The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6400
Does anyone know the exact date that UCAS stops giving out offers before christmas? i heard some people say that it was the19th ? Im still anxiously waiting!
Reply 6401
MERRY CHRISTONOMICS/XMANOMICS...looks like everyone has started revision :smile:...anyway i thought i'd also wish everyone good luck for your forthcoming exams!
I hadn't known this...but, arguably, LSEs postgrad is better than Cambridge?

If that's the case...:colone:
Reply 6403
Original post by perrytheplatypus

I've read that somewhere as well, it was about MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics at LSE, if I'm not wrong :colondollar:
Reply 6404
Original post by Dat Guy
I've read that somewhere as well, it was about MSc Econometrics and Mathematical Economics at LSE, if I'm not wrong :colondollar:

Heard that is supposed to be the hardest one you can do!
Reply 6405

You'd be mad to turn down LSE if you get rejected from Cambridge! :u:
Original post by Groat

What does your name mean?:smile:
Original post by Groat

I think you may be right. I can live with next to no contact hours if it means I get to go somewhere with a terrific postgrad :h:

If I'd known this before, I wouldn't have formed the opinion I'd had on LSE previously.
Reply 6408
I think you may be right. I can live with next to no contact hours if it means I get to go somewhere with a terrific postgrad :h:

If I'd known this before, I wouldn't have formed the opinion I'd had on LSE previously.

What opinion do you have of LSE? :smile:
Would a bachelor's degree from LSE really help a postgrad application there?! I thought it had more to do with honours that you get, wherever you go.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6409
Original post by Dat Guy

Would a bachelor's degree from LSE really help a postgrad application there?! I thought it had more to do with honours that you get, wherever you go.

This...
Bloody hell and to think the most likely time I'll be recieving an offer will be Jan 2013 :zomg:
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Bloody hell and to think the most likely time I'll be recieving an offer will be Jan 2013 :zomg:

Gap year?
Original post by Melikeyflute
Gap year?

yeah which is :u: but the wait will be :yawn:

Where you applied to?
Original post by Dat Guy

I was thinking of applying for this, but it's just too expensive. :sadnod:
Original post by Dat Guy
What opinion do you have of LSE? :smile:

Only a very small bias in application I'd say. What I'm more pointing to is the fact that you'll know some of the postgrad teacher people. Makes things easier when actually doing the course :smile:
Original post by alex_hk90

Aren't there scholarships/studentships etc.?

If you think you can do well, the degree will definitely pay for itself (in the medium-long term)! Surely?
Reply 6417

Surely it's worth it?
Aren't there scholarships/studentships etc.?

Original post by WalkerPrince
If you think you can do well, the degree will definitely pay for itself (in the medium-long term)! Surely?

Original post by Tateco
Surely it's worth it?

There are very few scholarships/grants/etc. if you just want to do a Masters (i.e. not a PhD as well), so the only realistic option would be to get a bank loan (I think there's something called a Career Development Loan for this purpose). At the moment I'm still wanting to start work next year, but if that doesn't work out then I might revisit the postgrad option.
Reply 6419
There are very few scholarships/grants/etc. if you just want to do a Masters (i.e. not a PhD as well), so the only realistic option would be to get a bank loan (I think there's something called a Career Development Loan for this purpose). At the moment I'm still wanting to start work next year, but if that doesn't work out then I might revisit the postgrad option.

At least you have another option available if finding work doesn't work out, but you not being able to get work is strange with such a good degree, have you got work experience/internships?

Latest

Trending

Trending