The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges
Just realised more films out this year that should probably also be considered. The King's Speech, Blue Valentine, Inside Job and Beginners.

The King's Speech should be considered. :yy:
Hugo.

Release: 23rd November
Budget: Less than $150 million
Box office: $35,592,560

It deserved to do better. So much better.
I'm watching Wall Street 2 ... the trailer made it look so so much better *facepalm*
Finally watched Police Story :love:

Been on a quality film binge over the last couple of days; Black Swan and Memento.

Seeing War Horse today. :teeth:
Is War Horse out? Might need to give that a looksie.
Original post by Colonel.

Is War Horse out? Might need to give that a looksie.

Not out until start of January I think. Definitely check it out though, it's really good. It might just be Spielberg's masterpiece.
Reply 5067
Been on a quality film binge over the last couple of days; Black Swan and Memento.

Seeing War Horse today. :teeth:

It looked like a massive Oscar contender when the trailer came out, but by some early accounts, it's nothing special. :holmes:
Original post by Abiraleft

It looked like a massive Oscar contender when the trailer came out, but by some early accounts, it's nothing special. :holmes:

By my account, it's something very special. :p:

Are you abroad to have seen it this early? Or dyu have contacts? :holmes:

I still need to see My Week With Marilyn, MI:4, Sherlock Holmes 2, Tintin, Harold and Kumar 3D and so many others.

Fincher's GWTDT is getting mixed reviews :cry:
Reply 5070

Oh, you've already seen it? (Your 'seeing it today' post was just 5 hours ago :redface:). It was certainly one I was looking forward to seeing; perhaps the early reviews are not very representative. Like with A Dangerous Method - the early reviews were somewhat negative, but it garnered more positive feedback later.

Colnel.
Fincher's GWTDT is getting mixed reviews :cry:

It has the same Metascore as MI:IV. :teehee: I still have quite high hopes for it, though. I don't think it will be the best film of the year, but it still should be good. :yep:
I don't know how I'll feel if I don't like that film. It has Fincher and Craig, one of the best female characters ever in literature and it's one of my favourite books.

Won't be able to comprehend not liking it :awesome:
Reply 5072
On another note, In the Land of Blood and Honey sounds worth watching. :beard:
Directed by Angelina Jolie? Hmm.

Good subject matter at the least.

Are you abroad to have seen it this early? Or dyu have contacts? :holmes:

Preview screenings are awesome...

Oh, you've already seen it? (Your 'seeing it today' post was just 5 hours ago :redface:).

...even if they are sometimes shown at crap times (who the hell goes to the cinema at half ten on a Sunday?). :p:

I might try and get a review of it up later. I haven't written a review in ages.
They don't have any previews in Aberdeen :colonhash:
Reply 5076
Preview screenings are awesome...

...even if they are sometimes shown at crap times (who the hell goes to the cinema at half ten on a Sunday?). :p:

I might try and get a review of it up later. I haven't written a review in ages.

Yes! :fuhrer:
Is there a review thread?

Is there a review thread?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=185975

And every time someone posts a new review I add it to the first post.
For someone who isn't that into sports films, is Warrior worth a look? I know virtually nothing about it besides the fact it's about two brothers involved in MMA, and I have zero interest in MMA.

Quick Reply

Latest