The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hackett
*everyone frantically flips out for not applying to BP programme*

haha yeah i was tactically thinking that i should not mention it on here so that i have some better chances :tongue: but i needed the help so .. !

Original post by i_hate_teeth
do you go to UCL?

nah i dont, i am actually another user on TSR just dont wanna post from that so i can hide my identity incase BP or other places wanna do some TSR searching
Reply 1361
No news from JPM

Can only hope they do batches of interviews
Reply 1362
Original post by i_hate_teeth
do you go to UCL?

Tell me when your interview is for JPM and I'll take you out for a coffee afterwards. Really want to see what you're like in real life.
Reply 1363
i think jp do it in batches because there were around 20 slots to pick an interview time (this is for IBD) each of an hour - so 2 people a slot - so 40 places overall - I assuming a few thousand applied - and they have around 40 to 50 places for the actual spring week I think - so dont worry those who havent heard
For people with JPM interviews, what is competition like? 3 interviewees per place?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by I'mSet
More like 20..

I mean for people WITH interviews.
Reply 1366
Original post by natashabedford
I mean for people WITH interviews.

Apologies, probably about 4-8 yeah.
Reply 1367
Original post by eco1234
don't worry im pretty sure there are batches, there were about 15 interview slots to choose from so there will definitely be batches... ive not got an interview for markets mind, but im sure its a similar set up. plus i reckon i got 16/17max on the numerical :smile:

Last year for JPM Experience the Markets 60 people were called for interview with 4 people per slot. If there are 15 slots then that is 60 people:frown::frown::frown:
Reply 1368
Original post by twinkl
Last year for JPM Experience the Markets 60 people were called for interview with 4 people per slot. If there are 15 slots then that is 60 people:frown::frown::frown:

yeeeh i suppose thats true. do you know how many spring interns they take?? (I'm IBD not markets though...)
Only 15 slots? Is that pretty much what most of them have?

Ouch, a lot harder than I thought!
JP Morgan tend to take more spring interns than most other banks. From last year i know more people who got onto their internships than onto any other banks. Most banks historically tend to take 40-50 interns onto the spring programs, JP Morgan historically has taken 200 over 2 week long internships (these were the figures through the mid 2000s before the crash). I would expect that JP Morgan are taking around 50 for each of IB and Markets; and i expect that they will send out more invites to interview after this round. In these times nothing is really a certainty though; most banks will be cutting back.

I have no source, just what i have heard, and my own opinion. Take of it what you want.

Most banks interview several people at once by the way; so the 15 slots might be 60 people.
Original post by twinkl

Original post by Michael XYZ
Only 15 slots? Is that pretty much what most of them have?

Ouch, a lot harder than I thought!

Do you guys mean that you have an interview alongside 3 other applicants? I.E. In the same room, being asked questions?
Reply 1372
Do you guys mean that you have an interview alongside 3 other applicants? I.E. In the same room, being asked questions?

wtf lol - ?? i highly doubt that...

There will probs give more interviews places out because think about it this way guys - maybe 2000 people applied - for say 60 places.

They arent just gonna give 60 interviews - there will probs be other days later in january....

I'm sure these banks have more than 1 person in their HR to carry out interviews

Nope; 4 interviewers in separate rooms and the applicants swap after 30 minutes and have interviews individually with different interviewers simultaneously.
Gah, well this is difficult. :frown:
Reply 1376
Original post by Industrious Orca
Nope; 4 interviewers in separate rooms and the applicants swap after 30 minutes and have interviews individually with different interviewers simultaneously.

from the email I gathered it was only 2 interviews with 1 or 2 people interviewing....
Reply 1377
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
I'm sure these banks have more than 1 person in their HR to carry out interviews

its not HR - its associate or vice president..
Original post by LawQC
from the email I gathered it was only 2 interviews with 1 or 2 people interviewing....

You would only swap once. You won't be interviewed by every single interviewer in the department lol
Out of curiosity, what news sources do you guys use?

Used to read the Economist (cliché as hell) before my subscription of sorts ran out.

Latest

Trending

Trending