BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Rejected :frown:
^ unlucky mate..

No doubt i'll be joining you too.
Original post by fabregassed
^ unlucky mate..

No doubt i'll be joining you too.

rite :frown: wat were your grades and stuff like if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 663
rejection yesterday in post! :frown:
Original post by med§123
rejection yesterday in post! :frown:

sorry to hear :frown:
Original post by sachinisgod
rite :frown: wat were your grades and stuff like if you dont mind me asking?

well.. did my a levels in 2010, got AAA

My gcses are terrible compared to other med students, 4A*, 3B, 2C
Ukcat 625, which is lower than what i got last year.

I do however have a lot of work experience, 2 GPs, Hospitals in south africa, Care home, Special needs schools in South africa and some other stuff that i cant remember.
So a lot is riding on my PS.

I do however have a lot of work experience, 2 GPs, Hospitals in south africa, Care home, Special needs schools in South africa and some other stuff that i cant remember.

Thats good u knw, i already have 2 As and doing by bio and chem a levels this yr. If u think ur gcses are terrible, they're better than mine, i only got 2 A*s, 1 A and 5 Bs. My UKcat was 620, and your work experience seems better than mine( hospital, care home and dental surgery). I think we both are just unlucky :dontknow:
Well i havent been rejected yet, but im not expecting much either.
Reply 668
Im from scotland and i can't tell if my grades are any good compared to the english system, but i loved BSMS when i visited :biggrin:

well i got an offer and the only thing i had better than you was my ukcat score of 677.5. I had 3 A's at A-level, bio, chem and geog, 2A*'s 5 A's 5B's GCSE, years work experience at a nursing home, and work experience in a hospitals physio and minor injuries department. I personally think they put alot of emphasis on you personal statement and what you show you have learnt from your work experience. So as long as your PS was excellent, you should have as much of a chance as i did. :smile:
hey guys! does any1 know if the admissions department is still in or have they closed for the holidays?
Rejected through post. Ruined the day! Ah well!
Original post by amazin_sk8a_dude
Rejected through post. Ruined the day! Ah well!

sorry to hear dude! where else did you apply and did you have an interview?
Original post by chosen1_lbj
sorry to hear dude! where else did you apply and did you have an interview?

Applied to Peninsula, Manchester and Southampton.
Interviewed at Peninsula and have one for Manchester in February.
Yourself?
Applied to Peninsula, Manchester and Southampton.
Interviewed at Peninsula and have one for Manchester in February.
Yourself?

ooh fair enuff! bristol, keele, bsms and liverpool. only had an interview for bsms. So did you not have an interview at bsms? and did they give you a reason for the rejection?
Wow, its awesome you've been interviewed at BSMS. It was my first choice but ah well. They rejected me because it was really competitive and I wasn't strong enough. But I will email them to ask in detail. No interview there unfortunately. So the other unis got back yet? I heard Bristol is a bit late.
Original post by chosen1_lbj
ooh fair enuff! bristol, keele, bsms and liverpool. only had an interview for bsms. So did you not have an interview at bsms? and did they give you a reason for the rejection?

Wow, its awesome you've been interviewed at BSMS. It was my first choice but ah well. They rejected me because it was really competitive and I wasn't strong enough. But I will email them to ask in detail. No interview there unfortunately. So the other unis got back yet? I heard Bristol is a bit late.

Yhhh, but i havent heard anything since then. Well your cleearly a very strong candidate if you've managed to get 2 other interviews.:s-smilie: am sure you'll be finee dude! Nopeee they are all being a massive pain! :frown:. Bristol just sent me some e-mail to say they are still considering my application and its made it to the second stage
Reply 678
got my rejection through the post today, they have given me the option of choosing a science related course from a list at either brighton or sussex, not too sure what to do:P
Reply 679
Rejection.. Just came in the post, but I'm not worried :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending