The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by greeneyedgirl
It was fine :yep: and lovely to catch up. Definitely more confused than before though. Men make no sense. AT ALL.

this is very, very true! Oh well, life isn't it?
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:console:

Original post by rainbowbex
this is very, very true! Oh well, life isn't it?

And they complain we send mixed messages :rolleyes:
Reply 9802
:hi: everyone, need some topic suggestions for christian union. We have run out of ideas lol.

Have you seen this poster?

Mike Elms, from ChurchAds.net, said: "We have a very simple but dramatic idea by showing the meeting of Christianity and high street consumerism, with Christ in the middle. With recent events in the UK and with millions of people heading for shopping centres in the final few days before Christmas, there will be no better time to remind people that, behind all the consumerism-Christmas Starts with Christ."
Original post by Ebuwa
:hi: everyone, need some topic suggestions for christian union. We have run out of ideas lol.

Have you seen this poster?

Mike Elms, from ChurchAds.net, said: "We have a very simple but dramatic idea by showing the meeting of Christianity and high street consumerism, with Christ in the middle. With recent events in the UK and with millions of people heading for shopping centres in the final few days before Christmas, there will be no better time to remind people that, behind all the consumerism-Christmas Starts with Christ."

Like the poster, hadn't seen it :nah:

Topics in what sense? Like things to look at in CU or themes for outreach stuff?
Reply 9804
Like the poster, hadn't seen it :nah:

Topics in what sense? Like things to look at in CU or themes for outreach stuff?

Suprised, its everywhere.

E.g last week's topic was on Christmas its origins, meaning etc. So other topics that we could talk about.
Original post by Ebuwa
Suprised, its everywhere.

E.g last week's topic was on Christmas its origins, meaning etc. So other topics that we could talk about.

Haven't seen it in Glasgow :nah: may just be in London?

Hmmm I'll have a think

Also guys, was tidying my room while watching Love Actually...came across the letter from camp asking if I wanted to be a leader again...had another read...let me quote a little bit to you which I'm sure proves just how in control God is "The biblical requirements for ministry are clearly set out in the Pastoral Epistles (1 and 2 Timothy and Titus) and you may want to reflect on those passages as you consider this role."
It was fine :yep: and lovely to catch up. Definitely more confused than before though. Men make no sense. AT ALL.

It's something we pride ourselves on. :sadnod: You all packed now? Or have you only just woken up :tongue:
Original post by EEngWillow
It's something we pride ourselves on. :sadnod: You all packed now? Or have you only just woken up :tongue:

I'm half tidied, but I am in clothes which is something. But need to fully tidy before can fit ladders in room to get suitcase from top of wardrobe!
I'm half tidied, but I am in clothes which is something. But need to fully tidy before can fit ladders in room to get suitcase from top of wardrobe!

Clothes are a step in the right direction at least. Keep going! Also I just read your post about the letter from camp. :awesome:
Clothes are a step in the right direction at least. Keep going! Also I just read your post about the letter from camp. :awesome:

Indeed! Room pretty tidy apart from stuff I might pack now..we're definitely getting there...now to decide how many clothes I'm gonna need for 3 weeks and fold everything... :sigh:

Ha ha pretty epically awesome :yep:
Indeed! Room pretty tidy apart from stuff I might pack now..we're definitely getting there...now to decide how many clothes I'm gonna need for 3 weeks and fold everything... :sigh:

Ha ha pretty epically awesome :yep:

Knowing you, probably all of them. You know that whatever you leave behind you'll be wanting to wear when you're home! Sods law and all that malarky...
Knowing you, probably all of them. You know that whatever you leave behind you'll be wanting to wear when you're home! Sods law and all that malarky...

I know, but I don't have room for all of them...especially when I'm trying to leave room in my suitcase in case I get nice stuff for Christmas I want to bring back...
I know, but I don't have room for all of them...especially when I'm trying to leave room in my suitcase in case I get nice stuff for Christmas I want to bring back...

Hmm, that's quite a dilemma you have there :frown:

I woke up at 3am fully clothed on top of my bed, laptop fallen on the floor. I guess I was more tired than I thought...
Hmm, that's quite a dilemma you have there :frown:

I woke up at 3am fully clothed on top of my bed, laptop fallen on the floor. I guess I was more tired than I thought...

Awww that's so cute :love:

I know have a very large pile of clothes sitting on top of my suitcase, and a very large pile of clothes sitting on my bed to go in drawers. No doubt when I open drawers more will end up needing to fit in my suitcase. Grrrr.
Awww that's so cute :love:

I know have a very large pile of clothes sitting on top of my suitcase, and a very large pile of clothes sitting on my bed to go in drawers. No doubt when I open drawers more will end up needing to fit in my suitcase. Grrrr.

:colondollar:

Hehe. I just open my drawers and grab what's on top usually. :tongue: Although I should deffo have a clean-out because I doubt half of what's in my drawers actually fits anymore...
:colondollar:

Hehe. I just open my drawers and grab what's on top usually. :tongue: Although I should deffo have a clean-out because I doubt half of what's in my drawers actually fits anymore...

Argh forgot to pack my makeup... Also missed early train so have 4min change edinburgh... Very much might miss connection :s
Reply 9816
I went to church today (for the first time this month I'm ashamed to say), I forgot how much I loved it when they light the advent candles, and the vicar says something and everyone replies 'A light that darkness can never put out' which is lovely :smile:
And my mum sent that facebook video of Jesus' birth that I posted on here a couple of days ago to our youth pastor who sent it to the vicar who is going to show at the candlelit service on Christmas eve so that's pretty cool :biggrin:
Hope everyone who is going home for Christmas has/had safe journeys! It's pretty icy here :eek:
Am being sent messages by some randomer who thinks I need to get a new psych and that I'm a religious nutjob who's ignoring medicine :lol:

Am being sent messages by some randomer who thinks I need to get a new psych and that I'm a religious nutjob who's ignoring medicine :lol:

Report them. We'll deal with it if its bothering you :yes:
Argh forgot to pack my makeup... Also missed early train so have 4min change edinburgh... Very much might miss connection :s

Praying!

:rofl:

Latest

Trending

Trending