?" Err, how about you kinda suck a lot.
Reply 1065
Original post by Michael XYZ
Ouch, both of the RBS tests were vastly harder than any other I've done so far.

Are they logical and numerical tests?

How are they much harder than shl is it the time limit or the actual calculations you need to do?
Original post by eco1234
Are they logical and numerical tests?

How are they much harder than shl is it the time limit or the actual calculations you need to do?

The logical test is a complete mind-****. As I said, if I got like 2 correct I'd be happy.

The numerical test wasn't that bad but I messed up a little. It was harder than the SHL though. It's 'cause they only give you a certain amount of time per question so the easy ones you get in seconds but then the harder ones you still only have the same amount of time.
Reply 1067
Didn't get a numerical for RBS... did you apply for GBM Banking?
Original post by miml

neither did I :eek:
Reply 1069
Heya, sorry for being stupid, but does anyone have the direct link to the BOAML application (granted if it has not yet passed). Have yet to apply to RBS, BOAML, DB and BNPP.

Would appreciate it! Cheers
Original post by miml

Original post by viksta1000
neither did I :eek:

Anyone else got one? Hmm, probably didn't do so well but enough for them to want another look maybe?

Edit: GBM Markets.
(edited 12 years ago)
What system is Barcap and UBS operated on? Kenexa or SHL?
Original post by sportycricketer
What system is Barcap and UBS operated on? Kenexa or SHL?

both SHL. Both are easy tests, but watch out for the BarCap verbal - like all verbals, its slightly tricky!
Reply 1073
Original post by natashabedford
both SHL. Both are easy tests, but watch out for the BarCap verbal - like all verbals, its slightly tricky!

hey - i did barcap verbal today - wot do u think you got? Do you know when they let us know whether we have been successful?

Thanks
If we applied in the past 3 weeks, and havent heard anything from any bank (after doing relevant tests) is that bad news or completely normal?

ALSO, has anyone got a GS test? I havent... :s
Reply 1075
If we applied in the past 3 weeks, and havent heard anything from any bank (after doing relevant tests) is that bad news or completely normal?

I think there really is a possibility that they DON'T HAVE tests.
Reply 1076

I've heard very little from the places I applied to 3 weeks ago. In fact only have had interviews or scheduled interviews for places I applied to exactly a month ago.
Reply 1077
Original post by miml
I've heard very little from the places I applied to 3 weeks ago. In fact only have had interviews or scheduled interviews for places I applied to exactly a month ago.

where have u had interviews and scheduled interviews from?
Original post by miml

Which places did you get interviews/scheduled interview for? And how did they go (so far)?
Reply 1079
Which places did you get interviews/scheduled interview for? And how did they go (so far)?

Original post by LawQC
where have u had interviews and scheduled interviews from?

By interviews I mean 2 lol. Jane Street which is for summer internship earlier this week (and another next week). And HSBC next week.

Latest

Trending

Trending