The Student Room Group

Film Fanatics - Chat Thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Phalanges
I think we're assigning different meanings to the term worst. I use it to mean terrible pieces of filmmaking, not disappointments.

Probably. If I see film A which is unsurprisingly bad and film B which is kinda bad but not awful, and I expected it to be really good, I'll consider film B worse cause I'd be more disappointed. If it makes sense. :P
Anyone else seen this trailer for Battleship? I completely and utterly think it's jizztastic :coma:

Original post by RabbitCFH
I dare you to disagree with my list of five worst films ever: http://www.imdb.com/list/AbH7HwXqJ4g/ :ninja:
"The Exorcist" is a classic.

You don't have to look that far back to find worse films.. either the "Twilight" or "Transformers" Sagas are far less watchable than even "Return of the Living Dead".

Even this a film made from a board game; surely a sign that our civilisation is doomed:

Original post by R.J. Omega
Anyone else seen this trailer for Battleship? I completely and utterly think it's jizztastic :coma:

(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Liptease
"The Exorcist" is a classic.

You don't have to look that far back to find worse films.. either the "Twilight" or "Transformers" Sagas would be far less watchable than even "Return of the Living Dead".

Even this a film made from a board game; surely a sign that our civilisation is doomed:

I am certain that they are but thank God I've never seen them (gonna watch Twilight soon though. Very curious how bad it actually is). :smile:

Don't let the fact Rihanna features in it put you off :colonhash: I'd rather see this than a 'comedy' featuring a selection of celebrities that is blatantly trying to rip off Love Actually.
I recently watched Gattaca, starring Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman, which primarily concentrates on the morality of genetic engineering in offspring. Absolutely great film, so definitely recommend a watch!
Transformers 4: Battleship.
Original post by vitamortis
I recently watched Gattaca, starring Ethan Hawke and Uma Thurman, which primarily concentrates on the morality of genetic engineering in offspring. Absolutely great film, so definitely recommend a watch!

I watched that in school quite a while ago. I didn't really enjoy it, but I might have to give it another chance when I'm not being distracted. Jude Law was great though.
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
Transformers 4: Battleship.

Pretty much this, with Rihanna in for Megan Fox/Rosie Huntington-Whitley and no Shia LeBoeuf.

Liam Neeson and Alexander Skarsgard though :colone:
Original post by Pandora.
I watched that in school quite a while ago. I didn't really enjoy it, but I might have to give it another chance when I'm not being distracted. Jude Law was great though.

Definitely give it another shot. I found it very inspirational.
I dare you to disagree with my list of five worst films ever: http://www.imdb.com/list/AbH7HwXqJ4g/ :ninja:

Probably. If I see film A which is unsurprisingly bad and film B which is kinda bad but not awful, and I expected it to be really good, I'll consider film B worse cause I'd be more disappointed. If it makes sense. :P

There are far worse films. And that reasoning makes little sense.

I disagree with lists about things as subjective as films anyway.

That's pretty poor reasoning.

This time of year has been good to me in the past. I've come across some great films accidently on BBC over the Christmas period in the last few years. I remember Office Space a few years ago and A Night at the Opera started my love affair with The Marx Brothers.

This may not be an accident but I'm looking forward to Beyond a Reasonable Doubt which is on one of the days after midnight. I've been meaning to get hold of it for a long time.

You make it sound as if Jumanji is something other than excellent.
TheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbit :biggrin:

Trailer is being released 7pm PST so that would be 3 in the morning tommorrow GMT?

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/
this thread is very beautiful.. i like it...
Reply 5135
No 'worst films' list/discussion/rant is complete without a reference to either Leprechaun 2: Back 2 tha Hood or Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus.
You forgot Troll 2.
Original post by sheep_go_baa
TheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbitTheHobbit :biggrin:

Trailer is being released 7pm PST so that would be 3 in the morning tommorrow GMT?

http://www.thehobbitblog.com/

:awesome:
DKR, Hobbit, The Avengers and a new PT Anderson film (yes this is an event, shut up), amongst others. 2012 is going to be great.
Reply 5139
Original post by Christien
DKR, Hobbit, The Avengers and a new PT Anderson film (yes this is an event, shut up), amongst others. 2012 is going to be great.

Really looking forward to the last - The Master, I think it's going to be called, and with Seymour-Hoffman in it. :drool: Also, another Malick film, and Spielberg's take on Lincoln starring an excellent cast headed by Daniel Day-Lewis. :excited:

EDIT: Also, the London Film Critics Circle have released their awards nominations list as well (going to get a lot of these around this time of the year). The big contenders seem to be Drive (6 nominations), Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy (6), We Need to Talk About Kevin (5), A Separation (5), The Artist (4) and Shame (4). There is once again a massively-noticeable The Tree of Life-shaped hole (is it somehow not eligible for these awards or something?), but I otherwise quite like the look of this selection. More than the Globes, anyway.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest