The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I had a terrible accident today... I was doing the Credit Suisse verbal test, I finished all questions and had 20 seconds left when electricity went down in my house and I couldn't submit the test.
Does anyone know what to do and who to email in such cases?
Original post by philippat
I had a terrible accident today... I was doing the Credit Suisse verbal test, I finished all questions and had 20 seconds left when electricity went down in my house and I couldn't submit the test.
Does anyone know what to do and who to email in such cases?

Email them, maybe they'll let you have another go... I don't know if its the case that it saves as you go along... otherwise they'll recover it for u.
Have any of you applied to both the DB spring week and the Start-up scholarship ? If yes, how did you manage to apply to both ? Their website only allows me to apply to either one or the other.

Thanks in advance
Original post by Turbokapitalist
Have any of you applied to both the DB spring week and the Start-up scholarship ? If yes, how did you manage to apply to both ? Their website only allows me to apply to either one or the other.

Thanks in advance

log into your account, on the left you'll see a "search vacancies" link, click on it and locate Start up Scholarship
For the Start-up Scholarship, do you have to have a business idea? Or is it literally an excellence scholarship, not a business-based one to help you start up your own business?
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
log into your account, on the left you'll see a "search vacancies" link, click on it and locate Start up Scholarship

Thanks! I will try that later on!
Original post by natashabedford
For the Start-up Scholarship, do you have to have a business idea? Or is it literally an excellence scholarship, not a business-based one to help you start up your own business?

No, you get a bonus if you are involved in one though. Seems like its excllence, they help you through mentoring, events etc. Heres more info on it.
How important do you guys think cover letters and competency questions are?

I mean you always hear about how they don't bother with cover letters or CVs that much.
Reply 1108
i think cvs are important cover letters and them questions about describing your work experience not so much. comp questions can be important though
To me it seems that CV and tests are what kinda matter - till you get an interview/AC.

Then it's pretty much all up to how you do there. It's no secret they care about CV just to see grades, university, other internships you've done. Other than that, doubt they care much.

Of course they want the person to have researched about them and know a little but, let's be real, they want to the best people there.
It's all important. These internships are competitive.

Did anyone apply to S&T at UBS?
Original post by i_hate_teeth

Yes I did. Inbox me if u want :smile:
Yes, but what is WAAAAAAAY more competitive is a real job. I'd be surprised if they really read every answer for competency questions, read your CV fully or your cover letter fully and all of that.
I'll just regurgitate the saying, a good CL won't get you a job but a bad CL can lose you one.
Reply 1114
Original post by Marc Fiorano
I'll just regurgitate the saying, a good CL won't get you a job but a bad CL can lose you one.

not always the case my mate had a crap cover letter and got spring week at cs FO last year. even he was surprised that they gave him an interview. so it all depends on the bank. a lot of its down to luck.
Original post by Banker91
not always the case my mate had a crap cover letter and got spring week at cs FO last year. even he was surprised that they gave him an interview. so it all depends on the bank. a lot of its down to luck.

Of course, I said it can and not that it will. That's assuming they even read the CL, maybe they hadn't and gave the offer (tbh if he was good enough in all other aspects of the application then a bad CL wouldn't have compromised him that much anyway...unless it was catastrophically bad).

I know a guy who realised he gave a CL with the wrong bank's name (copied CL for another bank and forgot to change the name lol) and still ended up with an offer. Either they didn't read it or they didn't really care.
Reply 1116

im surprised you haven't got an internship by now considering how much you brag.
Original post by Banker91
im surprised you haven't got an internship by now considering how much you brag.

I'm not sure how to reply to your post without bragging.
Reply 1118
I am correct in that UBS dont interivew - just tests?

Is jp morgan and goldman sachs only 1 interview...? if we get through after online applications

- also do golman sachs interview everyone (from top uni's) or interview a few - any1 now the ratio of the number of people interviewed to the offer ratio....

Thanks
Reply 1119
I'm not sure how to reply to your post without bragging.

I'll give you a hint: just dont reply.

Latest

Trending

Trending