The Student Room Group

Peninsula dentistry. . 2011 /2012

Scroll to see replies

Good luck with the interviews.

Hopefully you will be blazing a trail for me next year :wink:
Reply 141
Seems like alot of people with peninsula interviews have dental nursing experience or nursing degrees or have already graduated! Anyone in their final year of biomed?xx
Reply 142
Anyone who has their interview tomorrow can u please update us all on how it went, I'm getting really nervous now!! Good luck!!
Just had my IV today....can't really tell how well Iv done but fingers crossed...lol...the interview panel were really nice...you just need to relax, be focused and be urself... U will be fine.
Btw ap32g09 am in my final year of biomed.
Reply 144
Original post by ap32g09
Seems like alot of people with peninsula interviews have dental nursing experience or nursing degrees or have already graduated! Anyone in their final year of biomed?xx

Hey I'm a graduate, but I met at least 5 graduates that were in their final year of biomed so don't worry about it!

@abdulaziz got home ok without the coat? Lol!
Reply 145
omg I was sooo nervous at my iv...... f**ked it up big time :angry: really annoyed with myself but cant change it now :frown:

how did everyone elses iv go?
Reply 146
Thansk gepdent2013, am usually confident about stuff like this but got sick the day before which only got worse on the day of my iv :frown: fingers crossed would love a place there!!
Original post by cavvic
omg I was sooo nervous at my iv...... f**ked it up big time :angry: really annoyed with myself but cant change it now :frown:

how did everyone elses iv go?

I actually feel the same cavvic!! The grilling went on for about 25 minutes , nerves settled within me big time!! Stay hopeful,
Original post by gibsoni10
Anyone who has their interview tomorrow can u please update us all on how it went, I'm getting really nervous now!! Good luck!!

Mine was 12:15 today Gibsoni and Im still nervous 10 hrs later!! Did yours go ok? I'm so not sure about mine:angry:
Reply 149
Original post by Africancowboy
Mine was 12:15 today Gibsoni and Im still nervous 10 hrs later!! Did yours go ok? I'm so not sure about mine:angry:

Hi Africancowboy, aww im sure you will have done fine..we were all very nervous and they will account for that so stay hopeful! I felt it went ok and i answered the questions as best i could, its hard to judge it as there were so many good applicants i met from such a variety of backgrounds i think its just going to be pot luck at the end of the day. You were in right after me then, its a shame we didnt meet, could have united as adult nurses lol!

I feel quite relieved now that its all over, either way its out of our hands now and just have to be hopeful t hear good news in January! Did you go on the tour of the facilities?! I cant get over the location, i felt like i was at some private retreat lol.
just have to be hopeful t hear good news in January!

I think it might be a little later than that.
When I spoke to them a while back they said they had February interviews as well. Not sure if this means you'll have to wait until they have all been held.

Might be worth digging up last year's thread to see when offers were made.

Anyway, good luck - gives me butterflies just thinking about it!
Reply 151
Original post by cptKernow
I think it might be a little later than that.
When I spoke to them a while back they said they had February interviews as well. Not sure if this means you'll have to wait until they have all been held.

Might be worth digging up last year's thread to see when offers were made.

Anyway, good luck - gives me butterflies just thinking about it!

Well they told us today that they are having a meeting mid January and will send out offers at the end of January.. Either way I'm gonna be on tender hooks for a while lol!
hey guys what were the ethical scenarios like?
Hi Africancowboy, aww im sure you will have done fine..we were all very nervous and they will account for that so stay hopeful! I felt it went ok and i answered the questions as best i could, its hard to judge it as there were so many good applicants i met from such a variety of backgrounds i think its just going to be pot luck at the end of the day. You were in right after me then, its a shame we didnt meet, could have united as adult nurses lol!

I feel quite relieved now that its all over, either way its out of our hands now and just have to be hopeful t hear good news in January! Did you go on the tour of the facilities?! I cant get over the location, i felt like i was at some private retreat lol.

I'm glad you think yours went ok, not the same story with me then ha ha!! I've let my nerves settle in a way that actually affected my logical consistancy, and I ended up not being diverse enough with my answers as I wish I could- ahh nevermind. I will be quite pleased if they regret me as I feel I did mess up big time, not unless they were exploring something else that I may never have been aware of.
I went on the tour actually, the facilities look like they have never been used before! quite posh to be honest I thought. I liked the location a lot! away from noisy traffic and very leafy too- which is so me!! LOL!!! I found it so relaxing and very very appealing!! Good luck to you fella and fingers crossed for January to all of us who had interviews! Peace on earth and Merry Christmas,
Reply 154
Original post by Africancowboy
I'm glad you think yours went ok, not the same story with me then ha ha!! I've let my nerves settle in a way that actually affected my logical consistancy, and I ended up not being diverse enough with my answers as I wish I could- ahh nevermind. I will be quite pleased if they regret me as I feel I did mess up big time, not unless they were exploring something else that I may never have been aware of.
I went on the tour actually, the facilities look like they have never been used before! quite posh to be honest I thought. I liked the location a lot! away from noisy traffic and very leafy too- which is so me!! LOL!!! I found it so relaxing and very very appealing!! Good luck to you fella and fingers crossed for January to all of us who had interviews! Peace on earth and Merry Christmas,

I am the same mate nerves took over and my answers were sh*t and not a real prepesentation of me GRRRR fingers crossed for everyone!!
I want to know alreadyyy!
Reply 156
Original post by claireytoothfairy
I want to know alreadyyy!

same... and the more I think about it the more I think I've messed it up!!
Interesting: http://www.exeter.ac.uk/students/news/title_174107_en.html

Did anyone else get an e-mail regarding this?
Reply 158
yehhh received this email too interesting. I started getting excited when i saw it was off PCMD dammit lol
I received the mail as well, thought it was a very nice big rejection, only to find out out it's about the schools future, a message from the vice chancellor. I think it's good news actually, fingers crossed for everyone waiting for an offer. Peace!

Quick Reply

Latest