The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6460
Original post by jamiepango
There have been no UCL offers as far as we're aware.

When do UCL usually reply? Is it around early January?
Original post by kt94
When do UCL usually reply? Is it around early January?

Possibly... my guess would be back end of January to early February, after the UCAS deadline.
Reply 6462
Possibly... my guess would be back end of January to early February, after the UCAS deadline.

Okay, thanks. Can't wait for them to reply!
Original post by funkydee
x

x

Original post by tooambitious
x

Original post by Melikeyflute
x

Original post by nightmare91
x

Original post by Tateco
x

What an amazing discussion that brought on :biggrin:.. I'm going to keep all options open for now. As mentioned, there is no reason to withdraw my application and statistically, they have accounted for people who do not accept their offers. There will not be an empty seat in a classroom because of me - that's bottom line. They have numerous ways to fill up the spaces and I'm sure that the best candidates will get their spots no matter what I do :smile:.. But I liked the lively discussion (and especially the economic points of view :wink: )
Reply 6464
UCL offer this morning (L100) given I go to the open day. :dance:
Original post by Groat

That's amazing! Early Christmas present! Congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 6466
Original post by Groat

Well done! (Well jel)
Original post by Groat

Congrats! Now tell me what your name means!
Original post by Groat

Congratulations! :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by Groat

Wow. Your personal statement must be all sorts of crazy and amazing :tongue: AND THEN CAMBRIDGE REPLIES IN TWO WEEKS! :eek:
Reply 6470
Original post by Groat

Wow, congratulations! Must feel great having offers from both LSE and UCL :smile:
Im going to the open day too, sounds horrendously boring, btw, what do they mean that the admissions office 'recommend' themselves to give an offer.... sounds like the biggest bs ever, does anyone know if I definitely get an offer if you attend their open day?? (like do they test you on anything?)... I think I have an AS exam on that day too... guess it depends on Cambridge and LSE...

btw I think they do the open day to make you feel more inclined to accept the offer (like people more eager to go to oxbridge after their interviews than before)... I really regret not applying for the year aborad now :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Oh no, econ and Physics AS the next day.... if I get an offer from Cambridge or LSE before the date, is there any harm of me not going??
Reply 6473
Original post by lordvulture
Oh no, econ and Physics AS the next day.... if I get an offer from Cambridge or LSE before the date, is there any harm of me not going??

When did you receive the email?
Original post by fredbol
When did you receive the email?

2-3 hrs ago
Original post by Groat

what did the email or letter say?
Original post by lordvulture
Im going to the open day too, sounds horrendously boring, btw, what do they mean that the admissions office 'recommend' themselves to give an offer.... sounds like the biggest bs ever, does anyone know if I definitely get an offer if you attend their open day?? (like do they test you on anything?)... I think I have an AS exam on that day too... guess it depends on Cambridge and LSE...

btw I think they do the open day to make you feel more inclined to accept the offer (like people more eager to go to oxbridge after their interviews than before)... I really regret not applying for the year aborad now :frown:

You'll definitely have an offer once you attend the open day, it takes a while to appear on track though.

And you could prob switch to year abroad when you're there?
Original post by funkydee
You'll definitely have an offer once you attend the open day, it takes a while to appear on track though.

And you could prob switch to year abroad when you're there?

I doubt it - the year abroad thing is extremely competitive (only 20 places) and it would be odd if students could just switch to it without having been considered along with the other applicants for that course..
Reply 6478
Original post by Groat

international or home status?
Reply 6479
hey so I have been seeing that a lot of people have been given out offers for economics provided that they attend an open day at UCL. Is it the same for international students?

Any info would be much appreciated :smile:

Latest