The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3100
101 things not to do In Playoffs week in all of your fantasy leagues: Forget to sort out your teams :frown:
Original post by Rekyht
101 things not to do In Playoffs week in all of your fantasy leagues: Forget to sort out your teams :frown:

:colone:
Reply 3102
Original post by RabbitCFH
:colone:

I was going to Start Pierre Thomas! Would have been an extra 14 points! D:
Started Sanchez instead of Vick in one league, sat Brady in the other. FML.
In the TSR final :colone:
Reply 3105
Original post by I Kant Spall
Yup, Pats fan here. Just got to watch my team dismantle Tebow and the Broncos. America kinda loves Tebow, and definitely hates the Patriots. It was nice to put an end to Tebow mania and sever all the Tebowners sprouting up around the country while also securing a playoff spot.

Beast of the East yet again. :cool:

When the Broncos beat the Bills and book a place in the playoffs this week you dont think tebowmania will be back again ?

Gotta say that as a Bears fan the last few weeks have been painful first Caleb Hanie who makes me long for sexy rex Grossman to be back under centre and a catalogue of **** from ex-cowboys first Williams tips a walk in TD easy catch for a pick and lost us the game then Barber in Denver not going out of bounds then fumbling and last but not least Sam Hurd being arrested as the Tony Montana of Illinios leaves us out the playoff hunt, season cant end soon enough at this rate
Reply 3106
Eagles fan here. We've been so inconsistent this year but somehow, we're still in with a chance of winning the NFC East and making the playoffs. Shady McCoy has just been awesome this year and Brent Celek has played well. The defence on its day is very good but has been poor too many times this season and has not lived up to its dream team billing.
My boyfriend has just started playing american football, can anyone think of any equipment or anything that will improve his game which I could get him for christmas? Sorry to interrupt all this serious NFL talk, I thought this would be the best place to ask.
Reply 3108
The equipment is super expensive, especially in the UK.

You would have to know what he has already. Helmet? Shoulder pads? Football pants? Gloves?

There are some things that every player must have, but others are position specific. What position does he play?
Original post by Hot Sauce
My boyfriend has just started playing american football, can anyone think of any equipment or anything that will improve his game which I could get him for christmas? Sorry to interrupt all this serious NFL talk, I thought this would be the best place to ask.

Gloves would probably be a good gift, but which pair to get depends on his position. As its so close to christmas, you'll struggle as all the best stuff has to be ordered online.

Your best bet is something that exists in UK sports shops such as boots/underarmour/socks or rely on pot luck and you might find a random NFL jersey.
(edited 12 years ago)
Thanks for your help! He has all the kit that he needs, really. I just wondered if there were any small extras that aren't essential but would give him a bit of an edge (He plays defensive line I think?). I'm not going to see him until the new year so there's no worries about ordering online. He's an Eagles fan so equipment aside are there any general american football related things that you guys can think of?
Thanks for your help! He has all the kit that he needs, really. I just wondered if there were any small extras that aren't essential but would give him a bit of an edge (He plays defensive line I think?). I'm not going to see him until the new year so there's no worries about ordering online. He's an Eagles fan so equipment aside are there any general american football related things that you guys can think of?

Maybe this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NFL-PHILADELPHIA-EAGLES-3-1-T-SHIRT-COMBO-SET-JERSEY-TOP-BNWT-RRP-34-99-/270877319995?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_American_Football_Clothing_LE&var=&hash=item84b9a1f494

HGH
Reply 3114

He's genuine whether or not you think the religion is too much
(edited 12 years ago)
What a win by the Colts last night against the Texans. Admittedly, they got a fair few penalties go their way in the final drive and one by JJ Watt was a very harsh call (penalised for momentum carrying him forward, given as roughing the passer) which gave a first down, but the two other penalties were very clear for Pass Interference and Facemasking.

Recorded it on the Sky+ and watched the whole thing this morning and was chuffed to bits for them. Though they might well have effed up the #1 pick, especially because you can see them winning in Jacksonville next week, putting them on three wins and both the Rams and the Vikings having two tough games each. With all this debate about the future of Peyton Manning, maybe it's a sign they want to keep him on and hope they uncover a star in the draft next season or the season after.

Can't wait until tomorrow for the Giants at the Jets (I say at the Jets...). Game is massive for the NFC East and also for the Jets' playoffs hopes as well!
Reply 3116

Bicep bands, https://secure.footballamerica.co.uk/store/others/244-nike-home-and-away-red-white-dri-fit-arm-bands.html

Enough to at least do each arm and each calf.

She asked for something that would give him an edge, not make him the laughing stock of the opposition :tongue:
Reply 3118
The Jets had better win tomorrow. **** the Giants.
How the **** are bicep bands £6 each.

Latest