The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mikeyd85
GetJar are doing a shed load of free apps for the next two days. Get 'em whilst they're hot! :biggrin:

Sweet thanks a lot! I've just opened tabs of 24 of them to download :tongue: A lot of them I bought when they were down to 10p on the Market :tongue:

Any news on ICS SGSII release date anyone? :smile:
Original post by hassi94
Sweet thanks a lot! I've just opened tabs of 24 of them to download :tongue: A lot of them I bought when they were down to 10p on the Market :tongue:

Any news on ICS SGSII release date anyone? :smile:

Q1 '12

Also, Duke Nukem 3D is currently free on the market.
Original post by G8D
The GetJar apps seem mostly rubbish :frown:

Good tip though :top:

Yup - still, there's a couple of apps in there and the odd game that I wanted to play! :biggrin:
just got my Sensation delivered this morning, I am absolutely loving it :biggrin:
Original post by biffyclyro27
just got my Sensation delivered this morning, I am absolutely loving it :biggrin:

You didn't describe it as sensational... :getmecoat:
I updated my Galaxy S2 from 2.3.4 to 2.3.5 and it seems like the font has changed. However, when I look at the font options it says that it is set to default.
Can I pick your brains on why CWM isnt working on my bros wildfire?

Spoiler

Will rep for eternity if anyone can figure this out.

Edit: Got it to work for a bit, flashing rom nao. Hope it works.

Edit2: All good :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Quick question for you guys. My mobile internet and wifi were both off last night on my HTC Sensation. However, I managed to receive an email at 3.20 in the morning which woke me up! How does it do this? On my hero, it only synced the data when you had wifi or mobile internet on.
(edited 12 years ago)
:dontknow:

How can a phone receive data when it has no data connection.

Regarding the Note, and plenty of other Android phones; It's a shame that in order to get a smooth Android experience you've got to go down the custom ROM route.
:dontknow:

How can a phone receive data when it has no data connection.

Regarding the Note, and plenty of other Android phones; It's a shame that in order to get a smooth Android experience you've got to go down the custom ROM route.

weird... I thought maybe it turns on mobile data to update itself? I'll have to keep an eye on it, it's very strange.
weird... I thought maybe it turns on mobile data to update itself? I'll have to keep an eye on it, it's very strange.

Presuming you've not got something like Tasker set to turn on data at a certain time?
Quick question for you guys. My mobile internet and wifi were both off last night on my HTC Sensation. However, I managed to receive an email at 3.20 in the morning which woke me up! How does it do this? On my hero, it only synced the data when you had wifi or mobile internet on.

It shouldn't do. You could try turning off sync for the night as well see if that is forcing it to reconnect. Would be a bit worried if it was tho
Presuming you've not got something like Tasker set to turn on data at a certain time?

Nope, nothing like that. Just got it a few days ago, so haven't done anything out of the ordinary.

Original post by wizard710
It shouldn't do. You could try turning off sync for the night as well see if that is forcing it to reconnect. Would be a bit worried if it was tho

Yeah, I'll give it ago.

The only other thing I could think of is that Wifi/internet was still on, but the icon was not displaying for some reason.

Anyway, at least I know it's not normal now!
GMote is amazing!

Original post by G8D
Played with Transformer original with dock in hmv today. It's awesome and I now really want a 3G Prime. :sad:

Have they announced a UK 3G model?

My SGS2 does the same thing. I've seen wifi come on momentarily sometimes even when the toggle is off. I think it's doing this every now and then. I get lots of emails with all data shut off. It could be the 3G toggle not working correctly, but I haven't narrowed it down.
Anyone have the LG 2x?
Reply 6577
Original post by itsmyname
Anyone have the LG 2x?

Nope, I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 though.
Original post by itsmyname
Anyone have the LG 2x?

Worst phone I've ever had. :frown: kept crashing / freezing. Hope yours is better! Anything I can help you with.
Worst phone I've ever had. :frown: kept crashing / freezing. Hope yours is better! Anything I can help you with.

Oh, that's not good then. I haven't bought it, just looking around for a decent android phone. Looking at a GS2 second hand, I have the money for it but I can't psychologically justify spending £300+ in one go on a device, prefer spreading the cost over a contract. But the sim only contract I'm on now (which would cost too much to terminate) + buying the phone would work out cheaper than a contract.

:angry:

That's why the GS2 needs to drop in price Lol

Latest

Trending

Trending