The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone
I realise that I am pretty late on thinking about spring weeks... but do you know if they still have places? Is it worth applying? Or would I be too far down the pipeline to be in with a chance at all?

Thanks a lot
Original post by eco1234
congrats! when did you send in your application btw?

Original post by Mr Nonsense
Hi everyone
I realise that I am pretty late on thinking about spring weeks... but do you know if they still have places? Is it worth applying? Or would I be too far down the pipeline to be in with a chance at all?

Thanks a lot

Thanks, I sent my application and completed both the tests last Tues/Weds so it's definitely not too late.
I've applied everywhere except BNPP and GS and haven't heard a thing except tests :frown:
Reply 1443
Original post by sportycricketer
I've applied everywhere except BNPP and GS and haven't heard a thing except tests :frown:

Same here, have yet to apply to BNPP, but other than that, so far no interviews, but I guess it's 'good' comparing it to a scenario where you get straight out rejections.
Original post by TomasK
Same here, have yet to apply to BNPP, but other than that, so far no interviews, but I guess it's 'good' comparing it to a scenario where you get straight out rejections.

Original post by sportycricketer

I'm working on BNPP right now, the essay requires too much thought 3 days before Christmas :-P
Reply 1445
Just a heads up on HSBC. They have two piles of CVs those who applied in the first half and those who applied in the second half (I applied mid Nov and was in the first half, but I don't know what the cut-offs are). They interview all potentials for the first half before the deadline, and all potentials for the second half after the deadline.

No ACs. Just a 30-40 minute telephone interview, and everyone finds out in Jan.
Original post by miml
Just a heads up on HSBC. They have two piles of CVs those who applied in the first half and those who applied in the second half (I applied mid Nov and was in the first half, but I don't know what the cut-offs are). They interview all potentials for the first half before the deadline, and all potentials for the second half after the deadline.

No ACs. Just a 30-40 minute telephone interview, and everyone finds out in Jan.

Thanks for the heads up!

How do you know?
Reply 1447
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Thanks for the heads up!

How do you know?

Just finished my interview like 20 mins ago.
Reply 1448
Original post by miml

You're on a roll with these interviews.
Original post by miml

Dayum, congrats.

I'm guessing there were some technical Qs?
Reply 1450
Original post by TomasK
You're on a roll with these interviews.

Well I'm done for now... waiting for the golden ticket that is a JPM/MS/GS/CS interview.

Original post by Doughnuts!!
Dayum, congrats.

I'm guessing there were some technical Qs?

No technical stuff really - mostly questions about finance/banking/HSBC. It was mostly about recent financial developments and how they would affect HSBC.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1451
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
I asked this question and all I got in response was neg rep

Edit: Lol, come at me you IB-corporate whores

DO not know why people are giving you neg rep. So I gave you +ve rep :smile:
hey guys, just got a telephone interview invite to Credit Suisse in Jan. Does anyone know what kind of questions they usually ask? Is it competency or technical or both?
And is this the last stage of the application process or may there be a face-to-face interview afterwards?
Thanks
What test system is for Citi?
Original post by philippat
hey guys, just got a telephone interview invite to Credit Suisse in Jan. Does anyone know what kind of questions they usually ask? Is it competency or technical or both?
And is this the last stage of the application process or may there be a face-to-face interview afterwards?
Thanks

Hey, were you notified via email?
Original post by Ram92
DO not know why people are giving you neg rep. So I gave you +ve rep :smile:

cheers bro
Reply 1456
Original post by mcp2
Personality test :confused: I got rejected straight after hitting submit application!

did you do the personality test for the HSBC first year retail summer internship?

how long after you finished the test did you find out you were rejected?

I've finished it, but not heard anything yet... the test was really weird though1!
Original post by Cabine Sono Qui
cheers bro

"IB corporate whores"

I LOL'ed. :teehee:

How's life going, man?
Original post by miml
Well I'm done for now... waiting for the golden ticket that is a JPM/MS/GS/CS interview.

No technical stuff really - mostly questions about finance/banking/HSBC. It was mostly about recent financial developments and how they would affect HSBC.

Lol @ your rankings...

It should be GS/JPM/MS/Citi/Deutsche. Credit Suisse isnt up there

Those of you who got credit suisse phone ivws, when did you apply? Also, when did you apply to HSBC (if you've had any sort of interview for the 1st yr spring week in IB (trading))??
which HSBC spring insight have people applied to?

Latest

Trending

Trending