The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sportycricketer
which HSBC spring insight have people applied to?

The IB one. I think there is a retail one too if that is what you mean? but IB does seem much much better
Original post by natashabedford
The IB one. I think there is a retail one too if that is what you mean? but IB does seem much much better

Can you link me to that please?
Reply 1462
Lol @ your rankings...

It should be GS/JPM/MS/Citi/Deutsche. Credit Suisse isnt up there

Ahem...

http://about.bloomberg.com/pdf/glma.pdf

edit: also, http://www.vault.com/wps/portal/usa/rankings/individual?rankingId1=251&rankingId2=251&rankings=1&rankingYear=2012
(edited 12 years ago)

GFA M&A isnt the be all and end all...check out trading volumes as well. CS are one of the many banks that puts up a good fight in M&A but flops in comparison in trading.

Anyway, thanks for those links. the first one especially was really interesting
Lol @ your rankings...

It should be GS/JPM/MS/Citi/Deutsche. Credit Suisse isnt up there

Sorry? What? Who told you that was any sort of ranking? CS is generally more successful than Citi, and arguably DB in some cases.
Original post by woods.vanessa
JPM interview coming up! How are people preparing?
Email said we may have to re-sit the numerical!

I'm going to research JP Morgan and it's culture and read the BBC website on business, economy and banking news.
Reply 1467
to try and crush rumours. JPM are interviewing 300 applicants by phone. After that numbers are anyones guess. Not that anyone should bother. that was what my interviewer said. he had only 5 of them so it all rests on their feedback compared to others so a fair amount of luck involved.
does anyone know if there is a further face-to-face interview after a telephone interview at Credit Suisse?
and what kind of questions do they usually ask?
thanks
Reply 1469
Original post by A54321A
to try and crush rumours. JPM are interviewing 300 applicants by phone. After that numbers are anyones guess. Not that anyone should bother. that was what my interviewer said. he had only 5 of them so it all rests on their feedback compared to others so a fair amount of luck involved.

Which program did you apply to, what do you think you got on the numerical, do you live outside the UK?
Original post by A54321A

The people who got invites yesterday were for face to face interviews, so they're not doing phone interviews.
Reply 1471
Original post by twinkl
Which program did you apply to, what do you think you got on the numerical, do you live outside the UK?

Sorry ignore what I put. 300 was meant for Morgan Stanley.

JPM. I just got rejected post tests and sort of forgotten how i did, having done so many tests. Hunch that it was one of my worst ones and around 14/20. Brain freeze

best of luck
Reply 1472
Original post by twinkl

and no i live in the UK. Always have done.

And that was for the markets programme.
Original post by A54321A
to try and crush rumours. MS are interviewing 300 applicants by phone. After that numbers are anyones guess. Not that anyone should bother. that was what my interviewer said. he had only 5 of them so it all rests on their feedback compared to others so a fair amount of luck involved.

So if we havent received an invite for phone interview already, we are going to be rejected?
Reply 1474
So if we havent received an invite for phone interview already, we are going to be rejected?

Not necessarily. He didnt say if all 300 had been decided or not - wouldnt surprise me if they were doing batches as trying to compare 300 people is a mean task.

He just said that he had 5 of 300 that will be phoned.

I got phoned on monday and they had to be done by latest today. Doubt anyone will hear until after xmas.

hope this helps
Reply 1475
Original post by A54321A
Not necessarily. He didnt say if all 300 had been decided or not - wouldnt surprise me if they were doing batches as trying to compare 300 people is a mean task.

He just said that he had 5 of 300 that will be phoned.

I got phoned on monday and they had to be done by latest today. Doubt anyone will hear until after xmas.

hope this helps

Were you told in advance about your MS phone interview or was it out of the blue?
Reply 1476
jp morgan rejection anyone?
Reply 1477
Original post by Milan.

When, what program, test?
Original post by Milan.

Why do you ask, have you just heard from them?
Just submitted my HSBC GBM spring app. Any idea what's the next step like? Sorry if this has been asked/mentioned earlier.

Latest

Trending

Trending