The Student Room Group

The "What Film Is This?" Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Original post by mel_1991
It's a horror film; there's people trapped in these like cages, there's water in them and a grate over their heads. The main character is a girl but she meets a guy in another cage next to her. There's someone else but they're taken off to be killed by the murderer/monster/whatever.

I can really vagely remember the oddest scenes. My friend thinks it's Creep but I'm not 100%

Yeh, sounds very much like Creep.
Reply 301
Original post by noggins
Yeh, sounds very much like Creep.

Ahh thank you :smile:
Reply 302
Original post by Guru Jason
Possibly could be Splash. starring tom hanks.

Yes I think that's it! Thanks :smile:
Original post by music788
I'm desperately trying to find the name of a film I sure as a child. Firstly, IT'S NOT E.T.!!!!!!
It's quite old school, must be 80s maybe??

All i can remember is a boy finding some sort of little alien creature. They become friends, and at one point theyre in a spaceship together flying over a town in the dark with loads of stars in the sky...

Longshot, but anyone know what i'm talking about!? Lol

Sorry, it's a rather late reply, but would it be 'Mac and Me?"
Reply 304
Original post by mel_1991
It's a horror film; there's people trapped in these like cages, there's water in them and a grate over their heads. The main character is a girl but she meets a guy in another cage next to her. There's someone else but they're taken off to be killed by the murderer/monster/whatever.

I can really vagely remember the oddest scenes. My friend thinks it's Creep but I'm not 100%

Yeah I think it is Creep. I remember that cage scene.
Its about a group of young people that befreind a couple who offers them sex/drugs but a price.

It takes a place in a post apolyptic world?
I remember seeing this movie on TV when I was like 7, where a group of pioneers found this island ruled by chimps who captured some of the pioneers and sacrificed them by putting them on an altar thingy and smashing a rock on their face. I remember the remaining pioneers befriending some of the chimps, because some of 'em were good. Or were they bad? And there was one bit where they were hiding in a bush from a raid of chimps, and there were chimps hiding in the bush with them, and they helped camoflauge them.
Original post by raaachek
I remember seeing this movie on TV when I was like 7, where a group of pioneers found this island ruled by chimps who captured some of the pioneers and sacrificed them by putting them on an altar thingy and smashing a rock on their face. I remember the remaining pioneers befriending some of the chimps, because some of 'em were good. Or were they bad? And there was one bit where they were hiding in a bush from a raid of chimps, and there were chimps hiding in the bush with them, and they helped camoflauge them.

It wasn't the original Planet of the Apes was it? It's the only thing I can think of, but I'll keep looking. :smile:
Original post by Pandora.
It wasn't the original Planet of the Apes was it? It's the only thing I can think of, but I'll keep looking. :smile:

Thanks! :smile: It could be, no idea..
Part of it is about a mother and her daughter in a supermarket. The little girl was in a trolley, carrying a doll. This doll's obsessed and evil, and makes all the people in the supermarket kill themselves. The mother kept running into these dying people and runs out of the supermarket.

I just remember watching this segment on TV when I was younger.. I was too scared to watch it all back then, but now that I like horrors, I really want to watch the whole movie! Any ideas? :smile:
Original post by HelloLinny
Part of it is about a mother and her daughter in a supermarket. The little girl was in a trolley, carrying a doll. This doll's obsessed and evil, and makes all the people in the supermarket kill themselves. The mother kept running into these dying people and runs out of the supermarket.

I just remember watching this segment on TV when I was younger.. I was too scared to watch it all back then, but now that I like horrors, I really want to watch the whole movie! Any ideas? :smile:

Is this a Chinese movie? sounds pretty random..
Original post by Casshern1456
Is this a Chinese movie? sounds pretty random..

Haha it does actually, reading back what I wrote.
And no, it's an American movie.
Can't remember the name of the film. Here is what I remember:

Loads of animals live in a wood. An elder teaches all the younglings and mentions some flying contraption he invented. Humans come in and kill the animals (gas I think). One elder and the younglings survive. One of the younglings is ill. The other younglings must go to some giant cliff to recover a flower so the elder can cure the ill youngling. The younglings build his contraption and get the plant.
Original post by HelloLinny

A deadly doll? Sounds like it could be one of the Chucky/Child's Play movies (though I'm probably wrong).
Original post by RabbitCFH
A deadly doll? Sounds like it could be one of the Chucky/Child's Play movies (though I'm probably wrong).

That's what came to me for me too.
Reply 315
It's an american film where this guy boards a spaceship (he never eneters space) and travels around....?
whose in it?
Reply 317
Close encounters of the third kind?

Although in that film he only boards it right at the end, and it doesn't show him travelling. Can you give us any more info?
Reply 318
The spaceship talks to him
Flight of the navigator?

Quick Reply

Latest