The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EEngWillow
The first is fairly obscure. The latter is a bit more widely read... :tongue:
Ephesians is goooood :yep:

I haven't done much Pauline reading (except our recent Bible study, of course :awesome: ) :nah: Must get round to that sometime. Maybe I should make it one of my (many) New Year's resolutions :biggrin:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I haven't done much Pauline reading (except our recent Bible study, of course :awesome: ) :nah: Must get round to that sometime. Maybe I should make it one of my (many) New Year's resolutions :biggrin:

Paul wrote good letters :yep: Anyway, time for lights out! Otherwise I'll never get to sleep lol.
I'm not entirely sure where I'm getting this idea from, but I think you really have a thing for kilts. :tongue:

Nor me!

Ha ha got to dance with a few guys in kilts tonight.

Only drank 1 alcoholic drink. Came home early too so I can be productive tomorrow. Pissed at flatmate. Before going she said "Oh I'm not drinking." This then changed to "drinking in moderation." She's been smashed since about 10pm and incoherent. And for once I was really mean and just left her. Probably shouldn't have done it, but I spend 90% of my nights looking after her, making sure she's safe and for once I just wanted to enjoy myself.

Original post by d123
I think GEG and I had the same motivation for applying to Glasgow. There's a lot more kilts around these parts than in England!

My friend and I were discussing our 'types' or ideal guys, and I mentioned gingerness, gorgeous accents and kilts. She just laughed at me. I think kilts is something most of my friends are agreed on, the gingerness seems to be just me.

Theme wasn't Doctor Who...was Star Wars...looked amazing though, nothing like GUU! Bands were really good!

Original post by Josiea
Just a random question: does anyone have any advice on how to choose your firm choice university? I reeeally can't choose :frown: I'm at a complete tie between three and they each have positive and negative points!
I think I like Glasgow most in terms of overall, but the course looked really good at Nottingham and Leeds had a lovely city and an amazing course (apart from the fact I want to do an industrial year and it doesn't become a masters there but does at all my other choices). I'm getting very worked up about it even though I have ages left to choose :frown:
Thought all of you very knowledgeable and lovely people might be able to help :wink: :adore:

GLASGOW GLASGOW GLASGOW *cough*

Seriously do visit the open days, when I visited Glasgow I really wasn't sure about it, didn't know anything, came away loving it. Even though it rained continually and I had to buy new shoes mine were so wet, I fell in love. The next day was Edinburgh open day, just didn't compare.

"commited" but "vaguely practising" Christian. I like that. Might have to adopt that description for myself :cool:

:yep:
Congrats about only drinking one alcoholic drink :yay: Your friend should be alright to look after herself. Or if not, someone will take pity on her. It's not fair for her to expect you to be there all the time to mop up the mess :no:
Congrats about only drinking one alcoholic drink :yay: Your friend should be alright to look after herself. Or if not, someone will take pity on her. It's not fair for her to expect you to be there all the time to mop up the mess :no:

Mess is very much an understatement where she is concerned. VERY MUCH.

I know, alcohol really no longer has the allure it used to have for me. Which is why my alcohol tolerance has really dropped. This one drink does have 4 units in, but that was enough to make me happy :yep:

Also guy in theory is less confusing and unreliable now. We'll see at 8pm tomorrow.
Reply 9725
Original post by greeneyedgirl

Only drank 1 alcoholic drink. Came home early too so I can be productive tomorrow. Pissed at flatmate. Before going she said "Oh I'm not drinking." This then changed to "drinking in moderation." She's been smashed since about 10pm and incoherent. And for once I was really mean and just left her. Probably shouldn't have done it, but I spend 90% of my nights looking after her, making sure she's safe and for once I just wanted to enjoy myself.

Theme wasn't Doctor Who...was Star Wars...looked amazing though, nothing like GUU! Bands were really good!

Seriously do visit the open days, when I visited Glasgow I really wasn't sure about it, didn't know anything, came away loving it. Even though it rained continually and I had to buy new shoes mine were so wet, I fell in love. The next day was Edinburgh open day, just didn't compare.

:yep:

Star Wars is my second favourite thing after Doctor Who! Hope you had a good night despite your flatmate :frown: My best friend left cheesy early, she's having lots of family issues (prayers please?) but I stayed out with a couple of our other friends who are two of the best guys in the world.
Reply 9726
Can i have prayers please, im going home today which will take about 6 hours so could do with prayers for a safe journey with no delays :smile:

So all things considered, still a good night? You did dance with men in kilts, who I can only assume were gorgeous. :tongue:
I don't blame you. You shouldn't have to look after somebody nearly every time you go out... this is you celebrating the end of exams and stuff, you should be allowed to enjoy yourself for once! I'm sure she'll be fine anyway, although her head might work when she wakes up - deservedly. :console:

Star Wars is a pretty cool theme though. It's nowhere near Doctor Who, but I could roll with SW.

Haha. Called it! :tongue:

Mess is very much an understatement where she is concerned. VERY MUCH.

I know, alcohol really no longer has the allure it used to have for me. Which is why my alcohol tolerance has really dropped. This one drink does have 4 units in, but that was enough to make me happy :yep:

Also guy in theory is less confusing and unreliable now. We'll see at 8pm tomorrow.

I've barely touched any alcohol since I started my placement, and excluding my long weekend away in August, haven't drank more than 2 pints in a single sitting... :s
Does "happy" still mean "tipsy"? :tongue:

Hmm. Well, good luck with guy.

Original post by 22KT22
Can i have prayers please

Original post by d123
(prayers please?)

Certainly! :smile:
Prayers said :smile:
Original post by d123
Star Wars is my second favourite thing after Doctor Who! Hope you had a good night despite your flatmate :frown: My best friend left cheesy early, she's having lots of family issues (prayers please?) but I stayed out with a couple of our other friends who are two of the best guys in the world.

Prayers indeed :yep:

Glad cheesy was good :yep:

Original post by 22KT22
Can i have prayers please, im going home today which will take about 6 hours so could do with prayers for a safe journey with no delays :smile:

Praying for you :yep:

So all things considered, still a good night? You did dance with men in kilts, who I can only assume were gorgeous. :tongue:
I don't blame you. You shouldn't have to look after somebody nearly every time you go out... this is you celebrating the end of exams and stuff, you should be allowed to enjoy yourself for once! I'm sure she'll be fine anyway, although her head might work when she wakes up - deservedly. :console:

Star Wars is a pretty cool theme though. It's nowhere near Doctor Who, but I could roll with SW.

Haha. Called it! :tongue:

I've barely touched any alcohol since I started my placement, and excluding my long weekend away in August, haven't drank more than 2 pints in a single sitting... :s
Does "happy" still mean "tipsy"? :tongue:

Hmm. Well, good luck with guy.

Certainly! :smile:

It was a good night, not as good as I'd hoped, cos apart from drama with my flatmate, we'd gone with another flat as well and let's just say none of that flat are really speaking to each other at the minute that's how bad their drama is. So that really did put a downer on the evening too. My flatmate (according to her fb) doesn't remember any of daft friday, not surprised there. Haven't left room yet as only just woken up but I hope she's left a note apologising for last night (she's already gone home this morning).

Happy did indeed mean tipsy. I just don't see the point in alcohol, I mean I'll have wine with meals, always willing to have champagne, and if I'm going to the pub I'll have a Koppaberg or two, but just no point in drinking lol!

I hope things do too, I hope he bothers to show up, and I hope we have a good catch up. I also hope that this afternoon I manage to get all my Christmas shopping done :tongue:
Original post by Josiea
the accent, nobody could hate Katie Morag!
ummm brownies :biggrin: and bigg cookies :biggrin: and most things edible :smile:

People hate Scottish accents!!! :eek:
:ninja: :vroam:

Thankyou! I'll definetly make fudge brownies. And perhaps some kind of cupcake...
I find it really difficult to understand some Scottish accents, due to my hearing problem :o:
I find it really difficult to understand some Scottish accents, due to my hearing problem :o:

Perfectly understandble. :biggrin:
There's a lot of accents people from other parts of Scotland don't understand!

It was a good night, not as good as I'd hoped, cos apart from drama with my flatmate, we'd gone with another flat as well and let's just say none of that flat are really speaking to each other at the minute that's how bad their drama is. So that really did put a downer on the evening too. My flatmate (according to her fb) doesn't remember any of daft friday, not surprised there. Haven't left room yet as only just woken up but I hope she's left a note apologising for last night (she's already gone home this morning).

Happy did indeed mean tipsy. I just don't see the point in alcohol, I mean I'll have wine with meals, always willing to have champagne, and if I'm going to the pub I'll have a Koppaberg or two, but just no point in drinking lol!

I hope things do too, I hope he bothers to show up, and I hope we have a good catch up. I also hope that this afternoon I manage to get all my Christmas shopping done :tongue:

Ooooh, drama-riffic. Was there a note?
I got woken up at 10am this morning by my dad shouting "HURRY THE **** UP I'M BURNING MY HANDS OFF HERE". Upon investigation, our nan somehow managed to cause the radiator in her room to spray boiling water everywhere, and dad was holding it back with his hands...Sigh. We usually make it until at least Sunday afternoon before mum and/or dad start arguing with her.

Nor do I these days. Most of the alcohol I buy tends to end up as a flavouring for my food...

Sounds great! If it turns up. You've doing the shopping early aren't you?! I haven't even started :tongue:
Ooooh, drama-riffic. Was there a note?
I got woken up at 10am this morning by my dad shouting "HURRY THE **** UP I'M BURNING MY HANDS OFF HERE". Upon investigation, our nan somehow managed to cause the radiator in her room to spray boiling water everywhere, and dad was holding it back with his hands...Sigh. We usually make it until at least Sunday afternoon before mum and/or dad start arguing with her.

Nor do I these days. Most of the alcohol I buy tends to end up as a flavouring for my food...

Sounds great! If it turns up. You've doing the shopping early aren't you?! I haven't even started :tongue:

Still haven't left my room :colondollar:

:rofl: I shouldn't laugh but that is impressive skills by your nan! At a party once one of my friends fell and somehow pulled a whole radiator off a wall...awkward!

Just done all the shopping on Amazon, payed a tenner for delivery (:eek:) but at least my family will get presents now! Also this means I can stay in flat and tidy today rather than having to face the masses while shopping on icey streets.
My sister's present has arrived: Grey's Anatomy Season 5 :awesome: Am gonna give her some money too. My dad's present (a medical chain for his diabetes) should be on its way.

We're at a loss for my big sister and my mum though :s-smilie:
Still haven't left my room :colondollar:

:rofl: I shouldn't laugh but that is impressive skills by your nan! At a party once one of my friends fell and somehow pulled a whole radiator off a wall...awkward!

Just done all the shopping on Amazon, payed a tenner for delivery (:eek:) but at least my family will get presents now! Also this means I can stay in flat and tidy today rather than having to face the masses while shopping on icey streets.

Don't worry - I've only been out of my room once today and that was for the investigation. Should probably shower and all that stuff at some point before mum gets home with the shopping! :colondollar:

That's amazing. :rofl:

My sister's present has arrived: Grey's Anatomy Season 5 :awesome: Am gonna give her some money too. My dad's present (a medical chain for his diabetes) should be on its way.

Nice. Yeah...I don't know what I'm doing. Vouchers for all I imagine.

My brother was useless, didn't tell me anything he wanted...

Don't worry - I've only been out of my room once today and that was for the investigation. Should probably shower and all that stuff at some point before mum gets home with the shopping! :colondollar:

That's amazing. :rofl:

Nice. Yeah...I don't know what I'm doing. Vouchers for all I imagine.

Think gonna leave room now to cook breakfast. Really need to give kitchen a full on tidy today, plus shower, do bathroom, pack, put towels on to wash etc. always too much to do at end of term.

Got my dad a CD he wanted, my mum a choral book she wanted, and my bro I got a few dvds I hope he likes.
Seeing as there isn't any work until January, I now see this as a 3 week weekend :u: :lazy: :yawn:

Still need to finish getting all my prezzies though! I'm so lazy when it comes to shopping. I'll happily get people things but if it involves me having to go far to the shops I really can't be bothered :tongue:

Anyway, how is everyone here this lazy afternoon? :wavey:

Think gonna leave room now to cook breakfast. Really need to give kitchen a full on tidy today, plus shower, do bathroom, pack, put towels on to wash etc. always too much to do at end of term.

Got my dad a CD he wanted, my mum a choral book she wanted, and my bro I got a few dvds I hope he likes.

Indeed there is, going home weekend is always hectic! I'm going to go and ravage the fridge/cupboards for snacks methinks.

It's impossible to buy for my dad, because if he wants something he just goes and gets it...even if it comes out in December!

Latest

Trending

Trending