The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eco1234
what do you guys think you got roughly on the barcap numerical? ive not doone it yet

Hmmm, I definitely guessed one question midway through but there was also a question I'd done before. Maybe 15 or 16 if I allow for some errors which were probably present :tongue:
Reply 1201
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Yep, got both of those, I presumed I'd get results to the Verbal straight after I completed it considering they gave the Numerical results but we have to play the waiting game.

Did anybody fail the Barcap numerical ?

I know of one person who did.

Original post by eco1234
what do you guys think you got roughly on the barcap numerical? ive not doone it yet

I reckon I got full marks, but at least 2 wrong on the verbal.
Anybody here applying to FSA's insight programme?
Does Barcap send test invites straight away, how long is the usual wait?
Is there any point in applying for things like the ICAP one-day insights?

I mean, I presume most of us are applying so that we then have a decent shot at getting a 2nd year internship and then after that a job. Don't think from one-day they really gonna let you do that.
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Does Barcap send test invites straight away, how long is the usual wait?

Yes they should give a link to numerical tests straight after submitting the application

Original post by Michael XYZ

I mean, I presume most of us are applying so that we then have a decent shot at getting a 2nd year internship and then after that a job. Don't think from one-day they really gonna let you do that.

ICAP has a week long industry insight for that purpose
HSBC

Sorry I know there are posts about HSBC earlier on but they seems to contradict... I've just applied and got an email saying my application is under consideration. Some of you earlier mentioned an instant rejection/personality test - how long did you have to wait for the next email?

Thanks!
Reply 1207

Still something that shows you've made it through, aka you had to be good to be selected, thus signaling your ability in that. Hence why the industry likes brand names on a CV, a faster way of screening people.
Yes they should give a link to numerical tests straight after submitting the application

ICAP has a week long industry insight for that purpose

Do they?

Can you provide a link please. When I looked I only found the one-day events.
Do they?

Can you provide a link please. When I looked I only found the one-day events.

link
For the BNP Paribas question it says the word limit is 250 words, but on the box they give you to type it says 500 words. Which one should I do?

Thanks! I'll submit it now then and do both my UBS and Barcap numericals together...repeat questions fingers crossed :woo:
Anybody here applying to FSA's insight programme?

LOL
Original post by soczek322
HSBC

Sorry I know there are posts about HSBC earlier on but they seems to contradict... I've just applied and got an email saying my application is under consideration. Some of you earlier mentioned an instant rejection/personality test - how long did you have to wait for the next email?

Thanks!

As it turns out I applied to the wrong one and it's likely the same with the others who were rejected after the personality test too.

I applied to their Summer Internship programme for retail banking and just found the form for their Spring Insight application.

EDIT: Neg...seriously?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by wavey93
For the BNP Paribas question it says the word limit is 250 words, but on the box they give you to type it says 500 words. Which one should I do?

I'm wondering this as well. 500 words will be a lot to read for them and we're first year students, not PWC.
Reply 1215
Original post by wavey93

haha yeah, this was funny

i wrote 250 words proper and concisely cutting out so much extra stuff i could have put in

and then went to paste and realised its 500 words!

so i added about a 100 extra and submitted 350
Has anybody who got the 'we'll get back to you in early December' from MS still not heard back :frown:?
Reply 1217
BNP is a failed/failing bank. Not going to apply because of the demand of an essay
I'd say RBS is more of a failed bank.

Is this in the Summer though? Says "It takes place at the same time that our summer interns join us" so not a Spring week.
Reply 1219
Has anyone got an answer from JPM after submiting the online numerical test ?

They said the interviews would be the first weeks of January, i would have thought they would give us an answer quicker than that !

Latest