The Student Room Group

Women: what on earth has society come to?

What happened to the good ol' days where young women aspired to and took pride in being humble housewives?

Nowadays you have scantily dressed female teens parading around in the most obscene fashion, putting their "assets" out there for the whole world to see. Young women are being brainwashed by the media to apply layers upon layers of make-up, often resulting in grotesque mutilations of the face all in the name of being superficial.

It really does sadden me to witness such aberrations and scourges upon our society. You all cry out for female pride yet you generally don't do much to advocate it through actions.

What on earth is happening?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Zangoose
What happened to the good ol' days where young women aspired to and took pride in being humble housewives?

:facepalm:

The 1950's phoned, they want their attitude back...
I neither want to be a slut nor a stay-at-home mum. What do you have to say about that? :hmmm:

Oh and just so you know, woman act in a provocative manner to attract men for sex, so they can feel "desired".

Next...
Cool story, douche.
It's the fault of New Liebour they wanted to women to have rights and stuff.
Reply 5
What a well- founded and well-researched post, completely devoid of any generalisations, sexism or superciliousness.
Reply 6
Original post by Sol1dShot

Nowadays you have scantily dressed female teens parading around in the most obscene fashion, putting their "assets" out there for the whole world to see.

Good :holmes:
Reply 7
Original post by Tommyjw

:hmmm:

Havent you heard of the internet?
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw

Exactly, attitudes like this are the reasons why women behave in that manner.
Reply 9
I wouldnt mind being a housewife

Nowadays you have scantily dressed female teens parading around in the most obscene fashion, putting their "assets" out there for the whole world to see. Young women are being brainwashed by the media to apply layers upon layers of make-up, often resulting in grotesque mutilations of the face all in the name of being superficial.

It really does sadden me to witness such aberrations and scourges upon our society. You all cry out for female pride yet you generally don't do much to advocate it through actions.

What on earth is happening?

Silly young women think that behaving like a slut is women's liberation and independence, obviously men will just shuddap and go along with this for the benefits.
Reply 11
Another not sure if trolling or just stupid thread.. Please try harder.

I'd like to see you managing to raise a family where only one parent is a wage-earner, earning the UK median wage of £26k, managing not to get massively into debt while owning a home and so on. Women often have to work these days.

And you have teen boys with their arses out, toting imaginary guns and talking about "bitches and hos". You also have a hell of a lot of teens who are focused on their education and on improving themselves.. Hell, you're on a damn student forum. Fail generalisation is fail.

There are plenty of inspirational women out there. I'm not going to bother educating you on them, but just because you choose to ignore them, doesn't mean they don't exist.
Reply 12
Used to be like this, until some feminazi tried to pick a fight with me for being a chauvanist pig when I held a door for her(srs).
My heart has been hardened.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by im so academic
Exactly, attitudes like this are the reasons why women behave in that manner.

And i welcome the behavior.
They do still exist, but are few and far between :frown: Stupid feminazi's spoiling everything.
(edited 4 years ago)
You only have the right to complain about all women when all men behave in a 'respectable' manner. We are the same species, you know.
Original post by alawhisp
I'd like to see you managing to raise a family where only one parent is a wage-earner, earning the UK median wage of £26k, managing not to get massively into debt while owning a home and so on. Women often have to work these days.

Well that's the problem these days with people having kids as a single parent. If you have kids as a single parent, you are just asking for it - balancing between work, finances and looking after the kids. That person only has themselves to blame for.
hey i'm not complaining :borat:
Women with no freedom = dressing modestly/blah blah blah.

Women with more freedom = still dressing modestly/blah blah blah but lead to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flapper being born

Women given absolute freedom = flapper now norm in society.

Moral of the story, give women freedom and they're going to do what they desire to do. Nothing wrong with that unless you want to take womens freedom away from them?
Reply 19
Original post by Skarm
Used to be like this, until some feminazi tried to pick a fight with me for being a chauvanist pig when I held a door for her(srs).
My heart has been hardened.

Same here man.

My respect for the female race has gone down so much since I've gone to uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending