The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1560
Lol at the 10 post noobs coming in and saying they have offers.

EDIT: And then neg rep like it makes a difference. :rofl:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1561
I heard from my friend I dont know if this is true but to get an interview from JP - you need 17 or 18 / 18 in the numerical.
JP Morgan offered me a place to be CEO but I declined. **** that anyway, I'm holding out for Goldman Sachs obviously...
Reply 1563
haters gonna hate!
Original post by LawQC
I heard from my friend I dont know if this is true but to get an interview from JP - you need 17 or 18 / 18 in the numerical.

They could really improve the application system by letting us know the test scores. Saves a lot of time waiting around for further progress thinking you've done well in case you haven't.

Barcap's pretty good in that it lets you know you've passed the numerical to get to the verbal test.
Reply 1565
Original post by Marc Fiorano
They could really improve the application system by letting us know the test scores. Saves a lot of time waiting around for further progress thinking you've done well in case you haven't.

Barcap's pretty good in that it lets you know you've passed the numerical to get to the verbal test.

hm to be honest I think JP's system is better because barcap's is flawed for obvious reasons!
Reply 1566
Original post by LawQC

I spoke to my cousin about this. He works for J.P in M&A. He said that you need pretty much 100% but even that won't guarantee you an interview with the firm
Reply 1567
Original post by sw3
I spoke to my cousin about this. He works for J.P in M&A. He said that you need pretty much 100% but even that won't guarantee you an interview with the firm

Ah Sw3 postcode? I am SW1x :biggrin:
Original post by SW1X
Yer I will. Have you heard anything yet?

Lucky you! Guess you will quit your dayjob at the boutique then huh? "I finally made it in sales at a boutique IB."
Reply 1569
Original post by sw3

ye but I think everyone who got 100% got an interview...
Reply 1570
Original post by LawQC

i'm pretty sure i got 100% in the tests (not trying to sound up myself lols). But my a-levels were pretty poor for IB standard. Guess that let me down. Will need to try get feedback if possible
Reply 1571
Original post by LawQC

I dunno, maybe. I'm quite sure I've got 100% in all the numericals I've taken except MS maybe (without sounding like a cock, I'm studying maths, if I can't do simple ratios and stuff there isn't much chance of me doing well in my degree).

But reading back my answer to their "Why JPM" question, I wouldn't be surprised if a child wrote it.

Regardless, good luck to all those with interviews and I'm sure the majority of people on this thread will get something somewhere.

As for the trolls, you may have offers/interviews but unfortunately your word counts for so little on here that it's a bit pointless posting on here.
(edited 12 years ago)
I've got 700ucas points and me together with a couple of other finance whizzes all got rejected from Jpm. Their loss
Do they use the same numerical tests for SWs, Summer Internships and Graduate Positions? Does anybody know? Just seems strange to me that they'd expect 100% at a 1st year and a graduate level if that's the case.
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Did you not do any SW last year?

Nope; i got rejected from all without interview (applied to 10 minus BNP and UBS).

In response to those saying that you need 100% in the numericals to get an interview; i usually finish the numericals in 12 minutes, then realise that i messed up 1 or 2 questions; and i have an interview with JPMorgan, so....
Original post by Outsanity
Do they use the same numerical tests for SWs, Summer Internships and Graduate Positions? Does anybody know? Just seems strange to me that they'd expect 100% at a 1st year and a graduate level if that's the case.

Yes; they're the same; it will be the same pass mark at all levels (for the same division; ie: operations and IBD are likely to be slightly different), as it is only GCSE level maths anyway, and it won't be 100% in most cases.
Woah. What happened to the sudden influx of IB prostitutes? Gheeeze SW1X/I hate (cum on my) teeth, chill out. What kick do you get out of laughing at other peoples' downfalls?
Original post by Industrious Orca
Nope; i got rejected from all without interview (applied to 10 minus BNP and UBS)..

Did you get any feedback from them? You've done well since then in securing a GS Internship. Congrats
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Did you get any feedback from them? You've done well since then in securing a GS Internship. Congrats

No; i think my cover letter writing style was a bit off, and my CV wasn't as good as it is now. It's so competitive that little things can sway all your applications. Luckily summer internship firms don't care too much about applicants having spring internships so i've been able to do well this year.
Reply 1579
JPM IB Rejection
DB Rejection
MS Rejection
CS Rejection

Still being considered
UBS
GS
BoAML
Nomura
HSBC

Latest