The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
start ticking off them rejections

Deutsche Bank
HSBC

im just counting on credit suisse, i think i did the best application for them
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I'm not sure how to reply to your post without bragging bull****ting.

Fixed.
(edited 12 years ago)
hey does anyone know how long it usually takes for UBS to reply after submitting the tests? As there is no interview, I am just curious how long to wait for their reply.
And how did others find the CS and UBS tests? I found them challenging but not extremely difficult.
Reply 1123
Original post by philippat
hey does anyone know how long it usually takes for UBS to reply after submitting the tests? As there is no interview, I am just curious how long to wait for their reply.
And how did others find the CS and UBS tests? I found them challenging but not extremely difficult.

UBS was fine. CS verbal wasnt too easy though. You can never really tell with verbals tbh.
Reply 1124
Original post by Milan.
start ticking off them rejections

Deutsche Bank
HSBC

im just counting on credit suisse, i think i did the best application for them

Economics at LSE?! How did you get rejected?!!!!! What do you think went wrong? Tough tests or mistakes on the apps?
Reply 1125
Original post by LawQC
I am correct in that UBS dont interivew - just tests?

Is jp morgan and goldman sachs only 1 interview...? if we get through after online applications

- also do golman sachs interview everyone (from top uni's) or interview a few - any1 now the ratio of the number of people interviewed to the offer ratio....

Thanks

I think so, yes.

Goldman only interview very few from targets, and you usually have to be doing Economics/Maths/Engineering/Finance-related degree for Front Office. They will get back to people in middle of January.
Original post by TroTro
Economics at LSE?! How did you get rejected?!!!!! What do you think went wrong? Tough tests or mistakes on the apps?

Same here although no rejections yet ('cause I only applied a few days ago lol).

It's not surprising really. Think about how many are applying from LSE, UCL, Imperial, Oxford, Cambridge, Warwick to name some of the top universities.

Let alone others from top-middle unis who are just really good at this stuff.
Reply 1127
Original post by TroTro

theres very few places on these spring weeks, and practically everyone at lse, ucl, oxbridge applies

i know lloooads of people with a whole bunch of rejections at LSE

its not about what uni you're at, you have to show competency for the careers
Reply 1128
Original post by Michael XYZ
Same here although no rejections yet ('cause I only applied a few days ago lol).

It's not surprising really. Think about how many are applying from LSE, UCL, Imperial, Oxford, Cambridge, Warwick to name some of the top universities.

Let alone others from top-middle unis who are just really good at this stuff.

Are you LSE Econ?
Original post by TroTro
Are you LSE Econ?

Maybe. :smile:
Maybe. :smile:

This does not bode well :tongue:
Original post by Outsanity
This does not bode well :tongue:

Why's that?
Why's that?

Oh, no real reason, I just thought you guys were joking about LSE economics and people getting rejected :tongue:
As I said earlier, I think at this stage of the game no one is immune from failure. Even if you study Economics at LSE.

Believe me, it saddens me that that's the case too.
Reply 1134
Original post by TroTro
I think so, yes.

Goldman only interview very few from targets, and you usually have to be doing Economics/Maths/Engineering/Finance-related degree for Front Office. They will get back to people in middle of January.

do you have any idea of the ratio of the number of people interviewed and the number of offers made?

Anyway know the answer to this?
Also interested in the kind of numbers of interns each year at a division...on average?
Well if they gave out stats like that it'd allow applicants to choose divisions which are easier to get into, thats for divisional SW. In general most of them arent.
Original post by i_hate_teeth
I'm not sure how to reply to your post without bragging.

Reply 1138
In general, Sales & Trading is most competitive. Then IBD. Then all the rest are significantly easier (Research, HR, Operations etc)
(edited 12 years ago)
Where's Trading in that?

And isn't "Sales" just a joke?

Latest