The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Madjackismad
If you haven't seen ET by the age of 10, you've not had a proper childhood. I remember seeing it in the cinema years ago when it was released for some anniversary and I was crying so much. Even my mum and other people in the cinema were. :colonhash:

I saw it when i was about 8 and really wan't that fussed. :dontknow:

Spoiler

With respect to the Dark Knight Rises trailer:

Spoiler

Original post by Christien
Eh, anyone with a filmography that substantial is bound to have a few misfires. Maybe that was a tad harsh, but Spielberg brought fun back to the movies at a time when they were tending towards bloated indulgence, and I think he should have a place in every serious film fan's heart.

I was referring more to your comment about Spielberg and the Indiana Jones franchise rather than his entire filmography - most of which I love.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Spoiler

I was referring more to your comment about Spielberg and the Indiana Jones franchise rather than his entire filmography - most of which I love.

Spoiler

Ah, okay. I still don't think Crystal Skull (bad as it was) is enough to damn the whole franchise. Maybe Indy 5 will do the job. :tongue:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I want to know nothing about TDKR until the day I see it. I don't want anything spoiled by the love of God.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Colonel.
I want to know nothing about TDKR until the day I see it. I don't want anything spoiled by the love of God.

Neither do I, which is why I promptly stopped reading about the film on superhero hype. I think if I still did, I'd know the story to the whole film. Plus, don't read the tags! :p:
Original post by Madjackismad

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

That trailer did not impress me. :moon:
Anybody interested in seeing the DK Rises prologue? or has everybody seen it already? :colone:
Reply 5111
I finally watched Kes today. Thought it was excellent.
Reply 5112
Original post by noggins
Anybody interested in seeing the DK Rises prologue? or has everybody seen it already? :colone:

I would love to see it, but all the copies online were filmed with a hairdryer.
I dare you to disagree with my list of five worst films ever: http://www.imdb.com/list/AbH7HwXqJ4g/ :ninja:
'Officially' released now.

Original post by JClive
I would love to see it, but all the copies online were filmed with a hairdryer.

Is this any better? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccJdeK66nTE
Reply 5116

Bit better, watched it all the way through now. Can't wait until it releases!
Original post by RabbitCFH

I dare you to disagree with my list of five worst films ever: http://www.imdb.com/list/AbH7HwXqJ4g/ :ninja:

Exorcist and Blair Witch Project? You're mad.
Original post by Phalanges
Exorcist and Blair Witch Project? You're mad.

They're very poor compared to what I expected them to be.

They're very poor compared to what I expected them to be.

I think we're assigning different meanings to the term worst. I use it to mean terrible pieces of filmmaking, not disappointments.

Quick Reply

Latest