The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by i_hate_teeth
Has anyone else's DB status changed to 'Interview Process'?

Thats automatic after completing the test, no?

Mine says this:
You have successfully completed our online test. Your results have been submitted for review and you will be contacted shortly.
Original post by AndersonsBentFoot
Thats automatic after completing the test, no?

Mine says this:
You have successfully completed our online test. Your results have been submitted for review and you will be contacted shortly.

I didn't know/notice that the status changed to interview process after I completed the tests, I thought it said 'Application Submitted'
I didn't know/notice that the status changed to interview process after I completed the tests, I thought it said 'Application Submitted'

Possibly, I didnt notice as well but if we were successful with the tests, an email would've been nice
Reply 1643
I thought CS sent the online assessments automatically?

Well, they didn't notify me through email, didn't check via the app system though, might just do that just in case.

To someone who asked about Nomura, I got their invite like 2-3 days after submiting my application.

EDIT: Fun times, logged in to CS just to find out I was rejected some time ago for no reason - didn't even have the chance to do the test and I don't recall my CV being THAT weak. FML
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1644
When did you take your UBS Test?

I took it on monday night, got the rejection at 6am on tuesday morning lol. My numerical went pretty good imo but logic is anyone's guess. My mate did his and got a rejection in 3 hours.

Have you taken yours? If they haven't said anything it means you did well enough and theyre considering you.
Original post by Zynx
I took it on monday night, got the rejection at 6am on tuesday morning lol. My numerical went pretty good imo but logic is anyone's guess. My mate did his and got a rejection in 3 hours.

Have you taken yours? If they haven't said anything it means you did well enough and theyre considering you.

interesting
i took the ubs tests yesterday, i couldn't finish the numerical (aahah i'm studying math) but i think i got at least 16 right on the logic one...
i think i do not have a chance but at least i tried :biggrin:

now i'm waiting for HSBC and still completing the application for GS ahah
Reply 1647
Because I have a choice between posting on TSR and doing my essay... a quick update

Pending
HSBC - Interview done, find out in Jan
Jane Street - Telephone interviews going on
BarCap, UBS, RBS, Citi, BoAML, GS, CS, MS, Nomura - Tests for those that have them

Rejection
DB, JPM
Original post by Zynx

I completed mine on the 17th December. Still not heard back and nothing has changed on the Application status. Thanks for the reply though and good luck with your interviews
Original post by moritzplatz
i took the ubs tests yesterday, i couldn't finish the numerical (aahah i'm studying math) but i think i got at least 16 right on the logic one...

lol doesn't it just make you laugh when you're doing a highly quant degree and yet struggle to do a numerical? I'm doing physics and ran out of time on my MS test and just laughed. My course mates and I are always joking about it, we can do degree level high order derivatives and quantum mechanics...but 20 mins of basic arithmetic? No chance :p:
Original post by Zynx
rejections are so annoying even though I expect majority rejections it still ruins the day lol. I'm from a crap uni though so I like to blame it on that instead of my own faults in the application :cool:

Congrats on your JPM interview. Now that you mention it, what uni do you go to if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by Marc Fiorano
lol doesn't it just make you laugh when you're doing a highly quant degree and yet struggle to do a numerical? I'm doing physics and ran out of time on my MS test and just laughed. My course mates and I are always joking about it, we can do degree level high order derivatives and quantum mechanics...but 20 mins of basic arithmetic? No chance :p:

ahha same :P
i never used a calculator in my first term lol :biggrin:
and also, the largest number we can find in our problems is...maybe 10! if larger then just say it's n ahah

Thats actually typical of us (Quants). Even my lecturers make such stupid mistakes when trying to compute simple arithmitic problems and try to cover it up bt saying "This isnt real maths, this is for people who want to work at Tescos"
Reply 1653
Congrats on your JPM interview. Now that you mention it, what uni do you go to if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Thanks. I wasn't expecting it tbh.

I go to RHUL. To put it into perspective, however bad you think it is it's actually 100 times worse. In 2 years we've had one financial firm visit campus and it was some random company called RCM. Good times :borat:
Reply 1654
Has anyone else's DB status changed to 'Interview Process'?

yeh and below it says:

'You have successfully completed our online test. Your results have been submitted for review and you will be contacted shortly.'

maybe we passed and now they are reviewing the rest of our apps not sure though.

did you get a jpm interview?
Thats actually typical of us (Quants). Even my lecturers make such stupid mistakes when trying to compute simple arithmitic problems and try to cover it up bt saying "This isnt real maths, this is for people who want to work at Tescos"

LOL classic line! My lecturers are similar, often make mistakes in the simple stuff.

Original post by Zynx
Thanks. I wasn't expecting it tbh.

I go to RHUL. To put it into perspective, however bad you think it is it's actually 100 times worse. In 2 years we've had one financial firm visit campus and it was some random company called RCM. Good times :borat:

lol well either way you've done well to get two top interviews. It's nice to know JPM isn't just picking from targets. I suspect GS will though.
Reply 1656
Those with CS interviews, when did you apply?
Original post by miml
Those with CS interviews, when did you apply?

No interview yet too! :frown:
Reply 1658
LOL classic line! My lecturers are similar, often make mistakes in the simple stuff.

lol well either way you've done well to get two top interviews. It's nice to know JPM isn't just picking from targets. I suspect GS will though.

GS is the least snobby in terms of uni/grades, they are reallyyy hot on work experience and extra-curriculars. And by them I mean financial brand name work experience and WOW extra-curriculars, not charity work/society position/county rugby team.
Original post by lilly xx
GS is the least snobby in terms of uni/grades, they are reallyyy hot on work experience and extra-curriculars. And by them I mean financial brand name work experience and WOW extra-curriculars, not charity work/society position/county rugby team.

Really? That's news to me, I mean I always knew they're big on work exp and outstanding unique ECs but the general consensus is they're very snobby about unis. Maybe it's different here in London than NYC, where they are hardcore elitists.

Latest

Trending

Trending