The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a05aafzul
Good cop was almost in tears, bad cop was looking at me as blank as the monster raving loony party's election manifesto. :biggrin:
Thanks for being so supportive, it's appreciated! :smile:

Just to say to you and everybody, I've had like 6 personal messages from people asking me about what questions were asked, and I'm really not going to say, not because I'm a massive bell-end, but because of the obvious fact that it gives an unfair advantage. I mean I'd of killed for a bit of insight before going in there, but I did ring up to the med admissions office to ask about my panel etc. To be honest, there were questions on everything you've just mentioned and there are different interviewers and different questions for each person, so prep as much as you can. :smile:

Bad cop was laughing inside , restricting his urges :tongue: . So long as you sorta kept your kool with bad cop it should be okay :biggrin: . Na you should not be expected to blurt out the questions , it is unfair to everyone. We all should just try our best and hope Southampton chooses us :smile:.
Reply 1201
Well, I completely flunked my interview yesterday haha so best of luck to everybody else! :smile:

What time was yours?... I might have seen you. Mine didn't go too well either! :s-smilie:
Original post by jcb123
What time was yours?... I might have seen you. Mine didn't go too well either! :s-smilie:

Mine was at 3:15... The Asian guy, red tie and unbelievably handsome?
Reply 1203

I remember! you were very energetic :wink:... I was the blonde guy wearing a black suit (asked you about one of the questions when you came out). Any idea when we hear back?
Reply 1204

were you the one with glasses on?
Original post by taunt
were you the one with glasses on?

looool nope that wasn't me... as far as I know...

Original post by jcb123
I remember! you were very energetic :wink:... I was the blonde guy wearing a black suit (asked you about one of the questions when you came out). Any idea when we hear back?

oh my dayss! You mean the guy with the coolest hair/quiff ever? Seriously mann, you should do VO5 :smile: I don't know about hearing back, it won't be in a hurry though because they've broken up for Christmas, the students said "a few weeks"... the waiting is the worst bloody part tho. But good luck anyway!
Reply 1206
looool nope that wasn't me... as far as I know...

oh my dayss! You mean the guy with the coolest hair/quiff ever? Seriously mann, you should do VO5 :smile: I don't know about hearing back, it won't be in a hurry though because they've broken up for Christmas, the students said "a few weeks"... the waiting is the worst bloody part tho. But good luck anyway!

Haha! I'll take that as a complement. I best crack on with revision and forget about it then.
Reply 1207
urgh revision....dont remind me:tongue:

You are my favourite person on this thread! Love your awkward joke - and I hope it all goes well for you! :smile:

Original post by jcb123
Haha! I'll take that as a complement. I best crack on with revision and forget about it then.

Well done on getting an interview by the way! And your hair sounds nice from what a05aafzul has said :biggrin:

Original post by taunt
urgh revision....dont remind me:tongue:

I know... I have my chemistry textbook next to me and here I am procrastinating on TSR.
Reply 1209
Original post by Ally312
You are my favourite person on this thread! Love your awkward joke - and I hope it all goes well for you! :smile:

Well done on getting an interview by the way! And your hair sounds nice from what a05aafzul has said :biggrin:

I know... I have my chemistry textbook next to me and here I am procrastinating on TSR.

omg!! how wierd, I also am sitting with my chemi book infront of me....and I am also procrastinating...hmm :curious: [checks for any cameras Ally312 might have put around the room] :biggrin:
Original post by taunt
omg!! how wierd, I also am sitting with my chemi book infront of me....and I am also procrastinating...hmm :curious: [checks for any cameras Ally312 might have put around the room] :biggrin:

*evil grin*
Original post by taunt

Loool , I am doing chem right now too. "/ , deactivated fb and now I am on here instead :tongue: . Not good at all. :redface:
Reply 1212
Original post by sumsum123
Loool , I am doing chem right now too. "/ , deactivated fb and now I am on here instead :tongue: . Not good at all. :redface:

yh trying to give more time to my chemi atm, because i got a big fat U in my mock:tongue:

but revision isnt going as planned as Ive only reached the page about the delocalised benzene structure. I seem to be wasting time on tsr lolling at a few threads, wanting to comment, but then thinking "no dont do it, do some chemi" whilst pulling my fingers away from the keyboard. :biggrin::tongue:
Original post by taunt
yh trying to give more time to my chemi atm, because i got a big fat U in my mock:tongue:

but revision isnt going as planned as Ive only reached the page about the delocalised benzene structure. I seem to be wasting time on tsr lolling at a few threads, wanting to comment, but then thinking "no dont do it, do some chemi" whilst pulling my fingers away from the keyboard. :biggrin::tongue:

What are you aiming for in Jan for chem? I have no idea bwt benzene :tongue: my clg is being abit special :rolleyes: and doing the big unit first. :tongue: I am going to stay away from my computer from tmrw , you should take a tsr free holiday :biggrin: . Maths is killing me right now O.o
Reply 1214
What are you aiming for in Jan for chem? I have no idea bwt benzene :tongue: my clg is being abit special :rolleyes: and doing the big unit first. :tongue: I am going to stay away from my computer from tmrw , you should take a tsr free holiday :biggrin: . Maths is killing me right now O.o

I find benzene kind of easily but aromatic, analytical and synthesis chemistry is a bitch.
Original post by Besakt
I find benzene kind of easily but aromatic, analytical and synthesis chemistry is a bitch.

:tongue: no idea what those things are. I am doing that unit next June but from what ur sayin yayyyy sounds fun :tongue: lool ! Good luck with it :biggrin: , the unit I am doing now I really love! But watch how it,ll all go wrong in Jan :frown:. You doing ocr btw?
Reply 1216
:tongue: no idea what those things are. I am doing that unit next June but from what ur sayin yayyyy sounds fun :tongue: lool ! Good luck with it :biggrin: , the unit I am doing now I really love! But watch how it,ll all go wrong in Jan :frown:. You doing ocr btw?

I'm doing AQA :lol: probably explains the confusion. :redface:
Original post by infernalcradle
why yes we are chun.....

you here to join me?? :colone:

Nah, the recent talks about applicants spurred me to check out the activity going on on these websites I used to religiously follow.
It's good to see you're helping out and you do realise we have a ****-tonne of work to do though, right? x)
Original post by Chunky_thing
Nah, the recent talks about applicants spurred me to check out the activity going on on these websites I used to religiously follow.
It's good to see you're helping out and you do realise we have a ****-tonne of work to do though, right? x)

ugh....don't remind me....

I'm kinda hiding from it by stalking these lot here :colone:
Original post by Chunky_thing

Original post by infernalcradle
ugh....don't remind me....

I'm kinda hiding from it by stalking these lot here :colone:

Tonne of work? Pah! I did my portfolio after christmas (though a friend did it the weekend before it was due, stayed up 2 nights in a row and got a better A than I did >.>) and then revised the lot for exams in a week/10 days after the presentations. It wasn't fun but totally doable. I got 3 A's in the exams too!

We've got to learn the entire anatomy of bones and muscles on top of a load of other crap. To be honest I've been cheating on medicine and perving at other courses. Did you know that English students have 6 contact hours a week? I have that every day 5 days a week!! *sigh*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending