The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by billet-doux
Hate revision waaaaah. We have a 'clinical epidemiology' exam as well as a standard normal exam... lol. Hope everyone is enjoying the hols :suith:

Won't lie, that exam is a bit of a doss compared to the mid-sesh, so don't worry too much about it just make a few notes and highlight on the paper you're given.
PASSED MY EXAM. Close call though! 20% of the year failed - pretty disgusting actually as usually it's only <10% fail rate. We've went from the year that set the highest passing rate and in 6 months we've set the highest fail rate. Shook me up though - defs need to work real hard next year.
Original post by Philosoraptor
My kinda guy :biggrin:

Meh, I'm just ultra annoyed they've changed our ranking to include our ICAs since I did no work for them last year, nor did I do any work for the first one this year as they told us after it.
Reply 7503
Original post by RollerBall
Meh, I'm just ultra annoyed they've changed our ranking to include our ICAs since I did no work for them last year, nor did I do any work for the first one this year as they told us after it.

what about external intercalation?

On this subject - EXTERNAL INTERCALATION NOW ALLOWED AT GLASGOW :biggrin:
Hoping can keep grades up enough to be allowed to do this as it will be a vair small number allowed.
Reply 7504
Home for Christmas :smile: Giving myself a few days off before hitting the books to revise do all the work I didn't bother doing last term during my massive I-dont-give-one phase. Booking a few shifts in at the hospital but going to try to ease off it a little bit (and do a few Sunday long days).. need a break. Back in Glasgow before new years as have a job there now too and they wouldn't give it me off. Bah humbug.
Original post by lekky
what about external intercalation?

On this subject - EXTERNAL INTERCALATION NOW ALLOWED AT GLASGOW :biggrin:
Hoping can keep grades up enough to be allowed to do this as it will be a vair small number allowed.

12 spots for external intercalation. So it's much more competetive than the usual. We can only externally intercalate after third year too.

I'm going to have to do some work now throughout the year for our crappy ICAs rather than scraping a pass.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 7506
just packing my stuff to go home - will be back in wales by 8pm :biggrin:

stupidly will be travelling mid-football though, will have to catch the highlights later!
Original post by RollerBall
12 spots for external intercalation. So it's much more competetive than the usual. We can only externally intercalate after third year too.

I'm going to have to do some work now throughout the year for our crappy ICAs rather than scraping a pass.

Mate I'm sure the ICA's only count towards our deciles, I'm not sure though it's all a bit of a mess. Are you planning on doing infection & immunology next year or the year after?
Original post by speedystef
Mate I'm sure the ICA's only count towards our deciles, I'm not sure though it's all a bit of a mess. Are you planning on doing infection & immunology next year or the year after?

I'm gonna apply for this year anyway but I'll have a better shot next year I reckon.
Would i be right in saying that physicochemical properties of a drug are effects of a drug caused by the the nature of their chemical structure rather than through a signal-transduction pathway?

Original post by Mushi_master
Won't lie, that exam is a bit of a doss compared to the mid-sesh, so don't worry too much about it just make a few notes and highlight on the paper you're given.

Haha yes I've heard this, thanks. Do you think a few days of revision/looking over the paper should be enough for it? I'm trying to concentrate mainly on the scenarios, we've been given 3/4 anatomy ones unfortunately!
Haha yes I've heard this, thanks. Do you think a few days of revision/looking over the paper should be enough for it? I'm trying to concentrate mainly on the scenarios, we've been given 3/4 anatomy ones unfortunately!

Yeah that will definitely suffice, shouldn't worry too much about it. Last year we had diabetes, fertility, one anatomy and cancer.
Original post by Mushi_master
Yeah that will definitely suffice, shouldn't worry too much about it. Last year we had diabetes, fertility, one anatomy and cancer.

Thank you :smile: Ah that sounds pretty bad too! We have the 2 lower limb scenarios, head and neck and Patrick's pituitary :tongue: How has third year been so far? All good I hope!
Thank you :smile: Ah that sounds pretty bad too! We have the 2 lower limb scenarios, head and neck and Patrick's pituitary :tongue: How has third year been so far? All good I hope!

Good luck with that! Patrick's pituitary is the best of those.

3rd year has been a blast so far, so, so much better than pre-clins but a lot harder work. Been in chichester on a gastro firm, really nice team there and let me get really stuck in. Christmas break is welcome, made extra great by having 0 work to do for once! Heading to Woolwich for neuro/ophth/psych after Christmas, the commute will be annoying but should be interesting (probably not a patch on gastro though).
Oh dear - little bit drunk and was with police ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :biggrin:
Original post by gozatron
Would i be right in saying that physicochemical properties of a drug are effects of a drug caused by the the nature of their chemical structure rather than through a signal-transduction pathway?

I would've said that sort of thing was stuff like pH (or pKa, I guess), ionisation, degree of lipid solubility, etc.
Reply 7516
Original post by philosoraptor
oh dear - little bit drunk and was with police ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :d
999 BINGO!

r
Reply 7517
If I do 4-5 lectures a day, I can get through all of the first terms' (mod 1 and 2) work at least once. If I do 8 a day, then I can get through it twice. Next and final module will be quite difficult and will have to keep up with the revision for that module as I go along because the exam is straight after. So I won't have time to go over modules 1 and 2 again after this break.

That's my Christmas ****ed.
Original post by Renal
999 BINGO!

r

It's all good!
On the plus side - didn't pay for any of my drinks last night! :biggrin: wooooooooo

This is what it must be like as a girl :p: Free nights out haha
USMLE Step 2 revision started today! Definitely a lot less challenging than Step 1, to my relief.

Latest

Trending

Trending