The Student Room Group

BSMS Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 720
Original post by sachinisgod
Cut of was 25.5 average with 2 assesors. Mine was 23.75. They said people with 25 average score will be on the holding list.

Thanks mate. I am gonna need a 10.5 or better on non-academic

Wow that's a lot of pressure, I hope whoever reads my PS has had their morning coffee and woke up in a good mood :biggrin:
Original post by .eXe
Thanks mate. I am gonna need a 10.5 or better on non-academic

Wow that's a lot of pressure, I hope whoever reads my PS has had their morning coffee and woke up in a good mood :biggrin:

how do they score? and whats it out of?
Reply 722
Original post by J1994D
how do they score? and whats it out of?

there are two sections: one for academic (marks only no UKCAT) and one for non academic (PS + Reference)

each is out of 15

you need total 25.5 out of 30 for an interview
Reply 723
Anyone know out of the 15 for the non academic, what is the reference scored out of?
Reply 724
Original post by wannabeDr
Anyone know out of the 15 for the non academic, what is the reference scored out of?

i'd assume its half and half
Any international applicants heard yet?? I haven't received anything from BSMS, not even an acknowledgement!
Reply 726
Neither have I :frown: They will be contacting us in January though for sure, if they want to interview us that is. As internationals they have to give us a good amount of notice and they only interview in Feb so lets hope for interview offers in Jan :smile:
I got an interviewwwww yayyyy :d!
Reply 728
Original post by MAMDS1993

That's great btw are you an international applicant?
And when is it?
:biggrin:
Reply 729

Congratulations :smile: Did you receive an e-mail or letter? And when is your interview! Good Luck :biggrin:
Reply 730
Original post by mamds1993
i got an interviewwwww yayyyy :d!

congratsssssssss

please tell me you're international so i go craazy in anticipation :d

Original post by .eXe
congratsssssssss

please tell me you're international so i go craazy in anticipation :d

Yepp i'm international from Tanzania!!
Original post by xxsanhaxx

Original post by xxsanhaxx
That's great btw are you an international applicant?
And when is it?
:biggrin:

They have allowed me to choose any date in feb..3 choices! I received an email!
Reply 733
Yepp i'm international from Tanzania!!

whoo hoo!!! congrats mate i swear you're the first intl with interview this year

sooo happy for you!!! hoping i get my email!! btw what time did you receive the email?

Original post by .eXe
whoo hoo!!! congrats mate i swear you're the first intl with interview this year

sooo happy for you!!! hoping i get my email!! btw what time did you receive the email?

Thank youuuu so much!! Lol I dont know if im the first but I think they still have to give out loads more interviews seeing that theyve given me such a wide range of dates to choose from :smile:! Ull get ur email dont worry, this totally makes up for my east anglia rejection..bsms is so much better. Got it at 4.10 GMT. Goodluck with yours, an email is just around the corner :wink:
Thank youuuu so much!! Lol I dont know if im the first but I think they still have to give out loads more interviews seeing that theyve given me such a wide range of dates to choose from :smile:! Ull get ur email dont worry, this totally makes up for my east anglia rejection..bsms is so much better. Got it at 4.10 GMT. Goodluck with yours, an email is just around the corner :wink:

I got a UEA rejection yesterday : ( Can't believe BSMS are giving out interviews again already. Can practically feel that rejection email coming (my confidence has been shattered. Stupid UEA T_T).

Well done to you, though! ^^
Reply 736
I got a letter from BSMS two week ago rejecting me - it was the day before my 18th Birthday so needless to say I was very upset :/

Anyways my head of year managed to contact them to ask why I didnt get an interview. They just gave me some bull**** about not having as many non-academic qualifications as other candidates - this was really frustrating as I have done everything possible to ensure that I had the right qualifications for medicine and it was really vague what would have been useful would have been something like you havent done enough work experience or your UKCAT score is too low.

Has anyone else been rejected for the same reasons?
Original post by Maz93
I got a letter from BSMS two week ago rejecting me - it was the day before my 18th Birthday so needless to say I was very upset :/

Anyways my head of year managed to contact them to ask why I didnt get an interview. They just gave me some bull**** about not having as many non-academic qualifications as other candidates - this was really frustrating as I have done everything possible to ensure that I had the right qualifications for medicine and it was really vague what would have been useful would have been something like you havent done enough work experience or your UKCAT score is too low.

Has anyone else been rejected for the same reasons?

I wouldn't worry too much :h: I got the same bull**** 2 years running when I applied to BSMS. Their admissions system is literally a load of ****, considering I scored higher on my first attempt with no work experience, and then lower with loads of work experience as well as working as an HCA with the excuse that I had not done enough work experience :tongue: it seems to be a running thing with BSMS where they just pick names out of a hat really :tongue:
Original post by Jai Jai
Sorry to hear Jon.
I won't tell Sam it was only 4th choice, he won't be pleased!

Judging by the number of negative marks on my post, don't think anyone else was that pleased either! Was just trying to look for a positive from a negative..
Original post by Fuero
I sent mine off on the 11th of October

ok thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending