The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm really starting to hate man city and their manager! :angry: they're going for Hazard offering him EXTRA CASH$$$$:angry:
Reply 41
3 points tonight, and RVP getting a goal or two closer to beating Shearers record, hopefully.

Obviously it's only transfer rumours, but Liverpool linked to Ozil :ahee:
Original post by J.Star
3 points tonight, and RVP getting a goal or two closer to beating Shearers record, hopefully.

:rofl: not a chance
urgh!! all these transfer rumours and we are linked to wayne bridge!!

wenger needs to buy Goetze and Podolski!! and a back up full back (but not wayne bridge!!)
Wayne Bridge is underrated. Prem football would suit him fine. I'd probably take him [to Spurs].
Original post by rockrunride
Wayne Bridge is underrated. Prem football would suit him fine. I'd probably take him [to Spurs].

he might be suited to the PL but he isn't suited/good enough for arsenal.
Original post by J.Star

There is no chance of this happening haha.
Original post by TobeTheHero
I'm really starting to hate man city and their manager! :angry: they're going for Hazard offering him EXTRA CASH$$$$:angry:

Eden said months ago he'll only be going arsenal or madrid from what I read. So theres no way he's going to either arsenal or man city..
Reply 48
Original post by bakefrancis
Eden said months ago he'll only be going arsenal or madrid from what I read. So theres no way he's going to either arsenal or man city..

but if he thinks he can win things with Man City on top of having heavy pay cheques then why wouldn't he? he's not guaranteed to win anything with us...
for the record I'd love to have him here. if he chose Real I'd be able to deal but Man City or Liverpool? *vomits*
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by nuage
but if he thinks he can win things with Man City on top of having heavy pay cheques then why wouldn't he? he's not guaranteed to win anything with us...
for the record I'd love to have him here. if he chose Real I'd be able to deal but Man City or Liverpool? *vomits*

Madrid looks the best of those options to him I'd guess. Prestige wise, its madrid. Money wise is madrid or city. Weirdly, if he wants to get a game in, he'd go arsenal. But he won't. He'll just end up a bench warmer the next year or two :/
Reply 50
My thread is getting off to a good start :proud:
Original post by Colonel.
My thread is getting off to a good start :proud:

i just realised your not even an arsenal supporter.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!! :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 52
It's getting pretty depressing that were linked to Bridge. We need a better player for a club of our stature and our ambitions. Bridge was a decent player a few years ago but there's a reason why Chelsea sold him and why he can't get a game at City. We really need to make a few good signings coupled with a world class signing. We sold Nasri and Fabregas for a combined £57 million and spent about £20 millions on signings. We now need to push on and sign a world class midfielder in Hazard. We were linked with Mata and should have payed for him in the summer, he would have done wonders for us. Now we shouldn't let Hazard slip too.
Reply 53
Original post by jilebinator
i just realised your not even an arsenal supporter.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!! :colone:

I may not support Arsenal, but I defend the right for you to support Arsenal.
Original post by Ultimate1
It's getting pretty depressing that were linked to Bridge. We need a better player for a club of our stature and our ambitions. Bridge was a decent player a few years ago but there's a reason why Chelsea sold him and why he can't get a game at City. We really need to make a few good signings coupled with a world class signing. We sold Nasri and Fabregas for a combined £57 million and spent about £20 millions on signings. We now need to push on and sign a world class midfielder in Hazard. We were linked with Mata and should have payed for him in the summer, he would have done wonders for us. Now we shouldn't let Hazard slip too.

hazard will go to madrid.

we had about £40 mill at the start of the last transfer window, add all the sales, we should have somewhere in the region of £80 mill, for jan,

We are never going to spend the £43 million it would take to get Hazard.

Rose tinted view. It's really not as simple as arsenal fans think. Who knows why we didn't sign mata, but theres the possibility seeing as an interview Mata gave after signing for chelsea tells Torres told him that signing for anyone but chelsea would be a waste. So Torres could of just told him, he'll win nothing unless he's at united city or chelsea, and he'd make bank at chelsea, not arsenal.

We can't just rock up and say, heres the 40mil, give us the player. Hazard reads the football results, and knows the crap media about us. He probably thinks we're on the way down. Who knows if he wants to carry a team or just be a passenger in an world class team.
the only way we will get a player like hazard is if they are boyhood fans.

if i was as good as messi (which i am) i would join arsenal and no on else.
Original post by Colonel.
I may not support Arsenal, but I defend the right for you to support Arsenal.

:s-smilie:
Reply 59
Original post by In2deep
Totally forgot about the games today :woohoo:

Love when that happens. Also, all the talk about Bridge, I just would like to say that Mancini has acted like a ****, that interview was very tasteless..

I'd forgotten as well. :woo:

It doesn't seem to be on TV (live), though. It's on immediately after the game ends; I'm half-tempted to shut out football news before that and then watch the replay immediately after. I've never done it before (usually just go on bbc.co.uk) but have heard of other people doing it; might try it out. Has anyone else on here done something similar? :beard:

Latest