The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smiths42
first time applicant
GCSE: 4A* 5A
AS: AAAB
A2 predictions: AAA*
no interview, i knew it was risky applying here because of the number of applicants to place, oh well:P
what about you?

Omg rejected before interview? That's harsh! Your stats are good, as well. are you going to request feedback?
Original post by laura130490
Me too, got two rejections so far, just waiting to be rejected from the other two!

Like you I couldn't afford the fees either, so doesn't really matter, but makes me feel less confident about my graduate entry application.

Oh yeah definitely. My other 2 are grad entry and they are difficult enough to get an interview for anyway so I doubt this is actually going to happen for me.

It's not a great way to end the year but I guess you've gotta stay a little positive-just frustrating that there's nothing you can do about it, and even more annoying that I thought my PS was stronger this year. :rolleyes:
Reply 702
first time applicant
GCSE: 4A* 5A
AS: AAAB
A2 predictions: AAA*
no interview, i knew it was risky applying here because of the number of applicants to place, oh well:P
what about you?

I didn't realise how competitive bsms was until I'd applied :P
GCSE: 7A* 2A
AS: AAAAA
A2 (achieved): AAABa, I'm a gap year student.. first rejection but have interviews elsewhere so I'm not worried :smile:
Hmmm haven't received any post for a few days.... I hope my rejection letter isn't lost :tongue:.

When do they start handing out the feb interviews?
Original post by Natha_Lite
Pre-interview, they didn't tell exactly what let me down but they did tell me my overall scores from the two assessors. The cut off score is 25.5 for interview. Other than that the rest of the email was pretty standard.

did u actually email them for the feedback or they sent it themselves?
Do you need 25.5 from both, or just one assessor?
Original post by sachinisgod
did u actually email them for the feedback or they sent it themselves?

I emailed them pretty soon after I recieved the rejection
Original post by fabregassed
Do you need 25.5 from both, or just one assessor?

You need a mean average of 25.5 from both of the assessors.
Reply 707
Hello,

I applied this year and have not heard ANYTHING back AT ALL!
haha

I have 9A*1A GCSE
4As at AS level and predicted 3A*s
I have quite good varied work experience I believe

When are the next interviews? And when will I hear back from them??? How many people are in my situation with them not replying at all? Haha
Thank you!
Reply 708
Original post by TheDustyKid
Omg rejected before interview? That's harsh! Your stats are good, as well. are you going to request feedback?

haaha thanks, oh well, still have 3 others to hear from:P yeah, i'm going to email today i think
Reply 709
Original post by KR1993
I didn't realise how competitive bsms was until I'd applied :P
GCSE: 7A* 2A
AS: AAAAA
A2 (achieved): AAABa, I'm a gap year student.. first rejection but have interviews elsewhere so I'm not worried :smile:

where else have you applied? with your grade you don't need to worry, i'm sure you'll get in elsewhere:smile:
Original post by ZeeBurb
Hello,

I applied this year and have not heard ANYTHING back AT ALL!
haha

I have 9A*1A GCSE
4As at AS level and predicted 3A*s
I have quite good varied work experience I believe

When are the next interviews? And when will I hear back from them??? How many people are in my situation with them not replying at all? Haha
Thank you!

I am in the same position, have had neither a rejection nor an interview yet - not sure what this means!
Reply 711
where else have you applied? with your grade you don't need to worry, i'm sure you'll get in elsewhere:smile:

Queens, Cardiff and Aberdeen! How about you? And thanks :smile:
Reply 712
Original post by KR1993
Queens, Cardiff and Aberdeen! How about you? And thanks :smile:

Liverpool, hull/york and southampton:smile:
Reply 713
its so nerve wracking waiting to hear back from them!
Original post by stantona
its so nerve wracking waiting to hear back from them!

true say
Yep got my rejection through UCAS today, bit miffed that I got rejected without an interview but this was just 4th choice..
Reply 716
Original post by fou de fafa
Yep got my rejection through UCAS today, bit miffed that I got rejected without an interview but this was just 4th choice..

Sorry to hear Jon.
I won't tell Sam it was only 4th choice, he won't be pleased!
got my feedback, just missed the cut off for interview by 1.75 marks. Oh well at least it wasnt drastically bad :P
Reply 718
Original post by sachinisgod
got my feedback, just missed the cut off for interview by 1.75 marks. Oh well at least it wasnt drastically bad :P

what's the cut off? and can you post your marks so we have an idea of how they grade, if you dont mind. please and thanks :smile:
Original post by .eXe
what's the cut off? and can you post your marks so we have an idea of how they grade, if you dont mind. please and thanks :smile:

Cut of was 25.5 average with 2 assesors. Mine was 23.75. They said people with 25 average score will be on the holding list.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending